Author Topic: Chris Christie: Trump's legal team has been 'a national embarrassment'  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Christie: Trump's legal team has been 'a national embarrassment'
By Joseph Choi - 11/22/20 11:57 AM EST

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Sunday called President Trump's legal team "a national embarrassment."

Christie told ABC "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos that it was time for Trump's refusal to concede to end, adding to pressure building from members of the GOP to begin recognizing President-elect Joe Biden's victory.

Stephanopoulos noted that Trump's legal team had lost 34 court cases and that Trump attacked Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.) for calling on the president on Saturday to recognize the election result.

"Is it finally time for this end?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"Yes," Christie responded. "The president has had an opportunity to access the courts, and I said to you, you know George, starting at 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning, if you've got the evidence of fraud, present it. And what's happened here is quite frankly, the conduct of the president's legal team has been a national embarrassment."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/527074-chris-christie-trumps-legal-team-has-been-a-national-embarrassment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Chris Christie: Trump's legal team has been 'a national embarrassment'
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 05:26:17 pm »
I think Trump is finding out who his *friends* really are.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 05:37:38 pm »
There’s Christie Cream again, one fat moistened finger in the air.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 05:45:56 pm »
Mortification, far more than an embarrassment;
but no surprise as Trump is consoled by Stooges.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 06:48:25 pm »
Trump is filing lawsuits in Democommie controlled cities and states.  It is expected by his team they are shot down.  They have to go through the process to ultimately arrive at the Supreme Court.  Hopefully they get there, but if Roberts has anything to say about it, it will not happen.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 07:04:38 pm »
Trump is filing lawsuits in Democommie controlled cities and states.  It is expected by his team they are shot down.  They have to go through the process to ultimately arrive at the Supreme Court.  Hopefully they get there, but if Roberts has anything to say about it, it will not happen.

Don't the justices assigned to the various districts decide what is heard in SCOTUS? Or does the CJ still have veto power over their recommendations?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 07:50:24 pm »
Mortification, far more than an embarrassment;
but no surprise as Trump is consoled by Stooges.
No sour grapes on Christie's, part...no, not him... **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 07:54:37 pm »
I think Trump is finding out who his *friends* really are.

Christiie's entire career has been predicated with sticking his finger in the wind for direction.  Jabba can ooze away all I care. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 08:06:45 pm »
No sour grapes on Christie's, part...no, not him... **nononono*

Shhh. If we leave Plutarch alone maybe we'll get lucky and he'll nyuk nyuk nyuk his way back to the Temple of Apollo.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 08:38:41 pm »
Dan Scavino🇺🇸🦅
@DanScavino

Video:

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1323693251677855745

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 08:54:02 pm »
Donald J. Trump Retweeted
Justice Thomas
@JusticeThomas

9:58 AM · Nov 20, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JusticeThomas/status/1329801190851424258

Justice Thomas
@JusticeThomas

This account is dedicated to honoring Justice Thomas and his legacy. It is owned and operated by @judicialnetwork, and is not affiliated with Justice Thomas.​​

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 09:09:42 pm »
This is going to be a week were a lot is likely to happen - whether good or bad is unclear.

The expectations have been set very high by Powell and Wood. It would seem pretty unlikely they'll be allowed to make their case with all that is at stake.

Be prepared for anything this coming week...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 09:15:01 pm »
This is going to be a week were a lot is likely to happen - whether good or bad is unclear.

The expectations have been set very high by Powell and Wood. It would seem pretty unlikely they'll be allowed to make their case with all that is at stake.

Yep.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 09:15:53 pm »
Personally I wish Trump had a much better legal team working on this.

As for Christie, I could really care less what the jelly doughnut boy says.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 09:22:45 pm »
Okay, I have this little itch in the back of my brain that says What if both sides were in on using this stuff, that the calculus was all worked out in the equivalent of smoky back rooms, and both sides used this to tweak a system they have been milking the teats off of for the last century or more?
Maybe that's why there are so few prominent GOP out there railing about fraud and election theft.
Maybe that's why it is so hard for an 'outsider' to get in?
This could be the Deep State's job security program, after all, we're talking about here--not needed for every election, but just enough to keep this one out or get that one in...to make sure that every step is one toward totalitarianism, whether it's the left jackboot or the right one.

Where are the investigators and prosecutors?
Where is the DOJ?

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 09:28:11 pm »
Okay, I have this little itch in the back of my brain that says What if both sides were in on using this stuff, that the calculus was all worked out in the equivalent of smoky back rooms, and both sides used this to tweak a system they have been milking the teats off of for the last century or more?
Maybe that's why there are so few prominent GOP out there railing about fraud and election theft.
Maybe that's why it is so hard for an 'outsider' to get in?

This could be the Deep State's job security program, after all, we're talking about here--not needed for every election, but just enough to keep this one out or get that one in...to make sure that every step is one toward totalitarianism, whether it's the left jackboot or the right one.

Where are the investigators and prosecutors?
Where is the DOJ?

Bingo!  Barr is useless; maybe he's been hiding in the basement with Sloe Joe.  Unfortunately Giualiani will prove to be just as useless.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 09:28:52 pm »
Bingo!  Barr is useless; maybe he's been hiding in the basement with Sloe Joe.  Unfortunately Giualiani will prove to be just as useless.
I hope not, and I hope Powell has the real big guns in this.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 09:50:25 pm »
Personally I wish Trump had a much better legal team working on this.

As for Christie, I could really care less what the jelly doughnut boy says.

Let's take up a collection and Fed-Ex him a half-dozen traffic cones.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 10:07:10 pm »

And for cryin' out loud, be prepared for the media to throw shade on whatever the team produces.

They do not deserve the right to influence our thinking on anything.

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 10:09:50 pm »

Keep it together, @libertybele  We're almost there.   happy77

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 10:11:50 pm »
 :shrug:

So far Christie is right, unless they present some major evidence of fraud.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 10:17:14 pm »
Keep it together, @libertybele  We're almost there.   happy77

I'm hanging in there .... patting you on the back for remaining positive  happy77

I'm praying for a miracle .... BIGLY.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 10:18:24 pm »

Right. Everyone's fault but Trump's.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 10:19:38 pm »
:shrug:

So far Christie is right, unless they present some major evidence of fraud.

No, he's not. He doesn't get to un-throw sh*t once it leaves his hand, evidence or no evidence.

He's a disgusting political opportunist. And he's fat.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 10:19:45 pm »
Right. Everyone's fault but Trump's.

What do you fault the President for @Weird Tolkienish Figure