Author Topic: Our Liberties Are Collapsing  (Read 94 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Our Liberties Are Collapsing
« on: November 24, 2020, 12:35:37 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Marla Closen November 23, 2020

Closen: Our Liberties Are Collapsing

If we continue to accept the gradual elimination of our liberties, we accept an authoritarian government planned for us by others. 

As I prepare my lecture on federal government, I have paused—in this exceptional teaching moment—to summarize to my students how our constitutional liberties have been eroding before our eyes and how we must open our eyes and act to stop their complete destruction.

To describe what is happening to us in our country is to repeat a worn-out cliché: We are the frogs—not the ones tossed into the boiling water who jump out, but the ones who are placed in the pot when the water is lukewarm and who slowly and insidiously become frog soup. If we continue to accept the gradual elimination of our liberties, we accept an authoritarian government planned for us by others. 

To change our representative democracy to an oppressive version of something else, those in charge are denying us our freedom of speech, assembly, religion, and—the latest and most egregious—our ability to legitimately vote. It is that simple. If you do not see it, you need to wake up. Now.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/commentary/closen-our-liberties-are-collapsing/