Author Topic: Sen. Booker Introduces Bill to Transfer Land to Black Farmers  (Read 678 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Booker Introduces Bill to Transfer Land to Black Farmers
« on: November 25, 2020, 06:35:18 pm »
By Surya Gowda    |   Wednesday, 25 November 2020 08:03 AM

Three Democrat senators have introduced a bill that would reform the U.S. Department of Agriculture and create a system of land grants to transfer millions of acres to Black farmers at no charge.

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., the lead sponsor of the bill, tweeted Tuesday, "I'm proud to team up with @ewarren and @SenGillibrand to introduce the Justice for Black Farmers Act. We need to balance the scales after decades of systemic racism within @USDA have harmed Black farmers."

The bill was announced on Nov. 19 by Booker, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., and is set to be released on Nov. 30.

Booker told Mother Jones the bill aims to reverse the "destructive forces that were unleashed upon Black farmers over the past century — one of the dark corners of shame in American history." A new USDA agency called the Equitable Land Access Service would buy agricultural land from willing sellers and "convey grants of that land to eligible Black individuals at no cost to the eligible Black individuals," the bill states.

Through the race-based land transfer program, up to 32 million acres of land would be under Black ownership in a decade, which is seven times the amount currently in Black-owned farms, according to Agriculture.com.

The fund devotes $8 billion annually to the project and aims to make 20,000 grants each year of up to 160 acres through 2030.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/cory-booker-land-transfer-farmers-race/2020/11/25/id/998701/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Sen. Booker Introduces Bill to Transfer Land to Black Farmers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 06:49:46 pm »
Cory baby sweetheart, You know any brothers left with share-cropping experience that will take advantage of your generous proposal?  The plantation just ain't been the same since LBJ ran water and sewer and repainted the servants quarters .
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 07:00:49 pm »
No mule included? (tractor)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 07:06:07 pm »
So we're now Zimbabwe?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 07:28:04 pm »
So we're now Zimbabwe?

When we start seeing "Necklacing" you will know it!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 07:33:27 pm »
I thought this was tried before?  It ended up being just a tax write-off for wealthy people who identify as "black."  Not one poor black farmer (who knows how to actually farm) was helped.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 07:36:02 pm »
Black Lives Special

Some lives more equal than others.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »
And he was just re elected by a landslide.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 07:54:23 pm »
And he was just re elected by a landslide.

He will be until he's willing to walk away from those excellent Senator perks.  Could be for life, like John McStain.  It's the perfect job for the shiftless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:29 pm »
Okay, I'll ask the unasked and most important question  Where does this so called "new" farmland come from? 

From magic pixie dust? Confiscation?  Uncut land that might be worth less than what it would cost to clear, level, and grade for plowable?

First salvo of reparations coming in as a sheep in wolf's clothing.  And I kid you not, this will not be the first example.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 08:02:46 pm »
Okay, I'll ask the unasked and most important question  Where does this so called "new" farmland come from? 

From magic pixie dust? Confiscation?  Uncut land that might be worth less than what it would cost to clear, level, and grade for plowable?

First salvo of reparations coming in as a sheep in wolf's clothing.  And I kid you not, this will not be the first example.

Probably Federal land, which they have far too much of already.  95% of the surface area of Nevada is gummint controlled.  Now, if they start condemning land owned by white farmers, we're Zimbabwe or South Africa.  It's not a great leap to necklaces.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 08:05:27 pm »
Probably Federal land, which they have far too much of already.  95% of the surface area of Nevada is gummint controlled.  Now, if they start condemning land owned by white farmers, we're Zimbabwe or South Africa.  It's not a great leap to necklaces.

There's PLENTY of black rednecks in the South and in the lower midwest... Plenty going broke farming just like the white ones. I don't think them folks are partial to that sort of thinking.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2020, 08:15:55 pm »
No mule included? (tractor)

The original agreement was 40 acres and a borrowed mule.  (See:  http://www.freedmen.umd.edu/savmtg.htm ).  The Democrats under Johnson reneged on the agreement.  Thus they are liable - not the US taxpayer.  The Democrat Party should pay up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 09:53:20 pm »
He will be until he's willing to walk away from those excellent Senator perks.  Could be for life, like John McStain.  It's the perfect job for the shiftless.

Nah, he’s got presidential aspirations. Or something like a good cabinet post.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:54:20 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 09:56:43 pm »
Nah, he’s got presidential aspirations. Or something like a good cabinet post.

He has never farmed so at least he won't bring a traditional "hoe" to the party.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 10:00:59 pm »
He has never farmed so at least he won't bring a traditional "hoe" to the party.

Sure Spartacus farmed!  He learnt the craft from Lil Mikey Bloomberg.
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 10:51:17 pm »
I don't know about no hoe, but wasn't the rumor that Booker preferred to be the plowee than the plower? One things for sure while he's not a farmer he is an expert in bullshit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 11:14:32 pm »
By Surya Gowda    |   Wednesday, 25 November 2020 08:03 AM

Three Democrat senators have introduced a bill that would reform the U.S. Department of Agriculture and create a system of land grants to transfer millions of acres to Black farmers at no charge.

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., the lead sponsor of the bill, tweeted Tuesday, "I'm proud to team up with @ewarren and @SenGillibrand to introduce the Justice for Black Farmers Act. We need to balance the scales after decades of systemic racism within @USDA have harmed Black farmers."

The bill was announced on Nov. 19 by Booker, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., and is set to be released on Nov. 30.

And being creatures who were spewed forth on America from Mass,NY,and NJ cities,this makes them experts on farming?

B
ooker told Mother Jones the bill aims to reverse the "destructive forces that were unleashed upon Black farmers over the past century — one of the dark corners of shame in American history." A new USDA agency called the Equitable Land Access Service would buy agricultural land from willing sellers and "convey grants of that land to eligible Black individuals at no cost to the eligible Black individuals," the bill states.

Through the race-based land transfer program, up to 32 million acres of land would be under Black ownership in a decade, which is seven times the amount currently in Black-owned farms, according to Agriculture.com.

The fund devotes $8 billion annually to the project and aims to make 20,000 grants each year of up to 160 acres through 2030.

It should be VERY informative to learn who owns title to those farms a year after the goobermint buys them to give away.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2020, 11:44:46 pm »

VOTER FRAUD.   :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2020, 11:50:19 pm »

I said he needs to move to Africa as he thinks we are IN South Africa.  White farmers are wanted back with land compensations.  3.6 BILLION.  They want funded, by other nations.  IMF.  lol. Where did all of Mugabes money end up?
Whose pocket?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 12:51:01 am »
From "40 acres and a mule" to Zimbabwe.
Just. Like. That.

Addendum:
Posted the above reply just as soon as I saw the article title. I should have read through the responses!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:56:37 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2020, 12:59:20 am »
@Cyber Liberty

The article says the govn. will buy the land from people who want to sell it, then the govn. gives it to the black people.  So, we buy it and give it away,

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 01:01:34 am »
@Cyber Liberty

The article says the govn. will buy the land from people who want to sell it, then the govn. gives it to the black people.  So, we buy it and give it away,

Much like the election.  Biden bought it.  You let them give it away.  Hope you are happy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 01:04:20 am »
@Cyber Liberty

I don't approve of my tax money going to racist schemes,
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2020, 01:47:17 am »
@Cyber Liberty

The government isn't liable here.  The Democrat Party is.  They were the ones who reneged on the agreement.  They should be the ones to pay.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-