Author Topic: Biden Coronavirus Task Force’s Osterholm: ‘We’re Going to See Hospitals Collapsing in the Next Two t  (Read 819 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Coronavirus Task Force’s Osterholm: ‘We’re Going to See Hospitals Collapsing in the Next Two to Three Weeks’

Trent Baker 19 Nov 2020

Dr. Michael Osterholm, a member of former Vice President Joe Biden’s coronavirus task force, predicted on Thursday that hospitals will be “collapsing in the next two to three weeks” due to spikes in coronavirus cases across the country.

As many push the President Donald Trump administration to provide information regarding coronavirus cases to the Biden transition team, Osterholm emphasized the importance of someone in his position knowing “current information on the number of cases.”

“[F]or individuals such as myself, we’re not having those discussions, which is limiting us in terms of the information that we learn, the information that we share,” Osterholm told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “I think right now we all have to understand that we need current information on the number of cases. I think that the White House task force report issued yesterday or at least was made public yesterday is right on the mark. We are really in a crisis stage. We have to be discussing what can we do, what do we do. You know, it’s not just enough to help Americans understand you don’t want to swap air — how do you incentivize them, how do you help them realize that this what they want to do.”

“We need somebody to say this is what’s happening, this is how bad it is,” he advised. “We’re going to see hospitals collapsing in the next two to three weeks. And this is what we’ve got to do to address that. And just remember one thing, for the next three weeks the cases are already in pipeline. The people who are infected this morning will be the cases of next week in the hospital, a few days after that, and will be in the intensive care rooms and dying after that. So even if we did everything we could right now, we would still not turn this thing around for literally three to four more weeks.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/11/19/biden-coronavirus-task-forces-osterholm-were-going-to-see-hospitals-collapsing-in-the-next-two-to-three-weeks/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

A spokesman for a hospital near me breathlessly reported yesterday that the ICU is at 72% capacity!!! OMG, everyone panic!!

I thought they wanted the ICU to be occupied. It's how they make the big bucks. They sure don't make any money when it's empty. :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

:bsflag: The cases data is publicly available from multiple sources, updated daily if not more frequently. If Osterholm doesn't know this he is too freaking ignorant to have an intelligent conversation with Trump's people.

:bsflag: If Osterholm really has no idea about daily cases, etc., his hospitals collapsing in the next two to three weeks claim is Chicken-Little-Grade BS.

Maybe Biden and his campaign should have spent more time and energy learning all that Trump has been doing since very early January instead of concocting and propagating the LIE that Trump did nothing for two months and too little ever since.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Matt Couch  @RealMattCouch
REMINDER: The average age of death in the United States is 78...
The average age of death due to Covid-19... Also 78...
You're being played..
9:40 AM · Nov 20, 2020

Didn't Gropin' Joe turn 78 today?

Offline PeteS in CA

https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/10/biden-covid-adviser-said-hospitals-would-collapse-in-three-weeks-that-didnt-happen/

Biden COVID Adviser Said Hospitals Would ‘Collapse’ In Three Weeks. That Didn’t Happen

Just a few weeks ago, Dr. Michael Osterholm, an adviser to Democratic Nominee Joe Biden, falsely predicted that hospitals would be “collapsing” by early December.

“We need somebody to say this is what’s happening,” Osterholm said on MSNBC in mid-November. “This is how bad it is, we’re going to see hospitals collapsing in the next two to three weeks, and this is what we’ve got to do to address that.”

“Just remember one thing for the next three weeks,” he continued. “The cases are already in the pipeline, but people who are infected this morning, will be the cases of next week in the hospital, and few days after that will be in the intensive care rooms and dying.”
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The NY times is stating that ICU beds across the country are at near capacity.  I looked up the ICU capacity of hospitals in FL and  the 4 most populated counties are a little lower than appx. 50% capacity.  Many counties are below 50% capacity and some around 25% capacity.  No data to indicate whether or not these are all COVID related.  Granted our tourist season and flu season is just beginning ... but I think the NY times and Biden's task force statement just might be exaggerating a bit.

Wasn't the whole idea of a shutdown anyways was to keep the numbers down so that hospitals could prepare for a COVID surge?? 

Trump proved that the Army Corps of Engineers could convert space into COVID ICU spaces in a very short period of time. Gee, remember the medical ship that was sent into NY and was barely used?

How much of their b.s. does the MSM think that we're gong to continue to believe?  I don't believe anything coming from them, the CDC, the Who or Fauci or whatever jackalope Biden's going to assign to this issue.

Now, that Sloe Joe's getting ready to take the helm; God help us all!!

https://covidactnow.org/us/florida-fl?s=1429395
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

How much of their b.s. does the MSM think that we're gong to continue to believe?  I don't believe anything coming from them, the CDC, the Who or Fauci or whatever jackalope Biden's going to assign to this issue.
I don't believe anything about this Wuhan flu, not the number of cases, not the number of Covid deaths, not the toll on our "frontline" healthcare workers, none of it. Not one bit. Why should any of us believe them now?

Offline PeteS in CA

The NY times is stating that ICU beds across the country are at near capacity.  I looked up the ICU capacity of hospitals in FL and  the 4 most populated counties are a little lower than appx. 50% capacity.  Many counties are below 50% capacity and some around 25% capacity.  No data to indicate whether or not these are all COVID related.  Granted our tourist season and flu season is just beginning ... but I think the NY times and Biden's task force statement just might be exaggerating a bit.  1

Wasn't the whole idea of a shutdown anyways was to keep the numbers down so that hospitals could prepare for a COVID surge??  2
Now, that Sloe Joe's getting ready to take the helm; God help us all!! 3

1 In the context of an article about Goobernor Noisome's shutdown which became most stringent for areas whose ICUs reached 90% capacity, the article noted that many ICUs reach 90% at the height of flu season every year. So that 90% number is a sham pretext for tyrannous shutdown.

2 Yes, Bait and Switch.

3 I'm not one to fear a lot in ordinary life, but I do border on fear of Biden's and his incompetents' capacity to screw up Trump's OWS distribution.

Offline Victoria33

We have over 3,000 deaths from the virus every day.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

It's hard to believe the accuracy of the number of deaths when some of the deaths that aren't COVID related are mixed into those figures.

Yes I believe COVID should be taken seriously, but so should cardiovascular disease, diabetes, the flu, high blood pressure, etc.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
From the virus or people who died from other causes but tested positive for covid so were put in the covid death column? I doubt that the practice changed one iota from when Medicaire started paying extra for covid diagnosed patients.

Offline mountaineer

I know of a man who crashed his motorcycle and died - and the death certificate said Covid 19. I don't believe the numbers being reported.

Offline PeteS in CA

So, have hospitals collapsed? The claim they would do so within 2-3 weeks was the topic of this thread.

Offline mountaineer

We seem to have concluded that the claim about hospitals is as unbelievable as all the other covid-related news.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

People die every day.   More than we know. From many things.  Slips and falls. Cancer. Aids. Murder. Dumbassery.  So Vicky, tell us something that really makes a damn bit of difference.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

People die every day.   More than we know. From many things.  Slips and falls. Cancer. Aids. Murder. Dumbassery.  So Vicky, tell us something that really makes a damn bit of difference.

Snark aside, Covid-19 does not seem to have caused a significantly above average number of deaths in the US, maybe not even a slightly above average number of deaths. I don't know how to say this in a way that does not sound callous and cold-hearted, but that means that many "Covid Deaths" were people who would have died in 2020 anyway due to pre-existing conditions. It's more complex than just that, but that is a sad truth tyrannous pols and bureaucrats and their MSM shills are keeping buried.

Offline skeeter

:bsflag: The cases data is publicly available from multiple sources, updated daily if not more frequently. If Osterholm doesn't know this he is too freaking ignorant to have an intelligent conversation with Trump's people.

:bsflag: If Osterholm really has no idea about daily cases, etc., his hospitals collapsing in the next two to three weeks claim is Chicken-Little-Grade BS.

Maybe Biden and his campaign should have spent more time and energy learning all that Trump has been doing since very early January instead of concocting and propagating the LIE that Trump did nothing for two months and too little ever since.

“The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.” HL Mencken

Offline mountaineer

Snark aside, Covid-19 does not seem to have caused a significantly above average number of deaths in the US, maybe not even a slightly above average number of deaths. I don't know how to say this in a way that does not sound callous and cold-hearted, but that means that many "Covid Deaths" were people who would have died in 2020 anyway due to pre-existing conditions. It's more complex than just that, but that is a sad truth tyrannous pols and bureaucrats and their MSM shills are keeping buried.
Exactly the conclusion I've reached, after reviewing the statistics. Bottom line, people's lives and the economy have been destroyed for no reason.

Online andy58-in-nh

Progressives thrive upon and expand their power by means of generating chaos, and then by pretending to provide solutions to it.

That is why they never let a crisis go to waste, and if the crisis at hand proves insufficient to the task, they either exaggerate its scope, or create new ones.

Do not mistake their purpose: today's Progressives do not mean to govern - they mean to rule.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn