Author Topic: Will Thanksgiving Mark The Beginning Of The Lockdown Resistance?  (Read 131 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will Thanksgiving Mark The Beginning Of The Lockdown Resistance?
« on: November 23, 2020, 02:23:22 pm »
Will Thanksgiving Mark The Beginning Of The Lockdown Resistance?
I & I Editorial Board
November 23, 2020

I&I Editorial

With a number of governors instituting new lockdowns this month, and doing their best to cancel Thanksgiving, it seems the backlash is coming, if it’s not already here. A country that’s about to observe a holiday in which we express appreciation for our unique American blessings appears ready to shrug off the chains of petty tyrants. For that, we give thanks.

Governors in, most infamously, California, New York, Oregon, and Minnesota, but also other states, have told constituents to limit their celebrations and travel. They might not in every case have specifically cited Thanksgiving. But it’s obvious that the nagging has accelerated because of the holiday. It’s just as obvious that, after more than eight months of various lockdowns, some Americans have had enough.

In an unmistakable rebuke to Andrew Cuomo, sheriffs in New York have said they won’t be enforcing the governor’s 10-person limit at private gatherings. Saratoga County Sheriff Michael Zurlo, for instance, said he didn’t “see how devoting our resources to counting cars in citizens’ driveways or investigating how much turkey and dressing they’ve purchased is for the public good.” Erie County Sheriff Tim Howard has promised he will do what the busybody governor refuses to do and that is “respect the sanctity of your home.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/11/23/will-thanksgiving-mark-the-beginning-of-the-lockdown-resistance/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Will Thanksgiving Mark The Beginning Of The Lockdown Resistance?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 02:29:45 pm »
"There is a strain of politician in this country more dangerous than the virus."

Boy that is a keeper!. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:34:11 pm »
The country needs to.  The hour is getting late..

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 03:25:41 pm »
The massive non-compliance is going to drive the Commies nutz.  In Nevada, Sisolak has issued new, tighter restrictions.  Only 6 people, with a maximum of two households allowed for Thanksgiving.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 03:50:06 pm »
Although reading the FB comments to the Denver media, the majority of posters are still supporting the lockdowns.  COVID is all the media reports on and I received a public safety alert on my phone on Saturday that read, "This region is at severe risk from DEADLY (emphasis mine) COVID.  Use caution. The fear mongering is off the charts.  9999hair out0000

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 03:55:50 pm »
I don't think so. The majority will quietly ignore it, and go about their business. It will devastate more businesses though!