Author Topic: Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy  (Read 3682 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Farm boy? Well I knew there was something I liked about you...  :beer:

He better not start playing that Traktor Rap Crap they pass off as Country music these days.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

:beer: :beer:

I was never meant to "Be" the farmer (too scrawny), so I went into Tech so I could make some money....

But my heart was always "country."  That's one reason why I couldn't wait to get the heck out of Phoenix when I retired.  My "smallish" town has the right balance:  Isolation in a Castle in the foothills, with Docs and Hospitals a short drive away.  Most importantly, given a week's notice, I can get my beer replenished in the Castle Bar.

I am kinda in the same boat if I can hold on to the holler, except in that I am not looking for a castle, nor would I want one. Just a nice little homestead up out of the way of everybody. Close enough for me to town in case of need... I would love not coming down for months at a time. Even now, just  mile from town, I hardly ever go there.

:beer:

Online roamer_1

He better not start playing that Traktor Rap Crap they pass off as Country music these days.

Hick Hop? Not likely...  :silly: :tongue2:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hick Hop? Not likely...  :silly: :tongue2:

Never heard the term before.  But I approve of it!.. :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Not a chance in Hell, my Brother!   :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

This is exactly how I feel about the situation and I say piss on all those virtue signally asshats out there who try to shame people.  It ain't working on this guy so STFU.

Offline GrouchoTex

....Just two weeks to flatten the curve.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
....Just two weeks to flatten the curve.

It's "common core" math.  Two weeks = seven months.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

One of the fat rat Gov's (either Jelly Belly Pricster or Guido Cumo) They are saying If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving you will be alive to celebrate Christmas. I say If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving you might as well be bleeping dead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's half right.  I do love using a blow torch to sear my steak!  It's also my lack of love for that nasty white crap that falls from the sky between November and March Every.  Damned.  Year.  LOL!  My feet were always cold, and speaking of colds, mine would start in October and last until April.  Every year.

I cannot tell you how great I felt that first "year without a Winter."
November to March? What tropics were you living in?  :silly: :tongue2:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Osterholm, who serves as director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said earlier this week that the country is headed toward “Covid hell.” Cases are rising as more people grow tired of wearing masks and social distancing, suffering from so-called “pandemic fatigue,” he said Wednesday. Colder weather is also driving people indoors where the virus can spread more easily.

So locking them in is going to be healthier:pondering: **nononono*

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

It is incredulous isn't it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
A lot of folks who wanted to be rid of the President are going to be missing the man very soon.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Nutso, ain't it?   We should be encouraging restaurants and other businesses to stay open, with protocols.   It's a lot safer being at the diner in a controlled setting than congregating in groups with no controls whatsoever.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
November to March? What tropics were you living in?  :silly: :tongue2:

:mauslaff:
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nutso, ain't it?   We should be encouraging restaurants and other businesses to stay open, with protocols.   It's a lot safer being at the diner in a controlled setting than congregating in groups with no controls whatsoever.

6 mo. of Biden, his lockdown, and his economic crash may make me invest in DC area Pitch Fork Futures. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

THE DANGER OF LYING IN BED (Mark Twain)

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

The part of this story that should frighten everyone is how they plan to pay for this forced internment.

They want to dip into our 401K’s and our savings to fund this bullsh*t

Hmmm...how about no. If it comes to that, I'll withdraw my measly nest egg, take the tax hit and "loan" the proceeds to my own family.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Hmmm...how about no. If it comes to that, I'll withdraw my measly nest egg, take the tax hit and "loan" the proceeds to my own family.

I already did that, and applied it to a mortgage-free Castle in the foothills.
I will NOT comply.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Cyber Liberty

This country did not stay shut down long enough.  England goes by the number in hospitals.  If hospital patient numbers reach a certain number, they will shut down the country and that is what is happening now.  They are shut down until Dec. 2.
And will remain locked down all winter, and into spring, if that's how you're going to measure things.

The areas with the hardest lockdowns tend to be the areas that are seeing the biggest spikes now. Michigan, with tyrannical Gretchen Whitmer at the helm, has one of the highest rates per capita AND one of the fastest rates of increase.

Lockdowns don't work. Mask mandates don't work—the masks themselves may help in select circumstances but are no panacea. Really, there's nothing in our power that we can do to stop an airborne virus from blowing in.

But the fact that we allowed the virus to spread in the summer, where sunlight could corrupt its RNA and the boost in vitamin D helped immune systems, have put the U.S.A. in a better position.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline berdie

I already did that, and applied it to a mortgage-free Castle in the foothills.

That is also a good idea I'll have to give some thought to. My place is paid for and I love it but I'm gonna get older and may not be able to stay here. Thanks for the tip. :laugh:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That is also a good idea I'll have to give some thought to. My place is paid for and I love it but I'm gonna get older and may not be able to stay here. Thanks for the tip. :laugh:

The tax bill was horrendous.  6 figures for 2 years.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's "common core" math.  Two weeks = seven months.

We’re on day 242. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!