Author Topic: Rush: The Never Trumpers Want Trump to Save the GOP in Georgia  (Read 4348 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Rush: The Never Trumpers Want Trump to Save the GOP in Georgia
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2020, 08:21:14 pm »
Loyalty to what?

I certainly didn't like either candidate either.

If you read up the thread you'll know what I mean.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2020, 08:23:15 pm »
Is that a good enough reason to just let the Biden kid have his ball?

Yeah. Providing fairness... which has yet to be determined.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2020, 08:24:26 pm »
If you even spouted even 10% of the vitriol at liberal democrats that you do toward DJT, you'd at least earn a morsel of credibility.  Your trollish comments are just getting people's blood pressures up.

I'm through.

I have praised the Trump administration's policies many times on this board.   I have also specifically praised Trump's Big Idea of reorienting the GOP towards working people and Americanism.   I think Trumpism can be a viable way forward for the party.

What I don't like about Trump is Trump himself. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2020, 08:32:09 pm »
I have praised the Trump administration's policies many times on this board.   I have also specifically praised Trump's Big Idea of reorienting the GOP towards working people and Americanism.   I think Trumpism can be a viable way forward for the party.

I want a chocolate sundae, but I don't want the ice cream, whipped cream or cherry.  Just the chocolate and sprinkles.

I like ice cream sundaes, but I don't like the ice cream.  That's what you just wrote sounds like.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2020, 08:33:23 pm »
Yeah. Providing fairness... which has yet to be determined.

Well, I don't like the notion that Democrats can cheat their way into office at will. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2020, 08:41:07 pm »
I want a chocolate sundae, but I don't want the ice cream, whipped cream or cherry.  Just the chocolate and sprinkles.

I like ice cream sundaes, but I don't like the ice cream.  That's what you just wrote sounds like.

More like a diabetic parent who claims,

"I love ice-cream sundaes dripping with chocolate with whipped cream piled high, but it's not good for my health.  Therefore, NOBODY in this house is ever going to have one!!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2020, 08:45:14 pm »
Well, I don't like the notion that Democrats can cheat their way into office at will. :shrug:

:shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2020, 09:33:29 pm »

Which IMO is why the election went the way it did. Hard to convince anyone to vote for someone they don't like.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »
Which IMO is why the election went the way it did. Hard to convince anyone to vote for someone they don't like.

More people voted for Trump in 2020 than for any other Republican candidate in US history.  Eleven million more people voted for Trump in 2020 than voted for him in 2016.  So can we please stop with this line of BS?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2020, 10:46:00 pm »
More people voted for Trump in 2020 than for any other Republican candidate in US history.  Eleven million more people voted for Trump in 2020 than voted for him in 2016.  So can we please stop with this line of BS?

What you say is true, however I think Trump motivated more people to  vote against him than to vote for him. He certainly lost the popular vote, and will most likely lose the EC as well.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2020, 10:51:49 pm »

Trump was just too obnoxious for all the disembodied ghosts in the dominion machine.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2020, 10:52:14 pm »

I'm not quite sure what you mean,  but I'll try again.    I understand that you can't abide those of us who didn't like either major party candidate.  Who reject the demand that we choose between two evils.    There may have been millions of us overall,  judging by the myriad examples of GOP Senate and House incumbents who drew more votes than Trump.   Trump lost the popular vote by six million,  twice as much as he did in 2016.   I know that's irrelevant,  but as some point Trumpsters are going to have to realize that they do not represent the entire party.  Get off your high horse.   It's trampling through mud and spattering us all.   

I've come a long way toward Trump's positions these last four years.  I am no longer a Kasich Republican,  although I continue to support his career-long theme of keeping budgets under control, notwithstanding that that's the view of a dinosaur.   No,  I understand the value of orientating economic and immigration policy around what's best for American workers,  of orientating regulatory policy around jobs and economic growth,  of getting our soldiers the hell out of the Middle East,  and the appointment of Constitutionalist judges.

We are all going to miss those policy victories when they're gone.

I'd like to save at least a few of them, and that's why the Georgia Senate runoffs are so important.

And Trump is just horsing around with what, certainly by now as his lawyers have suffered round after rounds of defeats,  has devolved into a vendetta and little more.  There is work to be done, sir,  and Trump is acting like he always has,  myopic and self-centered.   It is time he acted like Reagan,  about time he acted like a statesman.    Is that too much to ask without being labeled a troll?         
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:56:11 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2020, 10:53:36 pm »
What you say is true, however I think Trump motivated more people to  vote against him than to vote for him. He certainly lost the popular vote, and will most likely lose the EC as well.

Trump lost California 6 million to 11 million votes. He lost New York by 1 million votes. There's your 6 million popular vote delta. Considering my daughter received two ballots, as did my best pal's son, and thats only my small circle, I'm relatively certain not all 6 million votes were legit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:57:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2020, 11:00:41 pm »

No question that voters of all stripes were motivated this year as never before.  I have never seen any election before where both the candidate and his opposition agreed on the single defining issue:  A referendum on Trump the man.   Trump turned out his defenders,  just as his foes turned out his detractors.   In the end there were six million more of the latter.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2020, 11:02:50 pm »
I'm not quite sure what you mean,  but I'll try again.    I understand that you can't abide those of us who didn't like either major party candidate.  Who reject the demand that we choose between two evils.    There may have been millions of us overall,  judging by the myriad examples of GOP Senate and House incumbents who drew more votes than Trump.   Trump lost the popular vote by six million,  twice as much as he did in 2016.   I know that's irrelevant,  but as some point Trumpsters are going to have to realize that they do not represent the entire party.  Get off your high horse.   It's trampling through mud and spattering us all.   

I've come a long way toward Trump's positions these last four years.  I am no longer a Kasich Republican,  although I continue to support his career-long theme of keeping budgets under control, notwithstanding that that's the view of a dinosaur.   No,  I understand the value of orientating economic and immigration policy around what's best for American workers,  of orientating regulatory policy around jobs and economic growth,  of getting our soldiers the hell out of the Middle East,  and the appointment of Constitutionalist judges.

I'd like to save at least a few of them, and that's why the Georgia Senate runoffs are so important.

And Trump is just horsing around with what, certainly by now as his lawyers have suffered round after rounds of defeats,  has devolved into a vendetta and little more.  There is work to be done, sir,  and Trump is acting like he always has,  myopic and self-centered.   It is time he acted like Reagan,  about time he acted like a statesman.    Is that too much to ask without being labeled a troll?       
If polls are to be believed, most registered voters do not have faith that this election was on the level. Is it too much to ask you allow the president to exercise his constitutional prerogatives without making childish characterizations of what he's doing?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2020, 11:06:31 pm »

Wake me when it's been 37 days, like it was for Algore,   they'll get their precious concession when he damn well feels like giving it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2020, 11:19:24 pm »
I have never seen any election before where both the candidate and his opposition agreed on the single defining issue:  A referendum on Trump the man.   

Stop trying too create your own effing reality and stop thinking like a punch drunk teenage girl --- no one but your side saw this election as a beauty pageant @Jazzhead

The 73 million+ Americans voted for the man best suited to save this nation from the very likes of you.  Now get the hell out of the way, we're not finished.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2020, 11:28:33 pm »
I have praised the Trump administration's policies many times on this board.   I have also specifically praised Trump's Big Idea of reorienting the GOP towards working people and Americanism.   I think Trumpism can be a viable way forward for the party. What I don't like about Trump is Trump himself.
---------------------------------------------
Jazzhead, your effort is futile as you're dealing w/beliefs rather than opinions.
Trump's attitudes, behaviors, impulses and sentiments are aligned w/that of
the Narcissist; those who believe the world rotates abound them.
Unfortunately, this type has easily attracted followers throughout history.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:47:13 am by Absalom »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2020, 11:29:00 pm »
Stop trying too create your own effing reality and stop thinking like a punch drunk teenage girl --- no one but your side saw this election as a beauty pageant @Jazzhead

The 73 million+ Americans voted for the man best suited to save this nation from the very likes of you.  Now get the hell out of the way, we're not finished.

I know you're not finished,  and that's what worries me.   You and Trump want to take the Senate down with you.  How dare you ruin things with such arrogance?   

« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2020, 11:30:59 pm »
but as some point Trumpsters are going to have to realize that they do not represent the entire party.  Get off your high horse.   It's trampling through mud and spattering us all.   

I think if Trump supporters were going to jump on a high horse, splattering you and your ilk with mud would be the last way we'd use the horse on you. Trust me.

At some point you and your ilk are going to have to realize this is not your Party any more.  Your drumbeat disdain of us will be the political end of you.  Promise.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2020, 11:42:01 pm »
I know you're not finished,  and that's what worries me.   You and Trump want to take the Senate down with you.  How dare you ruin things with such arrogance?   

Your TDS is the far greater threat. You so want to believe the country sees things your way you are happy to ignore the fraud which cost Trump re-election, as it will cost the republicans the senate come January, no matter how many republicans show up there to vote.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:34 am »
If polls are to be believed, most registered voters do not have faith that this election was on the level. Is it too much to ask you allow the president to exercise his constitutional prerogatives without making childish characterizations of what he's doing?

I said he'd have to throw down last week to have any chance in hell of running it up the pole... And nothing... The rubber is meeting the road and all y'all had better start coming around to the understanding that from here on out, regardless of what you believe, each day your win becomes exponentially harder to accomplish.

More or less it's done, and the fat lady is moving to the microphone...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:11:49 am by roamer_1 »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2020, 12:18:03 am »

You think Democrats like Biden.     The Democrats are a coalition of people who hate each others' guts but pull together when it matters.     

We, on the other hand, are all "rugged individualists" who want our ideological purity so we can feel good about ourselves, while losing.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:18:52 am by dfwgator »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2020, 12:18:38 am »
I said he'd have to throw down last week to have any chance in hell of running it up the pole... And nothing... The rubber is meeting the road and all y'all had better start coming around to the understanding that from here on out, regardless of what you believe, each day your win becomes exponentially harder to accomplish.

More or less it's done, and the fat lady is moving to the microphone...
Maybe, but what has that got to do with my post?

« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2020, 12:24:13 am »

Ruin things?  WE gave you the things you're so worried about losing --- and we gave them to you while you stabbed us in the back for four bleep years.  Now you're twisting the same knife by fighting the President for exercising his Constitutional rights  --- not only on behalf of his Presidency and his voters ---- but also to prevent the fraud we 've witnessed from being institutionalized. 

Again:  is this stupidity on your part or evil?

At this moment in time,  I want to take you down politically any way I can ---  I want to render your political efforts moot, done, over, buried.  Right now, you are still my political enemy as much as any democrat ---  more so because you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Don't feign disbelief and question how I can think this way.  And do NOT question my concern for the greater good.  You and yours, Sparky, are damn good teachers.  Everything I've learned about political hate for your "own"--- I learned from you and your fellow NeverTrumps. And now I simply despise you and yours as you have despised this President and his supporters.  A pox on your political house is too good for you.

You would do better to stand down and shut up.  You are nothing but gasoline on a fire that has been smoldering for four years.

Go away.