Author Topic: Senate Republicans urge Trump to go all-in on Georgia  (Read 118 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans urge Trump to go all-in on Georgia
« on: November 11, 2020, 01:17:18 am »
Senate Republicans urge Trump to go all-in on Georgia
By Jordain Carney - 11/10/20 06:48 PM EST

Republicans are urging President Trump to get involved in boosting the GOP candidates in two Senate races in Georgia, where he's narrowly trailing President-elect Joe Biden as the Senate majority hangs in the balance.

Senate Republicans are pulling out all the stops as they try to fend off an uphill Democratic effort to flip the two Georgia seats. If Democrats won both seats they would clinch a majority, since Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) would be able to break a 50-50 tie once sworn in as vice president.

The party’s 2024 hopefuls are set to blanket the Peach State ahead of the Jan. 5 runoff elections, but GOP senators say they hope that Trump, who is locked in a myriad of legal challenges surrounding the presidential race, is able to lend his megaphone to help hold onto the Senate majority.

“I think everybody understands what’s at stake,” said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas). “I think as soon as the election is resolved, one way or the other, I think he could be a big help.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/525403-senate-republicans-urge-trump-to-go-all-in-on-georgia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34