Author Topic: There are no software 'glitches'  (Read 517 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There are no software 'glitches'
« on: November 08, 2020, 03:02:50 pm »
November 8, 2020
There are no software 'glitches'
By Jay Valentine

I led the team that developed the fraud detection software for the largest online auction house in the world.

Scammers sold products, did not deliver them to paid customers, then dropped off the site.  The perp then changed every identifier — name, address, credit card, phone, literally every ID — and rejoined the site.

Fraud detection software was blind because there was nothing in common between the bad guy and the newly listed same bad guy.  Neural nets were useless; there were no patterns.

This was a high-profile deal.  It was front-page national news for months.  The Secret Service, the FBI, about every fraud detection company was trying to solve it.  They could not.

We delivered a fraud technology that stopped auction fraud in its tracks.  The auction site publicly stated such, noting it in its annual report.

We know a little bit about fraud, cyber-security, computer programming, and "glitches."

Software is really stupid stuff.  It does not go off on its own, has no mind of its own, and there is no intelligence anywhere in code.  It performs instructions and does them over and over, exactly the same every time, no matter what.

Until something changes.

Something changing is not a "glitch."  It is a change.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/11/there_are_no_software_glitches.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: There are no software 'glitches'
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »
At end of article

So when you hear that there is a "glitch" in the dark of night and votes got moved around, you can bet it wasn't the lightning strike or a broken water pipe.  It was someone changing something.  It likely left some tracks.

And my experience is there will be lots of tracks.  Competent forensic investigators know just where to look.  They are likely to find that someone changed something, and it was not a "glitch."
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 03:16:03 pm »
At end of article

So when you hear that there is a "glitch" in the dark of night and votes got moved around, you can bet it wasn't the lightning strike or a broken water pipe.  It was someone changing something.  It likely left some tracks.

And my experience is there will be lots of tracks.  Competent forensic investigators know just where to look.  They are likely to find that someone changed something, and it was not a "glitch."

Absolutely right!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 03:36:41 pm »
In this case I would agree that it was not caused by a software glitch. That doesn't mean that SW glitches don't exist. I discovered a glitch running the checkout software that I used to test the space shuttle downlink telemetry pre-processors (TPC). My discrepancy report was closed out by the programmer stating that the error only occurred as often as planetary collisions. Well, after the very next time I executed his software, I got to tell him that the planets collided again.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 05:33:22 pm »
In this case I would agree that it was not caused by a software glitch. That doesn't mean that SW glitches don't exist. I discovered a glitch running the checkout software that I used to test the space shuttle downlink telemetry pre-processors (TPC). My discrepancy report was closed out by the programmer stating that the error only occurred as often as planetary collisions. Well, after the very next time I executed his software, I got to tell him that the planets collided again.

Developers are an arrogant bunch, so I can see why they have a blind spot about their bugs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 06:26:12 pm »
Developers are an arrogant bunch, so I can see why they have a blind spot about their bugs.

Absolutely! Developers are Never to be trusted.

We had one developer that created so many problems with her code that it came down from our Vice-Prez that she was not to deliver any code until he gave the OK. She was known to take operator change requests on bar napkins.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 06:30:35 pm by Elderberry »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 06:33:08 pm »
Absolutely! Developers are Never to be trusted.

For the most part, yes.  In my pre-retirement life I was a Developer of software for testing Semiconductor devices.  I was diligent about in-code comments, and I encouraged others to look at it and point out anomalies for me.  I had no jealousy, because all I wanted was the best-performing software I could get.  I never failed a GSO audit.

I put Quality before my petty ego.  I always figured I was an outlier because I knew many other developers, and they were jerks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 06:37:46 pm »
OK. Some I trusted, but I verified All.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 06:39:43 pm »
OK. Some I trusted, but I verified All.

That is correct, which is why I sought out criticism from those who understood the script language I had to use.  I craved verification.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 10:47:17 am »
Years ago, Soros bought the company that did the tabulation of votes in the USA and the one used in Europe.  Is it his company playing with one and zeroes?

If the will is there, then the notion that votes are being manipulated is very high in EVERY STATE.  If this is the case, we need to have another election and throw this one out in its entirety.  Paper ballots only.

We cannot allow Biden's massive fraud go unanswered.  Run the election again.  I am sure he has ten million phony ballots with his name, perhaps more.

This nation went to war after a Duke was murdered and a ship sank.  I consider this crime far worse than that!  Republicans should be looking at this fraud like it was an act of war...LITERALLY!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:49:36 am by jafo2010 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 02:02:15 pm »
Years ago, Soros bought the company that did the tabulation of votes in the USA and the one used in Europe.  Is it his company playing with one and zeroes?

If the will is there, then the notion that votes are being manipulated is very high in EVERY STATE.  If this is the case, we need to have another election and throw this one out in its entirety.  Paper ballots only.

We cannot allow Biden's massive fraud go unanswered.  Run the election again.  I am sure he has ten million phony ballots with his name, perhaps more.

This nation went to war after a Duke was murdered and a ship sank.  I consider this crime far worse than that!  Republicans should be looking at this fraud like it was an act of war...LITERALLY!

Hear Here!!! Absolutely right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien