Author Topic: US SENATE APPROVES BILL TO UPGRADE ALWYN CASHE’S SILVER STAR TO THE MEDAL OF HONOR  (Read 332 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
By Joshua Skovlund | November 10, 2020

The US Senate unanimously passed HR 8276 legislation Tuesday night, authorizing President Donald Trump to posthumously upgrade Alwyn Cashe’s Silver Star to the Medal of Honor, according to Military.com. The bill now awaits the president’s signature to pass it into law.

Sgt. 1st Class Cashe, originally from Oviedo, Florida, was on a combat patrol in a Bradley Fighting Vehicle on Oct. 17, 2005, in Samarra, Iraq. A roadside improvised explosive device (IED) detonated, rupturing fuel lines in the Bradley and subsequently igniting a raging fire. Despite the overpressure of the blast and enemy gunfire raining down, Cashe was able to escape but proceeded to make three separate trips back into the burning vehicle.

Cashe’s uniform and equipment had become soaked in fuel when he escaped through the top after the initial explosion and ignited when he pulled his men from the burning Bradley. According to the Silver Star citation, Cashe sustained second- and third-degree burns over 72% of his body, and he saved the lives of six of his soldiers. He later died Nov. 8, 2005, at the Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, Texas.

HR 8276 was originally introduced into the House by Rep. Stephanie Murphy on Sept. 16, 2020. The bill is cosponsored by Rep. Dan Crenshaw and Rep. Michael Waltz, both US military veterans. It was unanimously passed by the House and moved over to the Senate on Sept. 23, 2020.

https://coffeeordie.com/senate-approves-medal-of-honor-alwyn-cashe/?fbclid=IwAR0RjEEkDvsj5X5vQfRPgDEIyFyy7k4E7N3GpfA09nJWjxgqU6luI9Gk_ME
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thank God! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Thank God!

It sure was a Long time coming. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It sure was a Long time coming.

Yes! Far too long if you ask me.  And still very few Americans know anything about him.  But they know plenty about Kim Kardasian!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien