Author Topic: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan expects Trump will 'sack' Gina Haspel and Christopher Wray  (Read 182 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA Director John Brennan expects Trump will 'sack' Gina Haspel and Christopher Wray
by Anthony Leonardi, Breaking News Reporter
 | November 06, 2020 07:50 PM

Obama-era CIA Director John Brennan said President Trump might remove heads of intelligence agencies even if he loses the election.

Brennan warned that the president might remove the heads of agencies and replace them with officials who would "do his bidding."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to sack Christopher Wray as well as, maybe, Gina Haspel at CIA. And to install people who are going to try to do his bidding for him," Brennan told MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace. "And so, that's why I do believe this is a very dangerous time because as your previous guests have said, Donald Trump is not used to losing at all."

"He still retains the power of the presidency until noon on Jan. 20, and so, he can do a lot of damage domestically as well as internationally," he continued.

Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin earlier reported that "Trump might fire Defense Secretary Mark Esper, as early as today. Maybe CIA Director Gina Haspel too." He added: "Some officials say FBI Director Chris Wray was also on the list, but other officials say Wray has been taken off the list and is now expected to stay."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/ex-cia-director-john-brennan-expects-trump-will-sack-gina-haspel-and-christopher-wray
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sure that when Brennan says "do his bidding" he means declassifying and releasing ALL the documents the president has ordered released unredacted.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online The_Reader_David

In as much as the entire "Russia collusion" witchhunt, plenty of already declassified and published communications within the FBI and CIA, the judgment of the FISC that they had been snookered by a corrupt FBI, Brennan's bald-faced lying to Congress in the face of Snowden's revelations, and for that matter the contents of Snowden's revelations, have shown that our intelligence services have decided they are a law unto themselves, not really accountable to elected officials of either party, I think Trump should not sack any of his own appointees (why create openings for Biden to fill?) but should pardon everyone convicted as a result of the "Russia collusion" witchhunt (even if their conviction looks sound), Edward Snowdon, and anyone recently convicted of violating the statute on the handling of classified materials which Hillary Clinton manifestly violated but got a pass on by Comey creating an absurd mens rea standard for a statute which criminalized negligence -- especially the guy who tried to save his platoon by using the only communication tool he had, Yahoo! Mail, to send a warning that included some classified intel, who kept being brought up as an example of how that law not applied to HRC was ruthlessly applied to "little people."

On the other hand, if he wants to add to that declassifying a lot of material that would show malfeasance on the part of the intelligence services to what would both be a service to American liberty and personal revenge, and can't get the current office holders who'd do it to do so, he probably should sack them and appoint acting personnel who will do it.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.