Author Topic: Sam Harris: Censoring The Post’s Hunter Biden exposés ‘warranted’ to beat Trump  (Read 1629 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Sam Harris: Censoring The Post’s Hunter Biden exposés ‘warranted’ to beat Trump
By Lee Brown

Best-selling author Sam Harris has sparked outrage by claiming the “left-wing conspiracy” to bury The Post’s reporting on Hunter Biden’s laptop was “warranted” to keep former President Donald Trump out of power — and Harris wouldn’t even care if the cracked-out first son had “the corpses of children in his basement.”

In a now-viral interview on the “TRIGGERnometry” podcast, Harris, 55, happily dismissed those who said it was “completely unfair” to have shut down The Post’s Twitter account to silence its explosive reporting.

The influential philosopher noted how critics called it “a left-wing conspiracy to deny the presidency to Donald Trump.”

“Absolutely it was. Absolutely. But I think it was warranted,” the “Waking Up” author claimed.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/19/sam-harris-defends-silencing-the-post-on-hunter-biden/

Offline cato potatoe

I have some respect for Sam, but his lack of self awareness here is astounding.  He's saying the ends justify the means.  Where does it stop, exactly?  If one half of the country proves themselves to be unreliable as partners in a republic, you aren't going to have a republic for long.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Me thinks Sam is a commie dodohead.... and you have have heard it before, I don't even like Trump, but DT was done wrong (understatement).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

If the press is willing to suppress a story to hurt a candidate, in this case Trump, what kind of reporting should we the people expect from the press to prop up Biden?

This is why trust in the press is at crisis level
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

If the press is willing to suppress a story to hurt a candidate, in this case Trump, what kind of reporting should we the people expect from the press to prop up Biden?

This is why trust in the press is at crisis level

:thumbsup: