General Category > Elections 2020

Election 2020 Legal Updates

<< < (278/286) > >>

jafo2010:
Trump should take a hard look at who he had advising him on personnel.  If I were him, I would distance those folks from anything he does in the future.  It was a major weakness for Trump.  He did not build his own team, literally!!!

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: jafo2010 on January 05, 2021, 01:46:39 am ---Trump should take a hard look at who he had advising him on personnel.  If I were him, I would distance those folks from anything he does in the future.  It was a major weakness for Trump.  He did not build his own team, literally!!!

--- End quote ---

Because he was an outsider to government, and because it's been so long since we had a conservative administration to pick talent from (Reagan was the last one), I don't think he had much choice. It was either take the advice he was offered or leave the spots unfilled. And as his term went on the situation became worse because working in the Trump Admin would likely be a career killer - either due to a conflict with the boss and a resultant public shaming and possibly firing, or because of the media's portrayal of the Trump Admin as the third Reich making future public office unlikely.

In any event, it doesn't matter now. He's made his last appointment.

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote ---Robert Barnes Retweeted
Bowen Xiao

@BowenXiao_

· 13m

NEW from me:

Republican state senators in Georgia have signed a letter to VP Mike Pence asking him to delay the Jan. 6 count by 10 to 12 days.

“There’s about 16 or 18 of us now that signed this letter," Sen. Brandon Beach told me on the phone today. 
--- End quote ---

Hoodat:
Brandon Beach is a good man.

Right_in_Virginia:
Elise Stefanik
@EliseStefanik

Why I Will Object on Jan 6th

“I am committed to restoring the faith of the American people in our elections - that they are free, fair, secure, and according to the United States Constitution.”

Video:
--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/EliseStefanik/status/1346094728379572225

9:02 AM · Jan 4, 2021·Twitter Web App

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version