Author Topic: 3 things to prepare for when President Trump is declared the winner  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 3 things to prepare for when President Trump is declared the winner
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2020, 07:28:39 pm »
Sorry, @sneakypete.  The actual text in the US Constitution is crystal clear.  Again, Amendment 20, Section 3:

3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.

It specifies "President Elect," which means "Winner of the Electoral College."  Heels-Up would be the VP-elect specifically identified in the quote above, "Vice President elect."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2020, 08:53:45 pm »
Speaking as an actual lawyer, albeit retired, let me say that when a judge dismisses a lawsuit, he or she does not "laugh" anyone out of court. There really is no such thing as being laughed out of court. As an attorney, I've filed a few motions to dismiss for failure to state a claim upon which relief may be granted, but even I was not laughing about it - irrespective of whether the judge granted my motion.
This is your educational moment for the day, Absalom.
----------------------------
Er................who are you and what are you talking about?????

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2020, 08:56:17 pm »

What kind of a question is that, @Absalom??  The name is  @mountaineer, and what's she's talking about is likely somewhere upthread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2020, 08:56:32 pm »
Er, responding to your uninformed comment that the Trump election fraud lawsuits were "laughed" out of court.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Absalom

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2020, 09:00:04 pm »
He will have no idea as to what you are talking about @mountaineer just as he doesn't get that some dismissals are done to aid the case in getting to where it is ultimately going.
-------------------------------
Er.........it's ultimately going back to it's home base; the bottom of the commode! Try getting real!!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 09:00:04 pm »
Er, responding to your uninformed comment that the Trump election fraud lawsuits were "laughed" out of court.

Er ... I was hoping that he/she would be accepted by the Democratic Underground.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2020, 09:09:54 pm »
Stop the personal attacks on TBR Members, @Absalom.  They are not as cleverly veiled as you seem to think they are.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 09:10:29 pm »
Er ... I was hoping that he/she would be accepted by the Democratic Underground.
With open arms.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 09:23:05 pm »

Yeah, might be a good option for a brainiac.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 10:48:20 pm »
  The name is  mountaineer, and what's she's talking about is likely somewhere upthread.
Hi, I'm mountaineer (Other attendees: Hi, mountaineer) and I'm a recovering lawyer - who actually has an idea of how lawsuits work.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2020, 10:52:25 pm »
Hi, I'm mountaineer (Other attendees: Hi, mountaineer) and I'm a recovering lawyer - who actually has an idea of how lawsuits work.

"Hi, mountaineer!  Would you ike a nice cuppa cofeve?"
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2020, 10:54:02 pm »
"Hi, mountaineer!  Would you ike a nice cuppa cofeve?"
Absolutely. Cofeve is one of things that makes America great!

Online rustynail

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2020, 12:02:37 am »
Sorry, @sneakypete.  The actual text in the US Constitution is crystal clear.  Again, Amendment 20, Section 3:

It specifies "President Elect," which means "Winner of the Electoral College."  Heels-Up would be the VP-elect specifically identified in the quote above, "Vice President elect."

@Cyber Liberty

So,you think that leaves it wide-open to accept someone as the legal  President,even if he or she has never been sworn-in?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2020, 12:07:01 am »
@Cyber Liberty

So,you think that leaves it wide-open to accept someone as the legal  President,even if he or she has never been sworn-in?

I have no idea, besides the very clear language of the 20th Amendment that says, Heels-Up is sworn in as "President" if Sloe Joe becomes Heart-Stopped Joe between the Electoral College vote and January 20th, 2021.  We may not like it, but it's the Constitutional Law.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2020, 12:08:59 am »
I have no idea, besides the very clear language of the 20th Amendment that says, Heels-Up is sworn in as "President" if Sloe Joe becomes Heart-Stopped Joe between the Electoral College vote and January 20th, 2021.  We may not like it, but it's the Constitutional Law.
Today's "twisted ankle while playing with the dog" is just the first in a series of mishaps Joe will be experiencing in the coming days.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2020, 12:15:55 am »
Today's "twisted ankle while playing with the dog" is just the first in a series of mishaps Joe will be experiencing in the coming days.

He'll have to hold out until 12/14 or he'll ruin everything.  And...even if he does croak we'll never find out because Heels-Up is damned if she'll let a little thing like that ruin her grab at the brass ring.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2020, 02:52:38 am »
Found this.  12th amendment.  POTUS WINS OFFICE. 
---------------------------
Basically it means if both candidates can't get to a majority which is 270, by Dec 14th, then the election gets thrown out as if it had never occurred. All results get thrown out. In which case, it goes to the House of Representatives to elect the president.

Only it's not each individual state congressman/representative that gets a vote....It's each of the 50 states that gets one vote each (according to the 12th amendment). 37 of those 50 states are controlled by Republican legislatures, so Trump wins...

So keep this in mind that Trump's legal team has two fundamental strategies they are going for here. Either get the state electoral votes flipped back to Trump....Or force the states to be unable to certify so that the total electoral votes for both candidates remains under the required 270 majority so that it gets kicked to the House and the 12th amendment.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2020, 02:25:39 pm »
Found this.  12th amendment.  POTUS WINS OFFICE. 
---------------------------
Basically it means if both candidates can't get to a majority which is 270, by Dec 14th, then the election gets thrown out as if it had never occurred. All results get thrown out. In which case, it goes to the House of Representatives to elect the president.

Only it's not each individual state congressman/representative that gets a vote....It's each of the 50 states that gets one vote each (according to the 12th amendment). 37 of those 50 states are controlled by Republican legislatures, so Trump wins...

So keep this in mind that Trump's legal team has two fundamental strategies they are going for here. Either get the state electoral votes flipped back to Trump....Or force the states to be unable to certify so that the total electoral votes for both candidates remains under the required 270 majority so that it gets kicked to the House and the 12th amendment.

Close, but no cigar, @LegalAmerican.  The 12th Amendment states the following:

The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed ...

The highlighted part refers to the number of "electors appointed."  If a state does not certify, then that reduces the number of electors appointed, so the number for victory goes down, below 270.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2020, 02:44:56 pm »
Close, but no cigar, @LegalAmerican.  The 12th Amendment states the following:

The highlighted part refers to the number of "electors appointed."  If a state does not certify, then that reduces the number of electors appointed, so the number for victory goes down, below 270.

And we also have this:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 03:08:34 pm »
And we also have this:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

It's sad to say, but that ship sailed when O'Bastard was elected, and Every.  Single.  Federal.  Court.  Threw out the cases because not a single person in America had "standing" to sue.  Even people who were elected to the Electoral College were deemed to have no standing!  The corrupt legal system closed around and protected the illegal usurper.
I will NOT comply.