Author Topic: Liberals Really Don’t Get It ..Derek Hunter  (Read 76 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberals Really Don’t Get It ..Derek Hunter
« on: November 26, 2020, 02:19:05 pm »
Liberals Really Don’t Get It
Derek Hunter

Posted: Nov 26, 2020 12:01 AM

Forgive the self-indulgence here for a second, but there is a point to be made through it. I’m filling in for the great Rush Limbaugh tomorrow (Friday, so make sure to tune in) and, needless to say, I’m very excited about it. As such, I posted it on social media, once I was allowed to. One of the replies was from my best friend, who happens to be a big liberal. He’s always been a big liberal, I’ve always been a big conservative, it’s never really been an issue…until President Donald Trump.

Sure, we’d argued about politics over the years – when you’ve known someone since high school, you’ve likely argued about everything, at one point or another – but we’ve always been cheerleaders for each other, like friends should be. And he always has been, until now.

He responded with a crack about COVID and misinformation, the details aren’t important. What is important is the tone, it was nasty. We haven’t talked much in a while, he’s a doctor living in New Jersey and is married with two small kids so, as you can imagine, he’s busy and stressed, which is understandable. Still, once Trump was elected, the phone calls became returned less frequently.

I should add that we avoided talking politics as much as possible. Years of friendship, fun, and arguing led us to realize there was no point in fighting about the things we aren’t going to change about each other, there are enough other things to talk about that we didn’t need to start pointless fights. That’s what made his snarky reply to my good news so bothersome.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2020/11/26/liberals-really-dont-get-it-n2580667
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34