State Chapters > California

Los Angeles Cops Will No Longer Be Answering Certain Calls

(1/1)

PeteS in CA:
Los Angeles Cops Will No Longer Be Answering Certain Calls

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/11/10/los-angeles-cops-will-no-longer-answering-certain-calls/

--- Quote ---I guess the municipal government of Los Angeles must really be buying into the idea that the apparent election of Joe Biden will mark a new era of peace, love, understanding, unicorns and flowers. I’m assuming that’s the case because they’re going to be further scaling back the size and duties of the LAPD. I mean, why keep all of those cops roaming around the streets of the city if everyone is busy attending a huge hug festival, right? With that in mind, they’ve already slashed $150 million from the police budget so they won’t be able to afford to keep as many cops on the payroll anyway. Oh, and if you’re involved in a fender-bender with another car, don’t bother calling the cops. They won’t be responding to those calls anymore. (Daily Caller)

--- Quote ---Amid a spike in homicides, the Los Angeles Police Department is set to downsize its homicide and robbery division and will stop responding to traffic collisions, according to CBSN Los Angeles.

Due to budgetary challenges, more than 200 LAPD officers will be moved back to patrol under a “broad reorganization aimed at preserving patrol and community engagement functions,” according to the Los Angeles Times. Under the plan, anyone with minor injuries from car accidents and hit-and-run crashes will need to file a report online.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

When police "don't sweat the small stuff" both "small stuff" and "big stuff" multiply.

dfwgator:
Embrace the Suck, LA.  And keep voting Democrat.

PeteS in CA:
When we visit my son and DIL in the San Diego area we already take the 210 and the 15 (SoCal-ish for I210 and I15) to avoid LA traffic. This adds a little more incentive to avoid driving through LA.

GtHawk:
As far as I know the police in many California cities haven't been responding to fender benders for quite some time. It takes an injury, blocking a roadway/ intersection or hit and run for them to respond. Also I am sure they won't be responding to just about all shoplifting or thefts unless they are high dollar thanks to the democrats penalizing honest Californians while keeping criminals loose on the streets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version