Author Topic: Top evangelical Trump ally calls for Christians to accept Biden as president-elect  (Read 2352 times)

Offline mountaineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trump is behind by 5,000,000 votes and the figure continues to grow!
Learn about the presidential election process, including the Electoral College, caucuses and primaries, and the national conventions. ...

Electoral College

In other U.S. elections, candidates are elected directly by popular vote. But the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they’re chosen by “electors” through a process called the Electoral College.

The process of using electors comes from the Constitution. It was a compromise between a popular vote by citizens and a vote in Congress.  https://www.usa.gov/election#item-36072
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how that happens when all the votes have already been counted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Learn about the presidential election process, including the Electoral College, caucuses and primaries, and the national conventions. ...

Electoral College

In other U.S. elections, candidates are elected directly by popular vote. But the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they’re chosen by “electors” through a process called the Electoral College.

The process of using electors comes from the Constitution. It was a compromise between a popular vote by citizens and a vote in Congress.  https://www.usa.gov/election#item-36072

In a practical example, Biden received ~2/3 of California's popular vote. But he gets the same number of Electors from California as he would had he received 50% + 1 vote. The writers of the Constitution understood that a pure popular vote direct election would result in a few populous states electing Presidents who would enable them to oppress and exploit the less populous states. The Electoral College was designed to hinder that kind of oppression and exploitation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

I am pretty immune to becoming all verklempt about this (or just about anything). Just seems to me that critical thinking would be more worthy than running around with your hair on fire.

Lost my hair decades ago...

Offline skeeter

Yeah and two of the votes belong to my daughter.

Offline Absalom

Learn about the presidential election process, including the Electoral College, caucuses and primaries, and the national conventions. ...Electoral College
------------------------------------
Assuming you can count & read, Trump is behind Biden by 5,000,000 votes and it's increasing.
Pretentious lecturing won't change reality tomorrow, the day after or on Jan 20!!!

Offline Hoodat

Assuming you can count & read, Trump is behind Biden by 5,000,000 votes and it's increasing.

That and 75 cents will get you a soda.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Pretentious lecturing won't change reality tomorrow, the day after or on Jan 20!!!
Oh, well, since you pulled out the pretentious lecturing allegation, I am now sufficiently chastened and will bow to your infinitely superior knowledge forever and ever, amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

How about we wait until people have time to collect and present any evidence they may have? Its only been 8 days since the election...

...an election in which democrats, in anticipation of launching massive, coordinated election fraud, brought dozens of lawsuits in Pennsylvania and elsewhere during the run up to the election, to get corrupt democrat judges to change the election system (constitutionally a plenary responsibility of the state legislative body—not the courts) to allow for unsolicited mail-in ballots—a system tried in many European countries but quickly abandoned as being rife with fraud.

How convenient for democrats. Considering the problems with 2020 elections have been with mail-in ballots.

Offline Absalom

Oh, well, since you pulled out the pretentious lecturing allegation, I am now sufficiently chastened and will bow to your infinitely superior knowledge forever and ever, amen.
----------------------
Uninterested in picking a fight w/anyone over this.
My comment has nothing to do w/superior knowledge.
The 5 million figure came from the EC web site

Online DB

Hillary had 2,868,691 more votes.

She never became President.

The EC is what counts in a Presidential election.

Every person in California could have voted for her and would have made no difference.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

----------------------
Uninterested in picking a fight w/anyone over this.

Bullshit.  Picking a fight is your raison d'être.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:59:24 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Wow, it took you a whole weak to come in and gloat about it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Wow, it took you a whole weak to come in and gloat about it?
Someone at the troll farm told him the election wasn’t over yet.

Offline roamer_1

Lost my hair decades ago...

LOL! Didn't mean !YOU! in particular... Really didn't mean !YOU! at all! !YOU! specifically seem to retain the capability for critical thought at all times. Something I admire in !YOU!.  :laugh:

Maybe that's it... Your non-hair condition renders you fireproof.  :silly:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:50:14 am by roamer_1 »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is fake news. 

See Jeffress Twitter.  Better yet, watch Lou Dobbs Friday night.

Dr. Robert Jeffress
@robertjeffress
·
16h
Don’t believe some false media reports that I have “broken” with our great President
@realDonaldTrump
. I support him completely. We do NOT have a “president-elect” until electoral college votes December 14. I will discuss on “
@LouDobbs
 Tonight" Friday.

https://twitter.com/robertjeffress/status/1326639632700805126
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is fake news. 

See Jeffress Twitter.  Better yet, watch Lou Dobbs Friday night.

Dr. Robert Jeffress
@robertjeffress
·
16h
Don’t believe some false media reports that I have “broken” with our great President
@realDonaldTrump
. I support him completely. We do NOT have a “president-elect” until electoral college votes December 14. I will discuss on “
@LouDobbs
 Tonight" Friday.

https://twitter.com/robertjeffress/status/1326639632700805126

Am I the only one noticing that the MSM  has gotten so desperate they are attaching lies to specific folks.  It's a whole new level. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Am I the only one noticing that the MSM  has gotten so desperate they are attaching lies to specific folks.  It's a whole new level.

They did the same thing with the UPS whistleblower. They're trying to stampede the country; must mean they're worried.

Offline Hoodat

Here is what Jeffress really said:

It appears that former Vice President Joe Biden will become the 46th president of the United States on Jan. 20, unless [emphasis mine] President Trump succeeds in legal challenges to the counting of votes in several states. For millions of Christians across our nation, this is a bitter pill to swallow.

President Trump’s strong policies on life and religious liberty would have seemed, from our vantage point, to be a better path for our country’s future. Many of you may be asking: What is God doing in this outcome? Why would He allow this to happen?

In January 2016 — a year before Donald Trump was inaugurated as president — I was flying around Iowa with the then-businessman to campaign with him before the Iowa caucuses.

We had just finished our elegant lunch of Wendy’s cheeseburgers when I said to him: “Mr. Trump, I believe you are going to be the next president of the United States and if that happens it will be because God has a great plan for you and for our nation.”

“Robert, do you really believe that?” he asked.

“Yes sir, I do,” I replied.

Donald Trump then asked: “OK, if that’s true then let me ask you a question. Do you believe it was God’s will for Obama to be president?”

“Yes sir I do,” I said. “Daniel 2:21 says that ‘It is God who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings.’”

Human governments and rulers change at God’s direction and design. Our faith and our salvation lie not in any human ruler, but in the ruler of rulers, the King of kings. We have to remember that even though the occupant of the White House is changing, the One who occupies the throne of Heaven hasn’t changed.

The fact that God has established authorities means that by obeying the government, we obey God.

The Apostle Paul told us: “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God” (Romans 13:1).

Paul also told us to pray “for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions” (1 Timothy 2:1-2).

Now, it’s always easier to submit and to pray for someone when he was our preferred candidate. But the rubber really meets the road when the person who takes office is not the one we supported. Paul didn’t give us any wiggle room — his command applies all the same, whether the emperor was the faith-friendly Constantine or the evil emperor Nero.  .  .

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/biden-elected-christians-response-robert-jeffress

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Assuming you are able to read, the national popular vote count is irrelevant. US Presidents have never been elected by direct popular vote. If Biden wins it will be because he got the most votes from the states' Electors. That isn't "pretentious lecturing", that is how the US Presidential election system has always worked under the Constitution.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

I didn't think the MSM could get more brazen in their lying, but they have proved me wrong. If Biden is elected President I wonder when the MSM will announce that he cured cancer and hangovers.

Offline aligncare

The second I saw the story about Jeffress giving his blessing to Biden I knew it was democrat/media obfuscation of the truth. I heard with my own ears the good pastor say the exact opposite a day or two earlier in an interview with one of our talk show hosts.

We are definitely over the target, folks.

Offline aligncare

Assuming you are able to read, the national popular vote count is irrelevant. US Presidents have never been elected by direct popular vote. If Biden wins it will be because he got the most votes from the states' Electors. That isn't "pretentious lecturing", that is how the US Presidential election system has always worked under the Constitution.

Clear, concise, IN HIS FACE.  :beer:

Offline PeteS in CA

The Apostle Paul told us: “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God” (Romans 13:1).

Context matters, and when Paul wrote this Nero was probably the Emperor. So Paul was not speaking only of "governing authorities" we think are good people.

Offline PeteS in CA

Clear, concise, IN HIS FACE.  :beer:

I'm always trying, yogi555 . :yowsa: