Author Topic: How Trump Responded When a High-Ranking Republican Called on Him to Concede  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Trump Responded When a High-Ranking Republican Called on Him to Concede
Beth Baumann

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 11:05 AM

House Republican Conference Chair Rep. Liz Cheney (WY) on Saturday called on President Donald Trump to either produce evidence of election fraud or accept the results of the election, meaning Joe Biden would be the next president.

“America is governed by the rule of law. The President and his lawyers have made claims of criminality and widespread fraud, which they allege could impact election results. If they have genuine evidence of this, they are obligated to present it immediately in court and to the American people," Cheney said in a statement. "I understand that the President has filed more than thirty separate lawsuits. If he is unsatisfied with the results in those lawsuits, then the appropriate avenue is to appeal."

"If the President cannot prove these claims or demonstrate that they would change the election result, he should fulfill his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by respecting the sanctity of our electoral process," she said.

President Trump took to Twitter, saying he refuses to concede the election to Biden when "hundreds of thousands of fraudulent votes" has the ability to "easily flip the Election."

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Sorry Liz, can’t accept the results of an election with hundreds of thousands of fraudulent votes cast, enough to easily flip the Election. You’re just unhappy that I’m bringing the troops back home where they belong!

This claim about election fraud is disputed

POLITICO
@politico
The chair of the House Republican Conference became the latest high-profile Republican to publicly urge Trump to accept the results of the presidential election. https://politico.com/news/2020/11/21/liz-cheney-trump-election-438997
7:49 PM · Nov 21, 2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cheney thinks there's a Speakership in her future.

Let that sink in. 

Offline Hoodat

The title does not reflect what Cheney actually said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She really packed on the pounds since she hit the Congressional gravy train....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The title does not reflect what Cheney actually said.

No, but she is behaving just like the bratty Journalists and Biteme supporters who are demanding to see evidence at this inappropriate time.  She's not very far away from Mitt Romney, and Trump is right: She's furious President Trump wants to wind down her face-shooting Papa's deadly fiascos in worthless Moslem shitholes. 

IOW, she has a personal problem and is becoming unhinged.  Too bad, because I used to have a lot of respect for her, but it turns out her skin is thinner than Donald Trump's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

She really packed on the pounds since she hit the Congressional gravy train....

Trump has really brought out the sense of entitlement of the beltway crowd, political party notwithstanding. You just don't get to play in their sandbox.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I had expected DT to return the volley expressed in December 22, 1944 when the German Commander at the Battle of the Bulge demanded Allies to surrender at Bastogne and American Gen. Anthony McAuliffe replied

NUTS!

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

I had expected DT to return the volley expressed in December 22, 1944 when the German Commander at the Battle of the Bulge demanded Allies to surrender at Bastogne and American Gen. Anthony McAuliffe replied

NUTS!

Only an American could have done that...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

NUTS!

I don't think that was the actual quote.  I think salt was added to the response.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I don't think that was the actual quote.  I think salt was added to the response.
Likely, but the saltiness does not make the history books.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: How Trump Responded When a High-Ranking Republican Called on Him to Concede
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 11:45:14 pm »
Likely, but the saltiness does not make the history books.

No, not in the 1940's.  That was a time when the Press hid things like ol' rubberlegs being in a wheelchair, his lesbo wife and JFK's addiction to injections of heavy painkillers.   :shrug:

Another wonderful time to be a Democrat.
I will NOT comply.