Author Topic: Hunter’s easy password ‘national security nightmare,’ laptop reportedly contained numbers for Clinto  (Read 734 times)

Offline mountaineer

Hunter’s easy password ‘national security nightmare,’ laptop reportedly contained numbers for Clintons, Obama cabinet, Secret Service staff
November 1, 2020 | Vivek Saxena
...  Hunter dropped a laptop containing highly sensitive data off at a computer repair shop in Delaware, and according to cyber security expert Chris Green, the managing director of Templar Executives and former head of Group Investigations at Barclays, this too was a big no-no.

Speaking this week with the Daily Mail, he described Hunter’s laptop escapade as a “national security nightmare” and warned it contains “classic blackmail material.”

Even worse, all this “classic blackmail material” was “secured” under nothing more than the following 8-letter password: “Hunter02”.

The treasure trove of sensitive data found on the laptop includes a database containing the contact information (phone numbers and email addresses) of over 1,500 people, many of them high-profile, powerful government officials:

Former President Barack Hussein Obama
    Former President Bill Clinton
    Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
    Former Secretary of State John Kerry
    Former FBI Director Louis Freeh
    Former President Obama’s cabinet members
    Etc.
Full story at BizPacReview

See also Daily Mail: EXCLUSIVE: National security nightmare of Hunter Biden's abandoned laptop containing phone numbers for the Clintons, Secret Service officers and most of the Obama cabinet plus his sex and drug addictions - all secured by the password Hunter02
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 1, 2020
Hunter Biden’s laptop was a national security nightmare
By Andrea Widburg

On Saturday, Britain’s Daily Mail reported that Hunter Biden’s laptop is a nationally security nightmare, containing contact information for 1,500 powerful or famous people, including the Clintons, most of Obama’s cabinet, and Secret Service officers, all of it protected by this password: “Hunter02.” This security disaster is all on Joe Biden. Despite knowing about his son’s drug problems, Biden still pushed him into business deals and did nothing to secure the critical information he knew his son possessed.

Let me take a moment to discuss Hunter’s drug addiction, which has both private and public aspects. In many ways, Hunter is a tragic figure. He was in a major car accident when he was two, which killed his mother and sister. Significantly, he suffered a severe head injury in the accident, which may have led to his later struggles with drugs and alcohol.

And Hunter has struggled. When you read many of the personal texts and emails from his computer, this is a deeply troubled, unhappy man. Like all such damaged men, he vacillates between delusions of grandeur and an awareness of his terrible failings.

Hunter is also a man who has engaged in debauched and, possibly, morally evil behavior. Despite his addictions, that’s on him. Still, were Hunter a person in a normal situation, those failings, even the moral or criminal ones, would be a matter of local concern, not one of national exposure.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/11/hunter_bidens_laptop_was_a_national_security_nightmare.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

It didn’t take much for investigators to crack Hunter Biden’s infamous abandoned laptop, according to a report, because the password was “Hunter02.”

The MacBook Pro’s hard drive — subject of a series of New York Post stories and under investigation by the FBI — had the lax and lazy password despite containing a trove of e-mails and other data relating to his father, Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden, the Daily Mail on Sunday reported.

The former vice president’s son had ample reason to be more careful securing the device, the existence of which was first reported in The Post, the outlet noted.

Among its contents were his father’s private emails and phone numbers — including the cell numbers for almost every member of former President Barack Obama’s cabinet, the Mail reported. ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I find it impossible to believe that the FBI or other intelligence agencies don't have a simple backdoor around "passwords".

I paid a Russian firm $39. about 20 years ago to get past my windows password, which they sent me with instructions on a floppy disc.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

I find it impossible to believe that the FBI or other intelligence agencies don't have a simple backdoor around "passwords".

I paid a Russian firm $39. about 20 years ago to get past my windows password, which they sent me with instructions on a floppy disc.

@DCPatriot
I can break a windows password in about 20 seconds, drunk off my a$$. You were screwed.

And no, the FBI or anyone else cannot break serious encryption. TrueCrypt - THE geek trusted encryption folded up shop because the feds made him put in a back door. But there are any number of newer versions forked off of TrueCrypt that are just as solid as TrueCrypt ever was. Anything over 128bit encryption is pretty hard to crack. Even some archives still have not been cracked yet. zip is a piece of cake - but I still have no means of cracking an arj archive.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

I can break a windows password in about 20 seconds, drunk off my a$$. You were screwed.

And no, the FBI or anyone else cannot break serious encryption. TrueCrypt - THE geek trusted encryption folded up shop because the feds made him put in a back door. But there are any number of newer versions forked off of TrueCrypt that are just as solid as TrueCrypt ever was. Anything over 128bit encryption is pretty hard to crack. Even some archives still have not been cracked yet. zip is a piece of cake - but I still have no means of cracking an arj archive.

LOL!  Well, I dint know you back then.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1