Author Topic: Giuliani Wants Supreme Court to Decide Election  (Read 227 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani Wants Supreme Court to Decide Election
« on: November 17, 2020, 08:18:38 pm »
Jeffrey Rodack    |   Tuesday, 17 November 2020 01:48 PM

Rudy Giuliani, the attorney for President Donald Trump, said the campaign is prepared to lose election cases in an effort to throw the final decision on the presidential race to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Giuliani’s comments came during a Tuesday interview on Fox Business' "Mornings With Maria."

The Daily Mail reported that Giuliani was due to appear in court remotely on Tuesday in a case involving an attempt to have hundreds of thousands of mail-in ballots removed from the count in Pennsylvania.

“Frankly this is a case that we would like to get to the Supreme Court,” he said. “So we're prepared in some of these cases to lose and to appeal and to get it to the Supreme Court.

“You might remember in Bush v. Gore, the Bush campaign lost in the state of Florida because it was a Democratic court. You're not going to win every one of these ... but in some cases you win, some cases you lose.”

Trump has maintained he would “easily” be declared the victor in the race if just the “legal votes" were counted.Jeffrey Rodack    |   Tuesday, 17 November 2020 01:48 PM

more
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/rudy-giuliani-lawsuits/2020/11/17/id/997453/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Giuliani Wants Supreme Court to Decide Election
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 08:25:50 pm »
Giuliani wants voters to decide election.  Unfortunately, criminal election workers, ballot harvesters, and software hackers are deciding this one so far.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 08:45:25 pm »
I don’t believe Giuliani said he wants the Supreme Court to decide the election, but that it rule on lower court cases before it which alleged election fraud.

What’s to be done about a tainted election—wrong word, maybe spoiled, ruined, wreaked, invalidated works better—that’s up to the legislative bodies, state and federal.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 09:06:27 pm »
This case was just thrown out of court.
From the 5-2 opinion from the Pennsylvania Supreme Court:
"Critically, we find the Board’s regulations as applied herein were reasonable in that they allowed candidate representatives to observe the Board conducting its activities as prescribed under the Election Code."
https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Trump-campaign-lawsuit-over-Pennsylvania-vote-15732498.php

Your linked article is about Federal court, not Commonwealth court.  The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has no jurisdiction over the hearing of this case.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »
Sorry for the mix up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 09:10:42 pm »
I'm disappointed Newsmax would put a headline like this up.  It's the sort of thing I'd have expected from CNN.  And just when they were getting traction against Fox.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 09:13:56 pm »
I'm disappointed Newsmax would put a headline like this up.  It's the sort of thing I'd have expected from CNN.  And just when they were getting traction against Fox.   **nononono*

I never was a Newsmax fan precisely for that reason.  But OAN is working for me.  I've only seen them miss it once.