Author Topic: Side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine won't be a 'walk in the park,' doctors warn  (Read 544 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine won't be a 'walk in the park,' doctors warn

The vaccines in final stages of trial are said to induce symptoms similar to the virus.

By Brianna Kraemer

Updated: November 24, 2020 - 7:23pm

Doctors are suggesting that the CDC warn the public that the new coronavirus vaccines, which are expected to be approved by the FDA in the next few weeks, will have unpleasant effects on patients.

Pfizer and Moderna each have acknowledged that their vaccines could induce side effects similar to the virus itself, with possible muscle pains, chills and headache.

In a Monday meeting with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisers, doctors said public health officials and drugmakers need to warn people about the rough side effects so they are prepared and not scared away from getting the second dose.

Both vaccines that are in the process of approval by the Federal Drug Administration require two doses, according to Dr. Sandra Fryhofer of the American Medical Association. Fryhofer says she's warned that her patients won't come back for the second dose if the side effects are bad enough.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/side-effects-covid-19-vaccine-wont-be-walk-park-doctors-warn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No thanks.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

A sore arm or a life-threatening disease ... a headache or a life-threatening disease ... not a tough choice. Further, every medication already comes with a long list of potential side effects, so this carrying-coals-to-Newcastle call "to warn people about the rough side effects" is <1% reality and >99% Hate-Trumpism.

I hope to be able in a month or so to let folks know whether I was correct or incorrect in that assessment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why in the hell would anyone subject themselves to all that to protect themselves from something with a 99+% survival rate?  It makes absolutely NO sense to me and I will not do it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I will be afraid...I am that one in a million person you read about on your prescription read-outs who experienced side effects.

I have always been sensitive to medication side effects which drives my Dr nuts when he has to prescribe anything for me.

So I am worried about this vaccine..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DB

I will be afraid...I am that one in a million person you read about on your prescription read-outs who experienced side effects.

I have always been sensitive to medication side effects which drives my Dr nuts when he has to prescribe anything for me.

So I am worried about this vaccine..

Keep you vitamin D levels up. Statistically far fewer people develop serious symptoms when they have good vitamin D levels in their blood. There's a lot of data showing that those who are significantly deficient in D blood levels have much more severe outcomes. If you don't get much sun take 5,000 IU a day. 5,000 IU pills of D3 from Costco are inexpensive.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Keep you vitamin D levels up. Statistically far fewer people develop serious symptoms when they have good vitamin D levels in their blood. There's a lot of data showing that those who are significantly deficient in D blood levels have much more severe outcomes. If you don't get much sun take 5,000 IU a day. 5,000 IU pills of D3 from Costco are inexpensive.

I have been taking D3 for years..my DR put me on that years ago.
Support the USO

Offline DB

That's good. Rest a little easier. Having a bad outcome with Covid-19 is very unlikely for you.

Offline PeteS in CA

With the way Covid has been politicized almost from the beginning (something I anticipated back in late January) and in particular the way these vaccines have been attacked for political reasons ever since Hate-Trumpers realized the threat those vaccines posed to their Hate-Trump narratives and control-freakitis tyranny, I reflexively view claims such as in the OP article as politicized exaggerations or falsehoods. Side effects happen, but not to all, and not in the same degree to those who do experience side-effects; so I think these annoymorous doctors (or ?? ... they're annoymorous) are making generalizations that are politically-motivated gross exaggerations.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:41:27 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline libertybele

I'm wondering then how many people will actually get COVID from the vaccine??  Also ... a second vaccine is needed??

My hunch is that people are going to die from this vaccine.  No thank you. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm wondering then how many people will actually get COVID from the vaccine??  Also ... a second vaccine is needed??

@libertybele I have personally taken two flu (a virus) vaccines in my life and both nearly killed me. My mother told me that the third time is the charm so there isn't going to be a third time for me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I take Desert Harvest brand multi-vitamins with Aloe vera and Renew Life probiotics. When I feel like I'm fighting a cold or flu I drink organic ginger, peppermint and chamomile tea.  I also then take extra vit. D & C.

Obviously none of us are going to live forever, but I believe that there is the possibility that the COVID vaccine could be created to shorten your lifespan.  I'm not trusting of our government; perhaps it is being created to eliminate certain populations (especially the elderly) -- it would eliminate huge health care costs/insurance and social security benefits that would otherwise be paid out to those over 65.

It was suggested at one point that those in nursing homes and the elderly would get the first vaccines ....

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele I have personally taken two flu (a virus) vaccines in my life and both nearly killed me. My mother told me that the third time is the charm so there isn't going to be a third time for me.

I've had two flu vaccines in my life ... I thought the first one was going to kill me, I was never so sick in all my life.  The second one was years later and my arm swelled at the injection site.   You are right ... 3rd time is a charm .... not going to be a third time for me either @Bigun

Offline rustynail

Swine flue vaccine redux?

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Unlike the common polio vaccine(s), none of the 5 vaccines currently undergoing Phase III testing in the US (AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Novavax, and Pfizer) use weakened live corona viruses. So no one "will actually get COVID from the vaccine".

2. The AstraZeneca, Moderna, and Pfizer vaccines use two doses, a month apart. The shingles vaccine Shingrix is administered this way as well, so a two-dose regimen for the Covid vaccines is not unique. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is undergoing two Phase III tests, the one begun first using a single dose, and the other using a two-dose regimen.

3. On the order of 22,000 people received the Pfizer vaccine (and another 22K in the test received a placebo) in that Phase III test. On the order of 15,000 people received the Moderna vaccine in that Phase III test. At present some 10K-15K in several countries have received the AstraZeneca vaccine in Phase III tests, with another 15K planned in the US Phase III test begun several weeks ago. As determined by the tests' respective independent data and safety monitoring committees - not Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca, who are isolated from all test data - with no adverse events caused by the vaccines. So your hunch is completely unsupported by months of testing with tens of thousands of participants.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why in the hell would anyone subject themselves to all that to protect themselves from something with a 99+% survival rate?  It makes absolutely NO sense to me and I will not do it!
THIS!  pointing-up pointing-up
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis