Author Topic: Pardon My Perplexity, But Why Should We Be Gracious?  (Read 15882 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Pardon My Perplexity, But Why Should We Be Gracious?
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2020, 05:56:26 pm »
And where did that get the Republicans?   It's time we started playing the same game as the Rats.  Sorry, but as long as we play by the Marquess of Queensberry Rules, the Rats will keep kicking our ass.

Except that we kicked their ass this year.   Every last poll was wrong.   Maybe the Dems will accuse us of fraud  *****rollingeyes*****
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2020, 05:57:44 pm »
Words of wisdom.  We do ourselves, and our nation, no good by acting like skunks just because the "other side" does so.

@Jazzhead

You are going to be a good prisoner in the NWO. Maybe even a warden.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2020, 05:58:26 pm »
Words of wisdom.  We do ourselves, and our nation, no good by acting like skunks just because the "other side" does so.

@Jazzhead

So what happens in Georgia during the January Senate runoff races when Democrats engage in the exact same fraud they used last week?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2020, 05:59:32 pm »
Except that we kicked their ass this year.   Every last poll was wrong.   Maybe the Dems will accuse us of fraud  *****rollingeyes*****

Thanks to Trump!   In the end, he energized the Democrats too much.   But realize only Trump could have won in 2016, and made this possible.   As far as Trump goes, it's just a temporary setback, you think he hasn't lost before and come back?   For once, play the long game.  Trump is the Cosell of politicians,  a lot of people loved him, but a lot hated him too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:05:09 pm by dfwgator »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
@Jazzhead

So what happens in Georgia during the January Senate runoff races when Democrats engage in the exact same fraud they used last week?

I don't think they will.    For one thing, the entire country will be watching.    They got the big prize, in getting Trump out.   If they throw those two races, it will be too obvious.   I say both Republicans win by 3-4 points.  It also would help their narrative that Republicans ditched Trump,  which really isn't true, but that's what the media wants people to think.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:02:18 pm by dfwgator »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2020, 06:01:09 pm »
You and I know that won't happen, it will be Biden in the White House.   

Very likely... Unless there is proof. That is all I am asking for, and all that you should demand. This is a holy thing y'all feel free to mess with... The singular most precious solemnity that a free people have. It is not the Democrats that you feel free to beat like a two dollar whore... It is the American Electoral System. I urge every possible caution. Revenge is best served cold.

But it will be a Pyrrhic Victory, that is tainted.    And he will not be a popular President.   

That's likely right. Not that it matters to me. It is fine if he is thought illegitimate if he got the votes to back it up. I would rather that than a Republican thought to be illegitimate without the votes to back him up.

Trump is doing this because it keeps the base with him.   If he had conceded too early,   he would have lost a good chunk of them.     Now, he gets to fight another day.  Yes, he may temporarily lose some people who think he's taking this too far.   But when they see the disaster of the Biden/Harris administration, that will be forgotten.

Or, the vote is fairly true - and people are tired of him. I certainly am. Every bit as tired of him as I am the liberals. This could well be the People saying STFU and leave us some peace... If that is true, then Conservatives wind up the bagholder.

So yeah - If there is evidence, by all means. But REAL evidence. Sturdy enough to prove in court. The rest should be ignored. This gossip mongering nonsense has got to stop.

Show me the damn money, or let it go.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2020, 06:08:00 pm »
How are we cheating?  Trump is pursuing a legal option, it may get thrown out.  But it's not cheating.

Like I said, the legal options should be pressed... But nullifying a state election is a line too far...Not to mention FIVE state elections. The proof of that widespread a corruption had better be absolute and undeniable.

Sure. Nullify ballots. Explore inconsistencies - and spank the evildoers. But those numbers do not add up to victory without nullifying whole states, and that is a dangerous game.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2020, 06:08:38 pm »
Very likely... Unless there is proof. That is all I am asking for, and all that you should demand. This is a holy thing y'all feel free to mess with... The singular most precious solemnity that a free people have. It is not the Democrats that you feel free to beat like a two dollar whore... It is the American Electoral System. I urge every possible caution. Revenge is best served cold.

That's likely right. Not that it matters to me. It is fine if he is thought illegitimate if he got the votes to back it up. I would rather that than a Republican thought to be illegitimate without the votes to back him up.

Or, the vote is fairly true - and people are tired of him. I certainly am. Every bit as tired of him as I am the liberals. This could well be the People saying STFU and leave us some peace... If that is true, then Conservatives wind up the bagholder.

So yeah - If there is evidence, by all means. But REAL evidence. Sturdy enough to prove in court. The rest should be ignored. This gossip mongering nonsense has got to stop.

Show me the damn money, or let it go.

Fact is,  Trump is the only kind of Republican that can win a national election now.    Personally, I think Ron DeSantis is the heir apparent.   But it took someone with the audacity of Trump to get the ball rolling, and that's why I will always appreciate what he did, come what may.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2020, 06:09:57 pm »

For once, play the long game.  Trump is the Cosell of politicians,  a lot of people loved him, but a lot hated him too.

That certainly cannot be denied.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2020, 06:10:52 pm »
Fact is,  Trump is the only kind of Republican that can win a national election now.    Personally, I think Ron DeSantis is the heir apparent.   But it took someone with the audacity of Trump to get the ball rolling, and that's why I will always appreciate what he did, come what may.

Sorry, but I find that to be utterly dismal.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2020, 06:10:58 pm »
I don't think they will.    For one thing, the entire country will be watching.    They got the big prize, in getting Trump out.   If they throw those two races, it will be too obvious.   I say both Republicans win by 3-4 points.  It also would help their narrative that Republicans ditched Trump,  which really isn't true, but that's what the media wants people to think.

But the incentive to cheat is several magnitudes higher this time around.  Georgia was one of several states they wanted to overthrow Trump.  Now it is the only state they need to take over the Senate, with not one, but two Senators.

Ballot harvesting was the primary culprit last time around, and there is nothing in place to prevent them from doing it again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2020, 06:30:30 pm »
But the incentive to cheat is several magnitudes higher this time around.  Georgia was one of several states they wanted to overthrow Trump.  Now it is the only state they need to take over the Senate, with not one, but two Senators.

Ballot harvesting was the primary culprit last time around, and there is nothing in place to prevent them from doing it again.

Is ballot harvesting legal in Georgia?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2020, 06:33:01 pm »

Again, it goes back to my contention that the Democrats do play the long game,  they are willing to take a loss, for the bigger picture.    And totally repudiating Trump is Job One.  Just defeating him in a close election is not nearly enough for them.    They must have him firmly rejected by his own party, which is not happening.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2020, 06:33:16 pm »
Is ballot harvesting legal in Georgia?

No.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2020, 06:35:16 pm »
If war is what it takes to clean this shit up then so be it!  But we MUST exhaust every other possible avenue before that happens!

If you go so far as to overturn a state election, on the basis of letting a Republican legislature decide the race, you had better have bulletproof evidence of corruption, or risk being corrupted yourself.

And you will lay down precedents that will forever alter the electoral process of this nation. Think very long and hard before doing that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2020, 06:36:33 pm »
Don McLean - Bye Bye Miss American Pie

There are some that consider that a prophecy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2020, 07:21:48 pm »
Again, it goes back to my contention that the Democrats do play the long game,  they are willing to take a loss, for the bigger picture.    And totally repudiating Trump is Job One.  Just defeating him in a close election is not nearly enough for them.    They must have him firmly rejected by his own party, which is not happening.

There is no reason for the GOP to reject Trump.  Quite the contrary.   But Trump needs to be smart enough to play the long game and not embarass the party with futile and potentially dangerous obstruction for its own sake.   If Trump plays his cards right - and helps the party to keep the Senate - he will the clear frontrunner for the 2024 nomination if he wants it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2020, 08:07:14 pm »
If Trump plays his cards right - and helps the party to keep the Senate -

@Jazzhead

There it is again.  You keep saying that, but you never explain how you expect this to happen when Democrats repeat the same fraud techniques they used in the last election.  Why do you continue to willfully ignore the obvious?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2020, 08:15:15 pm »
I almost agree with you, with a simple caveat: If there were electoral shenanigans, then by all means pursue them through the courts, regardless if enough can be garnered to overturn a county or state. But only where and how the evidence will allow.

That's just it!  Despite his protestations to the contrary, he KNOWS the cheating is rampant, and he wants Trump to give up because he's always detested him.  And us too, apparently, judging by his comments on this Forum.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
@Jazzhead

There it is again.  You keep saying that, but you never explain how you expect this to happen when Democrats repeat the same fraud techniques they used in the last election.  Why do you continue to willfully ignore the obvious?

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2020, 08:18:38 pm »
There is no reason for the GOP to reject Trump. 

That's about the funniest one since "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:38:27 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2020, 08:20:48 pm »
There is no reason for the GOP to reject Trump.

Spoken by a GOPer who rejects Trump.  Can we assume by your own words that your position is un-reasonable?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2020, 08:37:40 pm »
Spoken by a GOPer who rejects Trump.  Can we assume by your own words that your position is un-reasonable?

Approaching Troll level
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2020, 08:46:19 pm »
There is no reason for the GOP to reject Trump.  Quite the contrary.   But Trump needs to be smart enough to play the long game and not embarass the party with futile and potentially dangerous obstruction for its own sake.   If Trump plays his cards right - and helps the party to keep the Senate - he will the clear frontrunner for the 2024 nomination if he wants it.

I still believe Trump understands what he's doing,   and frankly I think the end seems to be near, and Trump will concede in the next few days, but knowing he's planted the seeds that needed to be planted, to place the legitimacy of Biden's election in doubt.   Afterall, the Democrats have succeded to do the very same thing everytime a Republican won, since 2000, while McCain and Romney just rolled over.

And by taking the fight as far as he could, Trump will keep his base,  going forward, as he is now the leader of The Resistance.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2020, 08:50:53 pm »
That's just it!  Despite his protestations to the contrary, he KNOWS the cheating is rampant, and he wants Trump to give up because he's always detested him.  And us too, apparently, judging by his comments on this Forum.

None of us KNOW that cheating was rampant. Your comment seems a tad emotionally charged.