General Category > General Discussion

The 50 Most Underappreciated Cars of All Time

<< < (2/4) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on November 29, 2020, 08:06:26 am ---I have that problem a ton... I bust left-side motor mounts like they're going out of style. To the point that I chain the motor down to the frame (with just a half a link of play) as a matter of course.

Big motors, and the relatively heavy weight of my right foot, I imagine.  happy77

--- End quote ---
:beer:
Yeah, I have a congenital lead foot.  :shrug:  When in town, there are long 30MPH streets I actually set my cruise control on, or I'll be doing 45 before I get to the next light.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 29, 2020, 08:42:21 am --- :beer:
Yeah, I have a congenital lead foot.  :shrug:  When in town, there are long 30MPH streets I actually set my cruise control on, or I'll be doing 45 before I get to the next light.

--- End quote ---

:laugh:

Another problem I have... I can't seem to keep hind-ward tires... For some reason they're soon down to threads... Three pairs to the back for every pair in the front. It's a karma thing I think. I can't explain it otherwise.

Although I do consider it my duty, when in receipt of new rear tires, to let all the smoke out of them.  :laugh:

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on November 29, 2020, 08:46:41 am --- :laugh:

Another problem I have... I can't seem to keep hind-ward tires... For some reason they're soon down to threads... Three pairs to the back for every pair in the front. It's a karma thing I think. I can't explain it otherwise.

Although I do consider it my duty, when in receipt of new rear tires, to let all the smoke out of them.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---
Oh, i get the occasional chirp out of mine, but I'm ever conscious that a set of relatively tame skins for my daily driver sets me back the better part of a grand with mounting and balancing...so I try to keep the rubber on 'em.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 29, 2020, 08:56:11 am ---Oh, i get the occasional chirp out of mine, but I'm ever conscious that a set of relatively tame skins for my daily driver sets me back the better part of a grand with mounting and balancing...so I try to keep the rubber on 'em.

--- End quote ---

That is primarily what cured me too.. The pickup has swampers... Fifteen hundred to a set, if I get lucky.

And 15" wide, anything over 37s, even with a porker, they don't turn over so good... Doesn't stop me from trying tho...  :laugh: But get me in a mudhole, I'll put rooster tails 50 ft in the air, and soon enough it'll be raining cow pies.  :laugh: Best thing ever!

DCPatriot:
I think of all the cars I've owned since I was a teenager.  Has to be a psychological profile in there somewhere.

1959 Chevy Impala convertible (1st car) (white)
1964 Mustang hatchback (red)
1953 Pontiac sedan that had an Indian head on the hood that lit up orange. (two-tone blue)  bought from my neighbor for $500.
1964 Corvette Stingray convertible (navy blue)
1966 Chevelle convertible (light blue metallic)
1960 Thunderbird (navy blue)
1966 Corvette Stingray convertible (white)
1982 Peugeot 505 turbo (metallic blue)
1984 Peugeot 505 wagon (black)
1987 BMW 325i (champagne gold)
1989 BMW 325i convertible (metallic blue)
1999 BMW M3 stick (black)
1997 BMW 528i (black)
2000 BM@ M5 (black) 5 speed 400hp
2012 Volkswagen TDI Sport Wagon (black)
2016 Volkswagen Passat (grey metallic)

I suddenly want to burst out singing "Memories", from CATS!!   happy77

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version