Author Topic: John McCain - Hero Or Rat ? And Everything Else  (Read 8756 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: John McCain - Hero Or Rat ? And Everything Else
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2020, 05:06:48 pm »
Sexual misdeeds...Infantile behavior....Rash Temperment...Publicly lashes out at his fellow Republicans...Vindictive...Impulsive...Obscene Language...Attention-starved...
Whew!!! Thank Goodness the GOP avoided having all that in the Oval Office.
-----------------------------
Indeed they did; then Trump emerged.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2020, 05:16:26 pm »
My father is a retired Command Sergeant Major. 31 years of service, Purple heart, multiple tours. Cried when had to retire from his beloved army. He STILL can’t believe a person who didn’t serve opened his mouth derisively about a POW (regardless of who it is) and wasn’t immediately disqualified for doing so. Can you imagine if Obama had said similar about McCain in 2008? Ooh boy. lol
--------------------------------
A salute to your Dad, a man of honor.
An anecdote I mention, only because it's ironic.
While serving w/the Big Red One, I was in Cambodia while Mc Cain was a POW.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2020, 05:28:35 pm »
Your record of stating the irrelevant remains unblemished. I never gave two hoots about his Navy record because I wasn't in the Service, so I don't feel it's appropriate for me to comment on it either way. 
No, I am more concerned about his political record, and he's been a treacherous tool since he was first elected to office.  I moved into that Congressional District in 1980, so I've been a close observer of his actions for almost 40 years.  Whenever he was counted upon in the Senate, he weaseled and voted with the Democrats, all the while badmouthing conservatives and destroying the political careers of any who would challenge him.
It's an opinion forum and all are entitled, as you well know.
What's relevant/irrelevant is a matter of opinion.
Further, McCain's persona will always be a matter of opinion.
What's not a matter of opinion is his military/war record,
one of a Man of Honor, which no one in the Congress in
which he served could match.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 05:31:05 pm by Absalom »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 05:39:32 pm »

A man of honor my @$$!  A man of honor would not have been known as "The Canary" among his fellow prisoners.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2020, 05:46:37 pm »
A man of honor my @$$!  A man of honor would not have been known as "The Canary" among his fellow prisoners.
I wouldn't know, I wasn't there.

But I have been around while the man was in public office, and watched anything but a man of honor.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2020, 05:50:52 pm »

A false and disgusting claim from 2008.  But its a great indicator of someone's humanity and intelligence when it is brought up.  Offered freedom, he would not take it unless all his men went free with him.  He refused to be part of Vietnamese propaganda.  Over five years of pain and suffering and people that are not fit to shine his shoes spread filthy lies.  And we are the party that veterans support? 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2020, 05:53:28 pm »
A false and disgusting claim from 2008.  But its a great indicator of someone's humanity and intelligence when it is brought up.  Offered freedom, he would not take it unless all his men went free with him.  He refused to be part of Vietnamese propaganda.  Over five years of pain and suffering and people that are not fit to shine his shoes spread filthy lies.  And we are the party that veterans support?

According to the story concocted to keep from having to court-martial the man!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2020, 06:17:56 pm »

Congratulations, your record remains unblemished!

:hands: :hands: :hands:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2020, 06:25:23 pm »
Read this: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372764.msg2321940.html#msg2321940

This statement from that article is false:

ohn McCain’s most horrendous loss occurred in 1967 on the USS Forrestal. Well, not horrendous for him. The starter motor switch on the A4E Skyhawk allowed fuel to pool in the engine. When the aircraft was “wet-started,” an impressive flame would shoot from the tail. It was one of the ways young hot-shots got their jollies.
Investigators and survivors took the position that John McCain deliberately wet-started to harass the F4 pilot directly behind him. The cook off launched an M34 Zuni rocket that tore through the Skyhawk’s fuel tank, released a thousand pound bomb, and ignited a fire that killed the pilot plus 167 men.

Unlike what was done on WW2 carriers, the Forrestal strike planes were lined around the aft deck edge. There was no plane behind McCain's A-4, and the F-4 from which the Zuni launched was not behind any plane. McCain was across the deck from the F-4, with his exhaust pointed out toward the ocean. However McCain started his engine, it did not cause the Zuni to launch, nor did McCain's engine ignite the spilling jet fuel from the A-$ the Zuni hit (another version of the stupid McCain-Caused-the-Forrestal-Fire Conspiracy Theory).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2020, 06:26:53 pm »
John Sidney McCain III would likely have wound up selling used cars but for the fact that his father and grandfather were admirals and THAT is a core fact!
------------------------------------
An opinion is emphatically not a fact.
What is a fact about John McCain is that he was an Annapolis graduate, a Naval Aviator,
a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Bronze and Silver Stars plus 24 others,
as well as a Prisoner of War.
Did his Admiral Father/Grandfather 'aid' his career? Does 1+1 equal 2? Truth is direct and simple. Despite his lineage, McCain earned every academic level & award achieved, A FACT!
The assertion that except for them, he would have "wound up selling used cars" is more than an opinion, it's a slander contradicted by his military career.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:52:29 pm by Absalom »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2020, 06:36:05 pm »
What is a fact about John McCain is that he was an Annapolis graduate, a Naval Aviator,
a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Bronze and Silver Stars plus 24 others,
Did his Admiral Father/Grandfather 'aid' his career? Does 1+1 equal 2? Truth is direct and simple. Despite his lineage, McCain earned every academic level & award achieved, A FACT!
The assertion that except for them, he would have "wound up selling used cars" is more than an opinion, it's a slander based on the facts of his military career.

I guess it's easier to de-scent a skunk when it's dead that it is to try it when it's alive.  Blather on all you want about how a pilot can crash multiple trainer jets and still be the top of his class and the most brilliant Navy Pilot to have walked the Earth, but it's not relevant to the fact that McStain was one of the most treacherous Senators in history. 

You hate Trump so much that you are willing to elevate that worm to the status of a god.  What a sad creature.

I know, I'm being unfair because your grasp of history doesn't get more recent that the Time of Christ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2020, 06:36:08 pm »
The assertion that except for them, he would have "wound up selling used cars" is more than an opinion, it's a slander based on the facts of his military career.

And absent his lineage NONE of that would have happened!  He would never have been accepted at  Annapolis, never been in Naval Flight School much less the Cockpit of an F-4 over Hanoi without the direct influence of his father and grandfather despite any of your BS.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2020, 06:39:54 pm »
----------------------------
Knox, notice how those 'torchbearers of truth' have no problem
resurrecting gossip, hearsay, innuendo and rumor, when they
ventilate their opinion about someone they detest.
For them, Facts left the room a very long time ago.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2020, 06:46:07 pm »
This statement from that article is false:

Unlike what was done on WW2 carriers, the Forrestal strike planes were lined around the aft deck edge. There was no plane behind McCain's A-4, and the F-4 from which the Zuni launched was not behind any plane. McCain was across the deck from the F-4, with his exhaust pointed out toward the ocean. However McCain started his engine, it did not cause the Zuni to launch, nor did McCain's engine ignite the spilling jet fuel from the A-$ the Zuni hit (another version of the stupid McCain-Caused-the-Forrestal-Fire Conspiracy Theory).
----------------------
Pete, well done.
You should conduct classes for some, about McCain!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2020, 06:54:14 pm »

:amen:

It's disgusting. And anyway, why piss on a guy's grave after he's died?

I have no respect for anyone engaging in this stuff.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2020, 06:55:34 pm »
You hate Trump so much that you are willing to elevate that worm to the status of a god. 
What a sad creature. I know, I'm being unfair because your grasp of history doesn't get more recent that the Time of Christ.
-------------------------------------------------
John McCain was a legitimate and recognized war hero; a Man of Honor.
Trump was a Vietnam draft dodger, fraud and hustler; a Narcissist w/o Honor or Integrity.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2020, 06:55:59 pm »
----------------------
Pete, well done.
You should conduct classes for some, about McCain!

I agree with Pete's analysis of the Forrestal incident, and I also think McStain was the most treacherous US Senator ever. You have yet to refute the fact I've been closely watching McStain in action for the 40 years I've lived in first his Congressional District, and then Senator. 

I find your deliberate neglect of his record as a Politician personally insulting.  What would you do, if you were a Moderator of this Forum?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2020, 06:57:41 pm »
Trump was a Vietnam draft dodger, fraud and hustler; a Narcissist w/o Honor or Integrity.

:amen:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2020, 06:58:09 pm »

Irrelevant. You have yet to say one single word on McStain's behavior in elected office.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2020, 06:59:24 pm »
Irrelevant. You have yet to say one single word on McStain's behavior in elected office.

No one in GOP has ever mastered the art of back stabbing more than McCain.  Rather than talk about him, we should just forget about the jerk.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2020, 07:03:02 pm »
A false and disgusting claim from 2008.  But its a great indicator of someone's humanity and intelligence when it is brought up.  Offered freedom, he would not take it unless all his men went free with him. 

Sorry @Knox27 -- what you posted is simply not true .. well, if you believe the late Senator. 

In Faith of My Fathers, McCain admits to giving up intelligence to the enemy.  The section on this was very brief, with McCain writing he offered to tell one of his captors anything he wanted to know if they'd take him to the hospital.  He wrote he had no intention of doing so and thought once he got medical care he would be strong enough to withstand what awaited him for not giving up the secrets.  And then added, but "I was not".  He ultimately did give up intelligence to his captors, something he "regretted" to "this very day". 

I am not sure I can judge what someone does or does not do in those circumstances.  But according to John McCain, it's not a false and disgusting claim.  It's true.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2020, 07:03:30 pm »
No one in GOP has ever mastered the art of back stabbing more than McCain.  Rather than talk about him, we should just forget about the jerk.

I would, except Biteme wants to elevate members of the McStain clan to political operators in their own right.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2020, 07:08:13 pm »
I would, except Biteme wants to elevate members of the McStain clan to political operators in their own right.

Pedo Joe is just using them under the cover of a ruse that he is including republicans as an olive branch of cooperation.    Calling Cindy or Meagan McCain a conservative is beyond a joke, and only the most neophyte of a political observer can't see that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2020, 07:10:53 pm »

Megan as ambassador to Doughnutlandia?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2020, 07:14:36 pm »
Megan as ambassador to Doughnutlandia?

And Cindy as Ambassador to UK, the most plum of all Diplomatic assignments.
I will NOT comply.