Author Topic: John McCain - Hero Or Rat ? And Everything Else  (Read 8811 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: John McCain - Hero Or Rat ? And Everything Else
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2020, 12:33:58 am »
Isn't it way past time you ceased embarrassing yourself???

I assume you are looking in the mirror when you ask that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2020, 12:37:08 am »
--------------------------------------
So perhaps the Military awards the DCF, Silver Star and Bronze Star to time servers???
John Kerry received a silver star, a bronze star and (count em) three Purple Hearts and did it in only 4 months!

McCain was a piker.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:38:02 am by skeeter »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2020, 12:51:46 am »
Is there a term for when argument winning facts are presented but you are fully aware they will be dismissed and it leaves you feeling both exasperated and blithely amused?
The Germans must have word for that...
------------------------------
Indeed, when one insists in one's mind & soul that one's opinion trumps all factual
evidence, he/she is quite easily easily seduced by the siren song of the demagogue.
The past century has seen this drama play out in countless nations, most notably,
China, Germany, Italy and Russia; and the world is infinitely worse off for this.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2020, 01:02:39 am »
So perhaps the Military awards the DCF, Silver Star and Bronze Star to time servers???

Yes!  If they have the right geneology and thus contacts.  The U.S. Navy awarded John F'n Kerry three metals he put himself in for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2020, 01:07:46 am »
------------------------------
Indeed, when one insists in one's mind & soul that one's opinion trumps all factual
evidence, he/she is quite easily easily seduced by the siren song of the demagogue.
The past century has seen this drama play out in countless nations, most notably,
China, Germany, Italy and Russia; and the world is infinitely worse off for this.
... says you, without a trace of irony.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2020, 02:12:46 am »
I did some searching on McCain's temper. 

The following were examples of what some have written:

But it is not just McCain's politics that are disturbing. It is his personality, too. For McCain has a secret reputation as a man with a ferocious, unpredictable temper. He is a man who has a knack for pursuing vendettas against those he thinks have slighted him, even if they are lowly aides.
The list of worrying incidents is long. In 1995 he ended up almost physically scuffling with aged Senator Strom Thurmond on the Senate floor. And, according to some accounts, in 2006 he had a fight with Arizona congressman Rick Renzi, throwing blows in a scrap whose details have only recently been detailed in Schecter's book. Schecter unearthed another unpleasant incident from 1992 in which McCain, tired after a long day's campaign, reacted badly to his wife Cindy teasing him about his baldness. 'At least I don't plaster on the make-up like a trollop, you bleep,' McCain snapped in front of eyewitnesses. Schecter says he has three sources for the story. McCain's campaign have denied it.
Such public outbursts, and many other private ones, have concerned people even in his own party. Former New Hampshire Republican Senator Robert Smith publicly voiced his concerns, once saying McCain's temper ' ... would place this country at risk in international affairs, and the world perhaps in danger'. That sentiment was echoed by Mississippi Republican Senator Thad Cochran, who told a Boston newspaper: 'The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jun/22/johnmccain.uselections2008
In winter 2007, John McCain’s presidential bid was bleeding for money. The campaign had fired senior staff. And the candidate had only 54% of support from Republicans in his home state of Arizona ahead of the primaries. But it was a speech Vladimir Putin gave at the Munich Security Conference—where the Russian president lambasted the United States for cultivating a world of “instability and danger”—that set the senator’s teeth on edge.

“I remember John McCain becoming furiously angry with this speech and wanting to do an immediate press conference to respond to it,” McCain’s former foreign policy advisor Niall Ferguson, a British historian, told Observer. “That’s when I saw the impulse McCain, ‘Fighting John,’ who had to be talked out of this vehement rejoinder of Putin.”

“Fighting John” was a side of McCain that commanded the respect of his fellow soldiers, and later defined his career as a politician. Former CIA Director R. James Woolsey, who also advised the senator’s 2008 bid for the presidency, recalled his interviews with half a dozen Naval officers who had been detained with McCain at Hao Lo Prison—the infamous Vietnamese torture site nicknamed ‘Hanoi Hilton’ by American soldiers.

“They all said, pretty much this: ‘John and I have always gotten along most of the time, but we have on occasion gotten in fights…Last time we played poker, we nearly brained each other, but I love him like a brother and would follow him anywhere,'” Woolsey told Observer. “And that’s John McCain.”

https://observer.com/2018/08/how-john-mccains-temper-drove-him-from-hanoi-hilton-to-the-senate/
About a year later, McCain reportedly erupted again, this time at a meeting with Arizona's then-Gov. Evan Mecham, who was about to be impeached after being indicted on felony charges.

Karen Johnson, then Mecham's secretary and now an Arizona state senator, recalled how McCain told Mecham that he was "causing the party a lot of problems" and was an embarrassment to the party.

"Sen. McCain got very angry," Johnson recalled, "and I said, 'Why are you talking to the governor like this? You're causing problems yourself. You're an embarrassment.' "

Johnson would go on to work at three different jobs over the next five years, and she said that each time, McCain would contact her boss and try to get her removed.

The McCain campaign didn't respond to repeated requests for comment.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article24498646.html

And article on his temper…..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/19991031/aponline183823_000.htm
John McCain’s Democratic colleagues in the Senate are zeroing in on his oft-discussed temper, questioning whether the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is too volatile to be commander in chief.
In separate interviews with Politico on Tuesday, Senate Majority Whip Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said they have seen McCain “explode.”
“He has a huge anger problem,” Boxer said. “And he never hid that. ... I have seen it happen on the Senate floor many, many times. … He has exploded at me a couple times.”
Boxer said McCain has always apologized after the dust-ups. Nonetheless, she insinuated that McCain’s temperament makes him unfit for the White House.
“It’s all well and good to apologize,” Boxer added, “but if you are in charge of that black box, I worry about that.”
Durbin noted McCain’s temper is “well documented,” saying that he had been on the receiving end of it for what he considered “minor things.”

“I was in a confrontation with him … and he was quick to explode,” said Durbin. “It simmered for a long time.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2008/08/democrats-take-aim-at-mccains-temper-012846

In January, Thad Cochran, a Republican senator for Mississippi, said the thought of Mr McCain as president sent a “cold chill down my spine”, describing him as “hotheaded” and “erratic”. James Dobson, the influential evangelical leader, said he could not support Mr McCain, in part because he “has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language”.
On Capitol Hill, his outbursts are part of congressional folklore. One of the most recent came last year when, according to witnesses, he shouted, "bleep you!” at John Cornyn, a Republican senator for Texas, during a heated exchange over immigration reform.
A similar tirade in 1999 cost him the support of Pete Domenici, a New Mexico senator, in the 2000 presidential election. “I decided I didn’t want this guy anywhere near a trigger,” said Mr Domenici.
https://www.ft.com/content/f28123a8-0725-11dd-b41e-0000779fd2ac
The senator’s temper and temperament remain in question. His biographer quotes him: “At the smallest provocation I would go off into a mad frenzy, and then suddenly crash to the floor unconscious.” Has he moderated over time? Apparently. Somewhat. Senators who have had John McCain scream hyphenated obscenities at them nose-to-nose include Rick Santorum, Richard Shelby, Thad Cochran, and James Inhofe. Most colleagues decline comment. The man has been called psychologically unstable.

All true.  When congress voted on removing, communist mandated obama care, even though he was against it,  he VOTED, NO, on having it removed.  Vendetta against POTUS TRUMP.   McStain, screwed over most Americans with that vote.  It was his single vote that did that. He was no war hero.  Prk.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2020, 02:15:33 am »
I assume you are looking in the mirror when you ask that.
:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2020, 02:21:01 am »
A false and disgusting claim from 2008.  But its a great indicator of someone's humanity and intelligence when it is brought up.  Offered freedom, he would not take it unless all his men went free with him.  He refused to be part of Vietnamese propaganda.  Over five years of pain and suffering and people that are not fit to shine his shoes spread filthy lies.  And we are the party that veterans support?

You are wrong. His admiral dad and admiral grandfather, got him out of prison.  The song bird, told on all his squad. Then those 100+ soldiers  he killed on a boat, by goofing around.  They got him out of that too.  HE IS A DISGRACE.  Men who served with him, call him NO NAME. VIETNAM VETERANS DESPISE THAT POS.  He was a  despicable person.  Lindsey Graham's butt buddy. McStain also wanted a sleep over with Alquade muslims. That is documented.  Wonder why? 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2020, 02:24:05 am »
Let me say one thing here about honor... It does not matter what one DID. What matters is what one DOES. The honor bound up in an husband and a father can be laid low, and made of no account in a single moment of infidelity... And thereafter is a long, lonesome road to EARN back what was thrown away...

The subject of this thread, the honor of a 'war hero' is the same damn thing. That only counts if one continues in that honor. If one does not, it besmirches not only ones self, but the good names of every other war hero that continued to be honorable.

'nuff said.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2020, 02:30:31 am »
---------------------------
A Podiatrist Tennant of Trump's old man diagnosed the Donald w/Bone spurs rendering
him unfit for military service; in exchange for a revised and inexpensive office lease.
The Podiatrist's Daughter who was his Office Manager, affirmed this in testimony before a
Grand Jury and the NY County District Attorney some 50 years ago.

Wrong. That is another MEDIA lie about POTUS.  Yes, he has bone spurs. (I do too, very painful, no marching)  Before that student deferments. His number was #580, I once read draft ended in 300 numbers.  You have irrational TRUMP ENVY.

Any thing to say about your wrong post, LIE,  he was 'draft dodger'?  AND,  what about JOE  BIDEN...  BILL  CLINTON....Bernie Sanders, MIKE BLOOMBERG, did not serve either?   JOE  BIDEN IS A DRAFT DODGER?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2020, 02:31:52 am »
Let me say one thing here about honor... It does not matter what one DID. What matters is what one DOES. The honor bound up in an husband and a father can be laid low, and made of no account in a single moment of infidelity... And thereafter is a long, lonesome road to EARN back what was thrown away...

The subject of this thread, the honor of a 'war hero' is the same damn thing. That only counts if one continues in that honor. If one does not, it besmirches not only ones self, but the good names of every other war hero that continued to be honorable.

'nuff said.

"One 'Aw shit!' cancels out one hundred 'Atta boys!'"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2020, 02:54:22 am »

'nuff said.
Cant argue with any of that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2020, 03:34:49 am »

And IMO is fully negated by the damage he did to this country as the ultimate political back stabber, and criminal sell out. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2020, 04:30:02 am »
And IMO is fully negated by the damage he did to this country as the ultimate political back stabber, and criminal sell out.

:thumbsup:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2020, 05:02:40 am »
Wrong. That is another MEDIA lie about POTUS.  Yes, he has bone spurs. (I do too, very painful, no marching)  Before that student deferments. His number was #580, I once read draft ended in 300 numbers.  You have irrational TRUMP ENVY.
Any thing to say about your wrong post, LIE,  he was 'draft dodger'?  AND,  what about JOE  BIDEN...  BILL  CLINTON....Bernie Sanders, MIKE BLOOMBERG, did not serve either?   JOE  BIDEN IS A DRAFT DODGER?   
-------------------------------------
Trump was an athlete in 8 years of High School and College competing in Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse and Soccer; an impossibility for anyone w/bone spurs. IMPOSSIBILITY!
The Bone Spurs diagnosis was a scam that let Trump dodge the draft and Vietnam. Reality!

Offline Knox27

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2020, 05:07:38 am »
-------------------------------------
Trump was an athlete in 8 years of High School and College competing in Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse and Soccer; an impossibility for anyone w/bone spurs. IMPOSSIBILITY!
The Bone Spurs diagnosis was a scam that let Trump dodge the draft and Vietnam. Reality!

"One aspect of the conflict, by the way, that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest income level of America, and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur. That is wrong. That is wrong. If we’re going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve."  John McCain

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2020, 01:27:27 pm »
"One aspect of the conflict, by the way, that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest income level of America, and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur. That is wrong. That is wrong. If we’re going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve."  John McCain

I always knew that on top of his truckloads of faults, McStain was also an elitist.  Thanks for finding that damning quote from the worm.  A perfect example of what not to be.

888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2020, 03:45:54 pm »

... His admiral dad and admiral grandfather, got him out of prison.  ... Then those 100+ soldiers  he killed on a boat, by goofing aroundThey got him out of that too.  ...

Admiral John S. McCain Sr., the grandfather, died in 1945, when McCain III was 11 years old. So he could not have "got him out of prison". And he could not "got him out of that too". This is news to you, @LegalAmerican?

As I've posted on TBR multiple times, in detail, John S. McCain III could not possibly have caused the Forrestal fire. For the simple reason that all the strike planes were positioned along the Forrestal's aft and quarter deck edges with their exhausts pointed out to sea. This disproves:

* The McCain-caused-the-Zuni-to-launch version of this stupid conspiracy theory;

* It disproves the McCain-ignited-the-spilled-jet-fuel version of this stupid conspiracy theory;

*  It disproves any other version of this stupid conspiracy theory, because there is no way McCain's exhaust could affect any other plane or equipment on the USS Forrestal; McCain had no plane behind him and his exhaust blew out to sea.

I have less than zero love for the late Sen. McCain, but the truth is the truth even when you might dislike it. McCain could not have caused the Forrestal fire.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2020, 03:48:15 pm »
I always knew that on top of his truckloads of faults, McStain was also an elitist.  Thanks for finding that damning quote from the worm.  A perfect example of what not to be.

888high58888

He literally says he cannot support that happened.  It was true.  He didn't like it.  What point are you seeing here?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2020, 04:02:44 pm »
He literally says he cannot support that happened.  It was true.  He didn't like it.  What point are you seeing here?

My point is mistaken.  That said, he was very much an elitist, a Patrician.  He was still a worm.  I guess it's the sort of thing one would have to be a long-time Arizonan to appreciate him properly, so YMMV. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2020, 04:42:10 pm »
I can see that the Arizonians built up a "McCain Revulsion", much stronger than the rest of us. Just ponder if the Buddhists have it right. Then McCain will live thru the afterlife with Bad Karma and will never achieve True Enlightenment. Just leave him six foot under. I know that if you don't know history then history will repeat itself. I just can't see going thru all of this all over again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2020, 04:50:05 pm »
I can see that the Arizonians built up a "McCain Revulsion", much stronger than the rest of us. Just ponder if the Buddhists have it right. Then McCain will live thru the afterlife with Bad Karma and will never achieve True Enlightenment. Just leave him six foot under. I know that if you don't know history then history will repeat itself. I just can't see going thru all of this all over again.

In 49 states, people just heard a traitor screaming.  In AZ, we saw him screaming in our faces, complete with the flying spittle. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2020, 05:08:03 pm »
In 49 states, people just heard a traitor screaming.  In AZ, we saw him screaming in our faces, complete with the flying spittle.

It wasn't confined to just AZ. I was in the next state over and there was no Republican that was a bigger back stabber to conservatives than McCain. Romney is working on it.

Offline DB

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2020, 05:08:55 pm »
Where's that "He's Dead Jim" image when you need it?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2020, 05:10:24 pm »
It wasn't confined to just AZ. I was in the next state over and there was no Republican that was a bigger back stabber to conservatives than McCain. Romney is working on it.

Welcome to AZ, BTW.  It's a pity you moved to the Valley of the Sun after I left it.  LD 25, right?
I will NOT comply.