General Category > Elections 2020

Georgia: Legal Updates

<< < (144/147) > >>

Bigun:
Lawsuit Uncovers How Raffensperger Tried To Memory-Hole The Election Law Trump’s Georgia Call Was About

Election integrity advocates recently had a very important win when a federal district court ruled that challenging the eligibility of thousands of voters in Georgia did not constitute “voter intimidation.”

Back in 2020, True the Vote, Derek Somerville and I, and three other activists were all sued by Stacey Abrams’ Fair Fight organization for allegedly violating the Prohibited Acts section of the Voting Rights Act. We had independently organized two different sets of challenges to voters with residency issues ahead of Georgia’s 2021 U.S. Senate runoff. True the Vote’s challenges were broader in scope than the challenges Derek and I had coordinated, which were narrowly focused on voters who appeared to have already cast ballots with residency issues in the 2020 general election.

When the judge ruled in favor of all the defendants in the case and found that there had “not been any violation of Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act by any of the named Defendants,” we got to experience “the thrill of victory,” and Fair Fight got to experience “the agony of defeat,” which was well deserved for dragging our good names through the mud for three solid years.

While it certainly felt great to finally be exonerated, what exactly did we “win”? We may have bloodied the noses of the schoolyard bullies, but other than walking away satisfied and knowing that they may think twice before coming after us again, what was the point of it all?  ...

More at headline link

Hoodat:
From @Bigun 's article:

--- Quote ---Well, now I know. So let me tell you the story of “Exhibit 61.”

In May 2021, I gave nearly 35,000 voter records to our secretary of state for an investigation into votes cast in the 2020 general election with residency issues, which his office had already agreed to open. The analysis of the voter data I had done on or about Nov. 25, 2020, indicated those voters had filed changes of address to an address in a different county more than 30 days before the election, but they had apparently failed to re-register there and wound up casting ballots in their previous counties.

When they did so, if they knowingly lied about where they lived, that would have arguably been a felony violation of Georgia Code § 21-2-562. Some of those voters may have filed those permanent changes of address for what was really a temporary relocation, but certainly not all of them.

Following that election, more than a third of those voters finally got around to updating their driver’s licenses and/or voter registrations to the exact same addresses they told the U.S. Postal Service they were moving to well before the election. When they did so, they basically provided corroborating evidence that the change of address information they gave the USPS was accurate.

In July, WSB-TV Atlanta decided to do a story on all this after an article about it was published by The Federalist. WSB-TV filed an open records request with the secretary of state, got a copy of the data, and went out to interview some of those voters.

One voter candidly admitted he’d moved from Fulton to DeKalb but went back and voted in Fulton. Another was seemingly indignant and vehemently insisted that although he had indeed moved from Gwinnett to Fulton, he voted with a Fulton County ballot and put it in a Fulton County drop box. Yet the absentee data and the vote history trailers both indicated he voted in his old county. Part of me wished Channel 2 hadn’t put those voters on the spot like that, but the rest of me wished they had interviewed a hundred more people on the list!

--- End quote ---

That is 35,000 illegal votes on this one statute alone - 35,000 felonies.  And people still want to claim that there is no proof of wrongdoing?

So what did Raffensperger's office do about it?  They removed the wording from the Voter website reminding Georgians what the law says.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Bigun on January 20, 2024, 04:19:53 pm ---Lawsuit Uncovers How Raffensperger Tried To Memory-Hole The Election Law Trump’s Georgia Call Was About

Election integrity advocates recently had a very important win when a federal district court ruled that challenging the eligibility of thousands of voters in Georgia did not constitute “voter intimidation.”

Back in 2020, True the Vote, Derek Somerville and I, and three other activists were all sued by Stacey Abrams’ Fair Fight organization for allegedly violating the Prohibited Acts section of the Voting Rights Act. We had independently organized two different sets of challenges to voters with residency issues ahead of Georgia’s 2021 U.S. Senate runoff. True the Vote’s challenges were broader in scope than the challenges Derek and I had coordinated, which were narrowly focused on voters who appeared to have already cast ballots with residency issues in the 2020 general election.

When the judge ruled in favor of all the defendants in the case and found that there had “not been any violation of Section 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act by any of the named Defendants,” we got to experience “the thrill of victory,” and Fair Fight got to experience “the agony of defeat,” which was well deserved for dragging our good names through the mud for three solid years.

While it certainly felt great to finally be exonerated, what exactly did we “win”? We may have bloodied the noses of the schoolyard bullies, but other than walking away satisfied and knowing that they may think twice before coming after us again, what was the point of it all?  ...

More at headline link

--- End quote ---

@Bigun

PLEASE tell me the judge awarded you damages that paid for your legal and any other associated expenses,plus maybe a little extra for your troubles and time.

Hoodat:
'True the Vote' - doing the job that Trump wouldn't do.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Jack Russell on January 21, 2024, 12:12:08 am ---So did the 35,000 voters vote in BOTH counties?  It's not clear, at least to me. @Hoodat

--- End quote ---

No.  It is that they voted in the wrong county in violation of State law.  There votes were illegal and should not have been counted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version