Author Topic: Florida voters back raising minimum wage to $15 over 6 years  (Read 377 times)

Offline libertybele

Florida voters back raising minimum wage to $15 over 6 years
« on: November 04, 2020, 10:28:46 pm »
I can't believe this passed!

Florida voters back raising minimum wage to $15 over 6 years

Florida voters on Tuesday approved raising the state’s minimum wage to $15 an hour over the next six years, which advocates say will lift the pay for hundreds of thousands of workers in the state’s service-heavy economy.

A supermajority of Florida voters approved the amendment to the Florida Constitution that will raise Florida’s minimum wage from the current $8.56 an hour to $15 an hour by 2026.

Although Florida’s current minimum wage is higher than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour, supporters of Amendment 2 had said it is impossible to live on that wage given the state’s cost of living.

Florida joins seven other states that have made plans to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour over the next several years.

For Lakeland resident Faith Booker, getting $15 an hour in pay down the road means she won’t have to work two jobs and she can spend more time with her five children whose ages range from 1 to 14. Booker earns $9.70 an hour as a cashier at a McDonald’s restaurant and $8.56 an hour in the same job at a Burger King restaurant.

“Oh my gosh … that will be a big change for me,” Booker said Tuesday night. “Sometimes I’m just short and have to pick and choose which bills to pay.”...........

https://www.winknews.com/2020/11/04/florida-voters-back-raising-minimum-wage-to-15-over-6-years/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

Re: Florida voters back raising minimum wage to $15 over 6 years
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:31:25 pm »
Inflation is coming.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Florida voters back raising minimum wage to $15 over 6 years
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 10:46:04 pm »
They will look into the votes for 12 days to see if it did pass.   Per FL law.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.