Author Topic: Florida's DeSantis moves to allow citizens to shoot looters, rioters targeting businesses  (Read 606 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 :beer:

Liberal heads are a sploding!  They say that We value our property more than a persons life.  Nope, some people value our property more than their life!

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand the state’s Stand Your Ground law – a move that some worry would allow armed citizens to shoot and potentially kill anyone they suspect of looting.

DeSantis’ newest legislation comes in response to months of protesting that frequently lead to rioting this summer in Florida and across the U.S., following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/floridas-desantis-moves-to-allow-citizens-to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

For those Floridians about to protect your property.....  I salute you!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

DeSantis 2024!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Is this in line with the way the laws regarding self-defense and the protection of one's property work in Texas...?

If so... fine with me.

Will the Florida legislature go along with it...?

Offline goatprairie

It seems pretty clear from the govs. declaration that if you don't try to rob/destroy somebody's property, you probably won't get shot.
I would dearly have loved for the police to have shot some violent "protesters" i.e. thugs over the summer. Many of these thugs are just in it for the rioting and violence. The thugs Rittenhouse shot deserved what they got. It's a shame one of them only got wounded.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WHY is this even being questioned?

It is a form of self-defense to protect the property that provides you and your family with a safe place to live and/or an income.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

'Moves to ALLOW'???

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I approve.  The destruction by the Soros funded anarchists was extreme criminal behavior that warranted this very action.

Florida is smarter on crime than any of these idiot states that would allow these crimes to occur without any force to stop their criminal acts.

Offline verga

quote author=goatprairie link=topic=419636.msg2324352#msg2324352 date=1605137303]
It seems pretty clear from the govs. declaration that if you don't try to rob/destroy somebody's property, you probably won't get shot.
I would dearly have loved for the police to have shot some violent "protesters" i.e. thugs over the summer. Many of these thugs are just in it for the rioting and violence. The thugs Rittenhouse shot deserved what they got. It's a shame one of them only got wounded.
[/quote] :bingo: real simple, don't break the law, and you won't get shot/ arrested.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.