Author Topic: Michigan: Legal Updates  (Read 34152 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Michigan: Legal Updates
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2020, 05:40:44 am »
Who did? And why would US Army be involved at all?
Why not? SEALs have worked with GSG-9 on international counter-terrorism cases. This has as much import, potentially, as any terrorist attack, perhaps even more, and Trump trusts the Army.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2020, 05:47:03 am »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2020, 05:56:54 am »
Why not? SEALs have worked with GSG-9 on international counter-terrorism cases. This has as much import, potentially, as any terrorist attack, perhaps even more, and Trump trusts the Army.

Right... I get that... But my understanding was served warrants and LEO type setting... not a strike.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2020, 06:29:08 am »
Right... I get that... But my understanding was served warrants and LEO type setting... not a strike.
Germany has different rules, iirc. No one wants to take a chance on shooting up the equipment, nor giving anyone an opportunity to destroy it. Tier one operators as a tactical team would overwhelm the facility and seize the goods before most more ordinary folks knew what had happened. These aren't jihadis willing to die for 72 virgins, 'the cause' just doesn't pay that well. The idea is to have both the machines and the 'staff' under control.  Then send in the warrants and LEOs after the goods are secured and give the LEOs credit to keep pols from griping, rather than the consulting forces in the joint action.  It's still a 'police action', with tactical consultants.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2020, 01:53:52 pm »
Germany has different rules, iirc. No one wants to take a chance on shooting up the equipment, nor giving anyone an opportunity to destroy it. Tier one operators as a tactical team would overwhelm the facility and seize the goods before most more ordinary folks knew what had happened. These aren't jihadis willing to die for 72 virgins, 'the cause' just doesn't pay that well. The idea is to have both the machines and the 'staff' under control.  Then send in the warrants and LEOs after the goods are secured and give the LEOs credit to keep pols from griping, rather than the consulting forces in the joint action.  It's still a 'police action', with tactical consultants.

Then again, it could just be someone blowin smoke up my @$$.  I really don't KNOW anything other than that the tweets I posted are genuine.

And this article is out today.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 02:33:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2020, 02:24:09 pm »
@skeeter   @Bigun   @Right_in_Virginia   @Mesaclone  @Smokin Joe @roamer_1

I'm at the end of my wits on this entire matter.

We're finding out that the U.S. Military in the Pentagon straight out LIED to POTUS about the number of existing troops in Syria?

Now, add a 'theory' that some military black-ops raided a foreign location to get literal possession of the server used to fix said Election?

For chrissakes, wouldn't it be much easier if they simply assassinated POTUS, rather than go through all this...rig the Election?

Texas Book Depository... a MAGA rally.  "At this point what difference does it make?" --- Hillary Clinton

Its called target fixation. I'm just hoping that somewhere along the line we see a little justice. Not much will do, just one or two scalps. Is that so much to ask?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2020, 03:00:03 pm »
Its called target fixation. I'm just hoping that somewhere along the line we see a little justice. Not much will do, just one or two scalps. Is that so much to ask?
In reality, the scalps taken for perfidy should carpet the National Mall.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2020, 03:01:36 pm »

Not going to happen, @skeeter

We've been in a 'HOT' Civil War with The Left, since Whitewater and Hanging Chads.

This entire "Let's Destroy Trump" exercise is born out of the goal to bury Obama and Clinton treason and high crimes.
She's on record saying..."If I go down, I'm taking half of Washington, D.C. with me"

'Misplacing' $6 BILLION from the Clinton State Department was never audited thoroughly, if at all.

It couldn't succeed without full complicity of the mainstream media complex, and foreign assistance from Britain (MI-6), Germany's Angela Merkel and the finances of the Nazi, George Soros.

Right down to the placing of sympathetic activist judges across the spectrum, they crossed every T and dotted the I's.

Seriously doubt that I will see the official end, but... OUR REPUBLIC IS LOST unless the "Guns behind every blade of grass" begin to overheat.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:03:09 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2020, 03:01:50 pm »
In reality, the scalps taken for perfidy should carpet the National Mall.

Were that to happen I would hop the next flight to DC for some sightseeing. And I'd leave my shoes at home.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2020, 03:06:45 pm »
Not going to happen, @skeeter

We've been in a 'HOT' Civil War with The Left, since Whitewater and Hanging Chads.

This entire "Let's Destroy Trump" exercise is born out of the goal to bury Obama and Clinton treason and high crimes.

'Misplacing' $6 BILLION from the Clinton State Department was never audited thoroughly, if at all.

It couldn't succeed without full complicity of the mainstream media complex, and foreign assistance from Britain (MI-6), Germany's Angela Merkel and the finances of the Nazi, George Soros.

Right down to the placing of sympathetic activist judges across the spectrum, they crossed every T and dotted the I's.

Seriously doubt that I will see the official end, but... OUR REPUBLIC IS LOST unless the "Guns behind every blade of grass" begin to overheat.
I cannot argue with any of that. It has always been an article of faith that corruption could be found in Washington. But I had no idea how inculcated in our institutions it has become. Corruption defines them.

Its all an inside joke and we're the patsies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2020, 03:21:34 pm »

Neither was the trillion misplaced by Dubya.

No. The fault is on those that were supposed to guard the walls, the ones that let it happen.
The Republicans have held all three houses, and never did a thing.
No serious accounting.
No rooting out of activists (or if I am to believe others, never set up their own 'deep state' in opposition. Why are there no Republicans in the administration positioned in FBI, CIA, DOD, HS?
No attempts to bend education away from indoctrination.
No relief from grant money going toward liberal minded sciences.

The fault is on those who were supposed to stand and guard, and ultimately those who elected them...
Liberals are winning because they have no opposition.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2020, 03:28:53 pm »
Neither was the trillion misplaced by Dubya.

No. The fault is on those that were supposed to guard the walls, the ones that let it happen.
The Republicans have held all three houses, and never did a thing.
No serious accounting.
No rooting out of activists (or if I am to believe others, never set up their own 'deep state' in opposition. Why are there no Republicans in the administration positioned in FBI, CIA, DOD, HS?
No attempts to bend education away from indoctrination.
No relief from grant money going toward liberal minded sciences.

The fault is on those who were supposed to stand and guard, and ultimately those who elected them...
Liberals are winning because they have no opposition.

Perfidy (especially for profit) is not confined by Party lines.

It is a sad day when the greatest hope the Republic has is something out of a Tom Clancy Novel.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2020, 03:36:02 pm »
Perfidy (especially for profit) is not confined by Party lines.

That's right. The biggest obstacle to conservatism is the right, not the left.

It is a sad day when the greatest hope the Republic has is something out of a Tom Clancy Novel.

LOL! IKnowRight? with shades of Qanon...  :shrug: :thud:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2020, 03:45:56 pm »

Executive Orders is still my favorite with an unelected Jack Ryan being sworn in as President right before a 747 slams into the Capitol killing over 90% of legislators and 7 of the 9 SCOTUS Justices.

The ONLY tool left remaining for this monstrosity our government has become is to cut off the money.  And the chief obstacle right now is the Fed with its penchant for creating out of thin air new money that doesn't exist.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2020, 03:52:49 pm »
Executive Orders is still my favorite with an unelected Jack Ryan being sworn in as President right before a 747 slams into the Capitol killing over 90% of legislators and 7 of the 9 SCOTUS Justices.

The ONLY tool left remaining for this monstrosity our government has become is to cut off the money.  And the chief obstacle right now is the Fed with its penchant for creating out of thin air new money that doesn't exist.

Now you are singing off my sheet of music @Hoodat

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2020, 04:13:59 pm »

Decades ago I said starve the beast. I was slow to realize that isn't possible. They spend regardless of collecting it in taxes or not. And that spending is taken out of our hides one way or another. And that spending is only accelerating. Their power is derived from that spending and it comes at the cost of crushing debt on the country as a whole. Some benefit short term while all will pay an extreme cost long term. Our destiny of economic ruin is set if we don't have the courage to stop doing this.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2020, 04:16:53 pm »
Decades ago I said starve the beast. I was slow to realize that isn't possible. They spend regardless of collecting it in taxes or not. And that spending is taken out of our hides one way or another. And that spending is only accelerating. Their power is derived from that spending and it comes at the cost of crushing debt on the country as a whole. Some benefit short term while all will pay an extreme cost long term. Our destiny of economic ruin is set if we don't have the courage to stop doing this.

Keep this up and we'll soon have a choir!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2020, 04:35:58 pm »
Prior to 2008, federal spending was limited to whatever dollars the Treasury could get its hands on.  In every year since 1957, the Treasury made up any shortfall by printing up bonds and exchanging them on an open market for existing dollars.  This was always achievable because the total amount was relatively low compared to the worldwide money supply of dollars and because of US trade deficits which put excess dollars in the hands of countries like Saudi Arabia and China.

Economics is defined by scarcity. Under its laws of supply and demand, interest rates set the demand.  When the Treasury's demand for dollars increased, bond rates were set higher in order to attract more 'investment' in Treasury bonds.  When the demand decreased, the Treasury had the ability to drop their rates.

All of this changed in late 2008.  Faced with an economic crisis (brought about purely by Democrat policies), the Federal Reserve was asked to 'create' $350 billion on their balance sheet and lend that money to the Treasury at some obscenely low interest rate.  (Supply and demand rules go out the window since the creation of new money out of thin air eliminates the law of scarcity), and the promise that another $350 billion would be forthcoming at the start of 2009.  The Treasury would then lend these amounts to huge corporations deemed "to large to fail" [sic].  The hidden purpose of all of this was to protect Goldman Sachs, but that is a different discussion.

Anyways, the point was that these companies needed the cash to survive, and would pay the money back to the Treasury once things stabilized (which almost all of them did).  But the cat was now out of the bag.  When the money was returned to the Treasury, the Treasury did not hand the money back over to the Fed, but instead used that money again to fund other government spending.  And every year since then, the Treasury has relied on the Fed to print up new money to fund its deficit spending.  The money supply gets bigger, and your purchasing power declines.

Anyone taking a basic macroeconomics class knows that with a fixed money supply, it is impossible for interest rates to be lower than the inflation rate.  Yet that is what we have today, proving that interest rates are not being set by the scarcity of money, but instead are arbitrarily being set by an entity with a virtually unlimited supply of money.

The greatest enemy we face today is our very own Congress refusing to balance the budget for the 63rd consecutive year.  And now we have a co-conspirator Fed who has removed the only disincentive that Congress had.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2020, 04:42:53 pm »
Prior to 2008, federal spending was limited to whatever dollars the Treasury could get its hands on.  In every year since 1957, the Treasury made up any shortfall by printing up bonds and exchanging them on an open market for existing dollars.  This was always achievable because the total amount was relatively low compared to the worldwide money supply of dollars and because of US trade deficits which put excess dollars in the hands of countries like Saudi Arabia and China.

Economics is defined by scarcity. Under its laws of supply and demand, interest rates set the demand.  When the Treasury's demand for dollars increased, bond rates were set higher in order to attract more 'investment' in Treasury bonds.  When the demand decreased, the Treasury had the ability to drop their rates.

All of this changed in late 2008.  Faced with an economic crisis (brought about purely by Democrat policies), the Federal Reserve was asked to 'create' $350 billion on their balance sheet and lend that money to the Treasury at some obscenely low interest rate.  (Supply and demand rules go out the window since the creation of new money out of thin air eliminates the law of scarcity), and the promise that another $350 billion would be forthcoming at the start of 2009.  The Treasury would then lend these amounts to huge corporations deemed "to large to fail" [sic].  The hidden purpose of all of this was to protect Goldman Sachs, but that is a different discussion.

Anyways, the point was that these companies needed the cash to survive, and would pay the money back to the Treasury once things stabilized (which almost all of them did).  But the cat was now out of the bag.  When the money was returned to the Treasury, the Treasury did not hand the money back over to the Fed, but instead used that money again to fund other government spending.  And every year since then, the Treasury has relied on the Fed to print up new money to fund its deficit spending.  The money supply gets bigger, and your purchasing power declines.

Anyone taking a basic macroeconomics class knows that with a fixed money supply, it is impossible for interest rates to be lower than the inflation rate.  Yet that is what we have today, proving that interest rates are not being set by the scarcity of money, but instead are arbitrarily being set by an entity with a virtually unlimited supply of money.

The greatest enemy we face today is our very own Congress refusing to balance the budget for the 63rd consecutive year.  And now we have a co-conspirator Fed who has removed the only disincentive that Congress had.

I mostly agree with that. The fake interest rates/inflation though started well before 2008. The whole housing bubble of 2004-2007 was driven by absurdly low interest rates, false inflation numbers and extremely loose credit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2020, 04:48:53 pm »
I mostly agree with that. The fake interest rates/inflation though started well before 2008. The whole housing bubble of 2004-2007 was driven by absurdly low interest rates, false inflation numbers and extremely loose credit.

Keep in mind that deficits were much lower, too.  In 2006, the GOP had reduced the deficit to $160 billion.  By 2009, it would be over ten times that.  But you are right about the Fed floating all that money, although there was a mechanism in place where that money would be paid back.  The Fed ended up floating the money, and then paying it out a second time by bailing out the lenders who made the bad loans.  They should have all been allowed to go bankrupt instead of bailing out incompetence.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2020, 05:00:09 pm »
You left out the part where those who control the purse strings are busy lining their own nests with the bits that fall off that truck.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2020, 05:05:16 pm »
If I had the ability to expunge only one year from our history it would be 1913!

I could post a LOT as to why but that is NOT what this thread is about and it has already strayed far afield.

“The economic decline of a society without property rights is followed by the loss of other values. It is only when we have a sufficiency of necessaries that we give thought to nonmaterial things, to what is called culture. On the other hand, we find we can do without books, or even moving pictures, when existence is at stake. Even more than that, we who have no right to own certainly have no right to give and charity becomes an empty word; in a socialistic order no one need give thought to an unfortunate neighbor because it is the duty of the government, the only property owner, to take care of him; it might even become a crime to give a "bum" a dime. When the denial of the right of the individual is negated through the denial of ownership, the sense of personal pride, which distinguishes man from beast, must decay from disuse.
The income tax is not only a tax; it is an instrument that has the potentiality of destroying a society of humans.”

― Frank Chodorov, The Income Tax: Root of All Evil
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:10:41 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2020, 05:05:55 pm »
If I had the ability to expunge only one year from our history it would be 1913!
Yep. That was another bad year.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2020, 08:41:27 pm »

To the Members of the Board of State Canvassers:

This board faces a stark choice: it can either ignore numerical anomalies and credible reports of procedural irregularities, leaving the distrust and sense of procedural disenfranchisement felt by many Michigan voters to fester for years; or it can adjourn for fourteen days to allow for a full audit and investigation into those anomalies and irregularities before certifying the results of the 2020 General Election, allowing all Michiganders to have confidence in the results. On behalf of the Republican National Committee (“RNC”) and Michigan Republican Party (“MRP”) , we encourage the Board to grant the request made by John James for Senate, Inc. (“James Campaign”) and adjourn for fourteen days to allow for a full, transparent audit of Wayne County’s 2020 General Election results.

We echo the concerns voiced by the James Campaign and Mr. James in their request and letter of November 20, 2020. The procedural and accounting irregularities identified by the James Campaign’s request are credible, deeply concerning, and threaten to undermine Michigander’s faith in the integrity of the November 2020 General Election. To simply gloss over those irregularities now without a thorough audit would only foster feelings of distrust among Michigan’s electorate. In light of the already unprecedented nature of this election—conducted largely by mail in the midst of an ongoing pandemic, it would be a grievous dereliction of this Board’s duty to the people of Michigan not to ensure that the irregularities identified by the James Campaign are thoroughly investigated by a full audit before certifying Wayne County’s results. As the James Campaign has adeptly explained, such an audit could be completed during a fourteen day adjournment of this Board, and neither that adjournment nor the audit of Wayne County’s results would impermissibly delay certification of the election results beyond the statutory deadline of December 7, 2020.

Election officials in other states have taken discretionary steps to ensure that their voters could have full faith in the integrity of their state’s results. In Georgia, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ordered a full, statewide audit by hand when confronted with reports of numerical anomalies, procedural errors, and alleged malfeasance despite not being required to do so by Georgia’s laws. Secretary Raffensperger noted that though he thought it was very unlikely that recount would overturn the state’s election results, there was no reason to hurry certification along without first ensuring that all reported procedural irregularities were fully examined. He explained, “With the margin being so close, it will require a full by-hand recount in each county. This will help build confidence. It will be an audit, a recount, and a recanvass all once; it will be a heavy lift, but we will work with the counties to get this done in time for our state certification.” Secretary Raffensperger took this discretionary decision to engage in a full hand recount despite Georgia law not necessarily requiring a full audit by statewide hand recount. See O.C.G.A. § 21-2-498 and SEB Rule 183-1-15-.04. Secretary Raffensperger made this decision in recognition of the imperative that if our government is to function with any legitimacy, voters must have full confidence in the integrity of an election’s result, regardless of whether their preferred candidate won. We encourage this Board to follow that example and order a full audit of Wayne County’s election results and receipts to ensure that Michiganders receive at least the same level of procedural safeguards as Georgians.

We are distressed by the comments of some public officials in Michigan casually dismissing the significant problems and irregularities seen in Wayne County. While those comments may be motivated by a desire to bolster confidence in the election results, its actual effect has been to make the over 2.6 million Trump and Republican voters in the state even more distrustful that Michigan’s election officials are ignoring their demands for free and fair elections. These issues cannot simply be ignored away or brushed under the rug, they must be confronted and thoroughly examined. We implore you to listen to the pleas of your voters and order the audit.

We are distressed by the comments of some public officials in Michigan casually dismissing the significant problems and irregularities seen in Wayne County. While those comments may be motivated by a desire to bolster confidence in the election results, its actual effect has been to make the over 2.6 million Trump and Republican voters in the state even more distrustful that Michigan’s election officials are ignoring their demands for free and fair elections. These issues cannot simply be ignored away or brushed under the rug, they must be confronted and thoroughly examined. We implore you to listen to the pleas of your voters and order the audit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2020, 08:56:22 pm »
Barnyard ruminants will fly before that happens.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: