General Category > Elections 2020

Arizona: Legal Updates

<< < (50/84) > >>

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on June 22, 2021, 04:07:03 pm ---AZ Audit Reviewing Thousands of Ballots Where Machines Did Not Detect Vote for President, Audit Liaison Says
June 22, 2021
Written by Martin Walsh

Many have been arguing for months that the election audit in Maricopa County, Arizona, could pave the way for many other states to follow.

Now, we have another big update.

Ken Bennett, Senate liaison to the Maricopa County, Arizona, election audit, revealed there are more than 33,000 ballots from November’s election where voters made no selection for president or at least no votes that were detected by the voting machines.

“There were over 33,000 undervotes,” Bennett told The Western Journal.

more
https://conservativebrief.com/reviewing-thousands-43367/

--- End quote ---
Sharpies?

DB:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 23, 2021, 03:10:53 am ---Sharpies?

--- End quote ---

Wasn't the issue with Sharpies that they bled through the paper making the other side difficult to read for the scanner? The color of the ink can be important too.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: DB on June 23, 2021, 03:48:45 pm ---Wasn't the issue with Sharpies that they bled through the paper making the other side difficult to read for the scanner? The color of the ink can be important too.

--- End quote ---
IIRC, the scanners would read marks made with ballpoint pens, but not those made with the sharpies.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 23, 2021, 05:08:58 pm ---IIRC, the scanners would read marks made with ballpoint pens, but not those made with the sharpies.

--- End quote ---

The ballots in AZ were changed a lot from the ones two years before.  "Filling in ovals" is not as good as connecting the two ends of an arrow.  I hate it.  We also have video voting stations that create a paper tape with codes to be fed into a tabulator, similar to a grocery store receipt.  I hate that too.

BTW, can you guess what kind of pen was used for the "connect the arrow" ballots in use until 2020?

Sharpies.

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on June 23, 2021, 05:35:55 pm ---The ballots in AZ were changed a lot from the ones two years before.  "Filling in ovals" is not as good as connecting the two ends of an arrow.  I hate it.  We also have video voting stations that create a paper tape with codes to be fed into a tabulator, similar to a grocery store receipt.  I hate that too.

BTW, can you guess what kind of pen was used for the "connect the arrow" ballots in use until 2020?

Sharpies.

--- End quote ---

It's technically feasible, not even hard, to provide the voter with some printed receipt that he could use to validate that his vote was tabulated and who he voted for. This could be done so that Only someone with the receipt could do this, and not even the operators of the server could. That none of these electronic voting companies, to my knowledge anyway, has ever publicly proposed such a feature tells me that there is no demand for this from the states. I have always found this puzzling. I mean why spend all this money on electronic vote tabulation without taking advantage of what the tech could provide in increased vote integrity and voter confidence. Instead we end up with something that's less secure than the paper ballot, finger-in-ink approach used in Iraq.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version