General Category > Elections 2020

Pennsylvania: Legal Updates

<< < (47/57) > >>

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on April 12, 2021, 04:15:41 pm ---The article enlightens neither question, and that's a shame because it would have added a lot to the story...

--- End quote ---

@Hoodat

I think it wouldn't matter. SCOTUS doesn't care.

mystery-ak:
Pennsylvania poised to begin Arizona-style election audit with subpoena power

by Daniel Chaitin, Deputy News Editor |
 | June 18, 2021 09:07 PM
 | Updated Jun 18, 2021, 10:11 PM

Pennsylvania appears to be on the precipice of initiating an Arizona-style audit of the 2020 election.

State Sen. David Argall, who heads a committee that oversees elections, told local news outlets he favors a forensic audit of the contest that state and federal officials insist was secure.

The Republican, under pressure by former President Donald Trump to take action, told the Capital-Star the audit is now a “very real possibility." The report said he is considering subpoenas for ballot information and which jurisdictions to send them.

“There are a lot of things under consideration right now, and I told them to check back in a week or two, and we hope to have some more detail,” he told the outlet after meeting with audit-supporting activists on Thursday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pennsylvania-arizona-style-election-audit-subpoena-power

Bigun:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on June 19, 2021, 01:37:11 pm ---Pennsylvania poised to begin Arizona-style election audit with subpoena power

by Daniel Chaitin, Deputy News Editor |
 | June 18, 2021 09:07 PM
 | Updated Jun 18, 2021, 10:11 PM

Pennsylvania appears to be on the precipice of initiating an Arizona-style audit of the 2020 election.

State Sen. David Argall, who heads a committee that oversees elections, told local news outlets he favors a forensic audit of the contest that state and federal officials insist was secure.

The Republican, under pressure by former President Donald Trump to take action, told the Capital-Star the audit is now a “very real possibility." The report said he is considering subpoenas for ballot information and which jurisdictions to send them.

“There are a lot of things under consideration right now, and I told them to check back in a week or two, and we hope to have some more detail,” he told the outlet after meeting with audit-supporting activists on Thursday.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pennsylvania-arizona-style-election-audit-subpoena-power

--- End quote ---

Time For A Reckoning In Pennsylvania

by Charles "Sam" Faddis June 23, 2021

Essential Truths

There is a lot of disinformation floating around about Pennsylvania, audits, and the fight for election integrity in the Keystone State. Almost every day I read an article suggesting that Pennsylvania is about to follow Arizona down the road of really digging into what happened in the November 2020 elections. That is not anywhere close to true. Here is the ground truth from the Keystone State.

1. Pennsylvania moved to no excuse mail-in voting in 2020 pursuant to a vote of the legislature. That legislature was then and is now controlled by the Republican Party. Subsequent interpretations of the new law by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and Secretary of State made the new law, Act 77, worse in the sense of providing even more opportunities for electoral fraud, but the move to mail-in voting was made by Republican lawmakers.

2. The Pennsylvania GOP agreed to move to mail-in voting as part of a deal brokered with the Democratic Party in Pennsylvania. In exchange for GOP support for mail-in voting, the Democrats agreed to support ending straight-party voting, which until then had been possible in Pennsylvania elections. The Pennsylvania GOP wanted to end this practice because party leadership had concluded President Trump would be a drag on down-ballot GOP candidates. The powers that be in Harrisburg wanted to cut away the sitting President of the United States.

3. There is currently no serious effort underway in Harrisburg to repeal Act 77 and return the Commonwealth to in-person voting

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

And THAT is truly sad.

Seeking on the scene comments from @massadvj and others in Pennsylvania.

massadvj:
What I am hearing is that all eyes in Pennsylvania are on Arizona.  The Pennsylvania GOP is pretty much waiting to see what happens there before pulling the trigger on an audit here.  There are quite a few GOP legislators pushing for an audit, but there will not be a consensus on it until the Maricopa results are in.  If the Maricopa County audit reveals some funny business I think there will be some action here.  Otherwise no.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: massadvj on July 01, 2021, 12:30:28 am ---What I am hearing is that all eyes in Pennsylvania are on Arizona.  The Pennsylvania GOP is pretty much waiting to see what happens there before pulling the trigger on an audit here.  There are quite a few GOP legislators pushing for an audit, but there will not be a consensus on it until the Maricopa results are in.  If the Maricopa County audit reveals some funny business I think there will be some action here.  Otherwise no.

--- End quote ---

Yup.  This one down here is for all the marbles.  Blow it, and we all lose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version