Author Topic: Biden claims a 'mandate' to govern, calls for end to 'partisan warfare'  (Read 233 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden claims a 'mandate' to govern, calls for end to 'partisan warfare'
By Jonathan Easley - 11/06/20 11:54 PM EST

Democratic nominee Joe Biden on Friday said the breadth of votes he’s received so far is a clear sign voters have given him a "mandate” to govern, even as he called for calm as the count drags on in battleground states where he narrowly leads President Trump.

Speaking at the Chase Center near his home in Wilmington, Del., Biden was clear that he was not ready to claim victory, even though he has banked leads in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada as the number of votes outstanding dwindles.

Trump would need to win in three of those states to secure a second term, which is looking unlikely but not impossible.

Biden said he expects to win in Georgia and Arizona, two traditionally red states in the nation’s Sun Belt. He crowed about having rebuilt the Democratic “blue wall” that “crumbled only four years ago” when Trump became the first GOP presidential candidate in decades to win Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/524912-biden-claims-a-mandate-to-govern-calls-for-end-to-partisan-warfare
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden claims a 'mandate' to govern, calls for end to 'partisan warfare'
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 02:58:11 pm »
'Mandate for action': Biden says he's 'not waiting' to begin work on liberal agenda
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | November 06, 2020 11:13 PM

The results may not be finalized, but 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is preparing to govern.

"We don't have a declaration of victory yet," the former vice president said Friday in Wilmington, Delaware. "But the numbers tell us a clear and convincing story: We're going to win this race."

Biden cited his 4 million-plus popular vote advantage on President Trump and his leads on the incumbent in Arizona and Georgia, the first time a Democrat has performed well in those states in more than two decades. Biden, a 36-year Delaware senator, also talked up how he had "rebuilt the blue wall in the middle of the country that crumbled just four years ago," referring to wins in Michigan and Wisconsin, and his vote lead in the ongoing Pennsylvania count.

"They've given us a mandate for action," Biden said. "People spoke."

Biden added his top priorities were responding to the coronavirus pandemic, the economy, climate change, and systemic racism.

"I want people to know that we're not waiting to get the work done," he said.

Biden suggested he would speak again on Saturday, calling for patience but also hinting that he was aware of the partisan battle that likely lay ahead.

"The purpose of our politics isn’t total, unrelenting, unending warfare," he said. "The purpose of our politics, the work of the nation, isn’t to fan the flames of conflict — but to solve problems."

The prime-time address was scheduled at noon Friday, with the expectation Biden would be speaking as president-elect. Despite the campaign staging a victory-like address, the presidential race is still in limbo. As of 8 p.m. EST, Biden had 264 electoral votes to Trump's 214.

California Sen. Kamala Harris, his running mate, joined him at the podium but didn't speak as was originally planned.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mandate-for-action-biden-says-hes-not-waiting-to-begin-work-on-liberal-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 03:02:39 pm »
Bite me can bite me. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 03:13:09 pm »
Calls for calm and calls trump a trespasser who will be removed by force? that makes no sense.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 07:26:37 pm »
Every time I hear a Biden speech, I wonder who is writing it for him.

He certainly does not have the coherency to speak so eloquently,
or the character to even THINK such noble-sounding thoughts,
even as he mouths them only for the purpose of deceiving people
into thinking that he or his party have ANY decency!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 08:18:06 pm »
1. Biden will not officially be "President-Elect" until the Electoral College elects him President.

2. Regardless of the Electoral College outcome, Donald Trump is President of the US until the winner is inaugurated.

3. If Biden is elected and inaugurated, occupancy of the White House has no effect. Trump understands that and I do not think Trump would be stupid enough to refuse to move out.

4. If Joe thinks the past will be forgiven and forgotten, I think he may learn otherwise.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.