Author Topic: Georgia: Legal Updates  (Read 80638 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Georgia: Legal Updates
« Reply #575 on: June 22, 2021, 11:17:26 pm »
While cleaning them immediately before seems harmless, because the names being purged should not be on the voter rolls anyway.

What am I not seeing here?
There will be claims that voters are being disenfranchised.

Doesn't matter if they don't live there or are dead.

Only one mistake, and it'll be national news.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2021, 12:18:21 am »
That seems counter-intuitive to me.  Why is this?

Because people who have been inactive for years will get interested for an "important election" and want to vote. My friend the County Recorder would be inundated with phone calls and threats of lawsuits if they are suddenly ineligible to cast a vote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2021, 12:24:52 am »
Because people who have been inactive for years will get interested for an "important election" and want to vote. My friend the County Recorder would be inundated with phone calls and threats of lawsuits if they are suddenly ineligible to cast a vote.

But wouldn't they have to re-register anyway if they've been inactive?  I guess I can't get past the idea that the only names purged are names *no longer eligible to vote* for any number of reasons.

And if they had actually been purged right after the prior election, why would that be any different when they suddenly decide they want to vote in the "important" upcoming election?  Wouldn't the County Recorder be getting all the same irate phone calls and threats?

I'm not questioning that your explanation is the true explanation, I certainly believe you.  I'm questioning whether it's valid thinking.
James 1:20

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2021, 12:29:13 am »
But wouldn't they have to re-register anyway if they've been inactive?  I guess I can't get past the idea that the only names purged are names *no longer eligible to vote* for any number of reasons.

And if they had actually been purged right after the prior election, why would that be any different when they suddenly decide they want to vote in the "important" upcoming election?  Wouldn't the County Recorder be getting all the same irate phone calls and threats?

I'm not questioning that your explanation is the true explanation, I certainly believe you.  I'm questioning whether it's valid thinking.

By the time they realize they're off the list, it's too late to re-register. This is true gor states th hat have a Registration deadline 30 days prior to the election.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2021, 12:41:37 am »
By the time they realize they're off the list, it's too late to re-register. This is true gor states th hat have a Registration deadline 30 days prior to the election.
They could get around that by mailing out a warning postcard to the same address they would send the election info a few months prior to the election.

It could easily be done were there the will to do so.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #580 on: June 23, 2021, 12:48:10 am »

I don't follow that logic completely, but I suppose as long as the voter list is purged of ineligibles at least once between each pair of consecutive elections, it should all work out correctly.  That assumes that eligibility dates are tied to election dates.

So a valid response to Trump's question would be that the voter rolls *were* cleaned up before the last election, and this clean up is for the next election.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #581 on: June 23, 2021, 01:00:50 am »
They could get around that by mailing out a warning postcard to the same address they would send the election info a few months prior to the election.

It could easily be done were there the will to do so.

We do that in our County. Mails, phone calls, etc.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #582 on: June 23, 2021, 01:03:47 am »
I don't follow that logic completely, but I suppose as long as the voter list is purged of ineligibles at least once between each pair of consecutive elections, it should all work out correctly.  That assumes that eligibility dates are tied to election dates.

So a valid response to Trump's question would be that the voter rolls *were* cleaned up before the last election, and this clean up is for the next election.

Exactly. And that is precisely the answer he's getting from the States I'm sure.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #583 on: June 23, 2021, 01:41:56 am »
While cleaning them immediately before seems harmless, because the names being purged should not be on the voter rolls anyway.

What am I not seeing here?

I was illegitimately disenfranchised this election - Because my residence did not match my mailing address - And I was left with no recourse... By the time I found out something was wrong, I had no time to fix it.

That would be a reason not to mess with it before an election...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #584 on: June 23, 2021, 01:44:37 am »

Yahbutt.... 100k.... That seems large for a semi-annual norm.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #585 on: June 23, 2021, 01:54:48 am »
I was illegitimately disenfranchised this election - Because my residence did not match my mailing address - And I was left with no recourse... By the time I found out something was wrong, I had no time to fix it.

That would be a reason not to mess with it before an election...

Seems like a good example that between-consecutive-election purging should happen with plenty of time remaining for people to register. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2021, 01:58:22 am »
Seems like a good example that between-consecutive-election purging should happen with plenty of time remaining for people to register.

I would have no objection to that. Or at least notification. I had no idea I'd been scrubbed.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #587 on: June 23, 2021, 02:05:49 am »
I think States do the purges after elections.  Laws govern these actions, although they are often followed in the breach.
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@libertybele

No, Cyber, there is a set, by law, way to keep voter lists current.  This is how it is done in Texas and other states have something similar:

People on the voter list get a new voter card every two years. If the card comes back as "undeliverable", a notation is done on that name.  The next time cards are sent out, it that card comes back again as "undeliverable", the name is put on a "suspension" list.  The next time if the card comes back as "undeliverable" the name is removed from the voter list.  I am not going to look up that law and may have gotten the number of times the card comes back wrong, before it is removed, but you get the idea this is the type system that is used.

If persons working elections knew the rules, which are the laws, voting would be done correctly.  The problem is, it seems, VERY FEW PEOPLE bother to have the law book and read the rules how to do a certain voting job.  I went to Texas counties and taught the Texas Election Code law book to Republicans and those people had never seen one. I feel sure every state is like this so no wonder elections are "screwed up" and always will be. 

You have to know the rules to win a game and if you play the election game, the rules are in the law book.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:07:33 am by Victoria33 »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #588 on: June 23, 2021, 04:19:26 am »
You have to know the rules to win a game and if you play the election game, the rules are in the law book.

Knowing the rules doesn't mean Jack when the rules are ignored.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2021, 05:39:21 am »
Knowing the rules doesn't mean Jack when the rules are ignored.

One side plays by the rules, the other doesn't. Guess who wins in that situation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2021, 02:22:39 pm »
One side plays by the rules, the other doesn't. Guess who wins in that situation.

@BassWrangler

The side that controls the White House and signs the spending bills.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #591 on: June 29, 2021, 02:12:57 pm »
GA State Senator: ‘I Think We Can Ask For Our 16 Electoral College Votes Back And Park Em Here’

https://rumble.com/embed/vgkdfn/?pub=4

https://conservativebrief.com/can-ask-for-43894/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #592 on: June 30, 2021, 12:06:30 am »
Brandon Beach is a good man.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #593 on: July 01, 2021, 05:19:35 pm »
Georgia secretary of state says he wants Fulton County elections taken over by state

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/georgia-secretary-state-says-he-wants-fulton-county-elections-taken-over

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger told Just the News on Wednesday that he wants Fulton County elections taken over by the state under a new law that addresses localities with habitual problems counting ballots, dramatically escalating his battle with the state's largest urban center in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

"I think people are saying, enough is enough," Raffensperger said in a podcast interview in which he discussed using the new election integrity law known as Senate Bill 202 to have the State Elections Board take over the Atlanta-area election counting in time for the 2022 elections.

Didn't he arrogantly claim in November, 2020 that there was no fraud in GA's election? Quite a reversal! Raffensperger's got some 'splainin' to do! And apologizing!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #594 on: July 01, 2021, 05:46:58 pm »
Didn't he arrogantly claim in November, 2020 that there was no fraud in GA's election? Quite a reversal! Raffensperger's got some 'splainin' to do! And apologizing!

What good is a new law going to do when Raffensperger refuses to abide by the current one?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

« Reply #595 on: July 01, 2021, 07:01:17 pm »
Georgia secretary of state says he wants Fulton County elections taken over by state

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/georgia-secretary-state-says-he-wants-fulton-county-elections-taken-over

Online Hoodat

« Reply #596 on: July 04, 2021, 12:07:50 am »
Georgia Conducting Secret 2020 Ballot Review -- Keeping Plaintiffs in the Dark

Paul Sperry   |   June 22, 2021

After several Fulton County, Ga., poll monitors testified last year that boxes of mail-in ballots for Joe Biden looked liked they’d been run through a photocopy machine, state investigators quietly broke the seal on one suspicious box and inspected the hundreds of votes it contained for signs of fraud, RealClearInvestigations has learned exclusively.

At the same time, a key whistleblower told RCI that state investigators pressured her to recant her story about what she and other poll monitors had observed -- what they called unusually “pristine” mail-in ballots while sorting through them during last November’s hand recount.

“I felt I was under investigation,” said Suzi Voyles, a longtime Fulton County poll manager whose sworn affidavits have been used by election watchdogs to sue the county for access to the ballots in question.

Although the ballots are at the center of disputes about the Georgia presidential race, which Joe Biden won by just 12,000 votes, the state never disclosed its probe to the public or to election watchdogs suing to inspect the ballots.

State officials also neglected to inform the judge hearing the lawsuit that they were conducting such an inspection, even though the judge had issued a protective order over the ballots in January. In a nine-page amicus brief recently filed in the case, attorneys for the office of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger urged Superior Court Judge Brian Amero to deny petitioners’ requests to inspect the ballots, calling them a “fishing expedition.”  .  .  .

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/06/22/georgia_conducting_secret_20_ballot_review_-_keeping_plaintiffs_in_the_dark_782204.html

So with a civil case ongoing, the Secretary of State denies plaintiff access to the ballots while at the same time secretly giving his office accesses the ballots.  These ballots are under court seal.  Can you say 'evidence tampering'?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #597 on: July 09, 2021, 12:52:34 pm »
New Evidence Indicates Enough Illegal Votes In Georgia To Tip 2020 Results
In Georgia, there was both an audit and a statewide recount confirming Biden’s victory, but ignored in the process was evidence that nearly 35,000 Georgians had potentially voted illegally.
By Margot Cleveland
July 9, 2021
New evidence indicates that more than 10,300 illegal votes were cast in Georgia in the November 2020 general election — a number that will continue to rise over the next several months, potentially exceeding the 12,670 votes that separated Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

While this evidence does not change the fact that Joe Biden is our president, all Americans who genuinely care about free and fair elections and the disenfranchisement of voters should demand both transparency and solutions to prevent a repeat in future elections. This evidence also vindicates former President Trump and his legal team for the related public (and private) comments and legal arguments made in challenging the Georgia election results.

Under the cover of COVID-19, Georgia, like many other states, flooded residents with absentee ballot applications. Also like sister states, Georgia ignored various legislative mandates designed to prevent fraud and to ensure the integrity of the vote. These facts, coupled with the closeness of the presidential contest in Georgia and other states, led to a flurry of accusations and litigation charging vote fraud, illegal voting, and violations of the Elector’s Clause of the constitution. ...
The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #598 on: July 09, 2021, 11:26:55 pm »
New Evidence Indicates Enough Illegal Votes In Georgia To Tip 2020 Results

The old evidence indicated that, too.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #599 on: July 12, 2021, 03:29:27 pm »
Arizona State Senator: Georgia Has Proof of Somebody Admitting to Running Ballots Through Numerous Times
https://conservativebrief.com/senator-has-proof-45011/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34