Author Topic: Check out the first conservative newsfeed and search engine  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Jvanz1983

Check out the first conservative newsfeed and search engine
« on: October 31, 2020, 05:58:12 am »
Hopefully, it's okay to post this here. I have created what I believe is the first conservative news feed and search engine. I actually made it for my friends and family. A place to find conservative news without liberal propaganda clogging up the results. I also indexed liberal news separate so you can see how obserd the liberal spin is side by side. Please try it out and let me know what you think www.sunlightsearch.com BTW it's in it's beta form, the results will get better as the algorithm learns what to prioritize. Facebook has completely crushed everything regarding this so please help me share it.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Check out the first conservative newsfeed and search engine
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 05:48:18 pm »
You know you're making it difficult for liberals to lie to their hearts content!
 :2popcorn: :seeya:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 06:06:44 pm »
   Thanks for sharing @Jvanz1983 and Welcome to TBR.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 06:31:40 pm »
A good endeavor.  Although it would be acceptable as a starting point in the beta version, I hope it will classify the news on some more subtle basis than the usual editorial spin of the publication in which it appeared, and will manage to double list the rare examples of truly objective journalism in both columns. (Glenn Greenwald is thrust into the limelight as an exemplar of that nearly abandoned ideal by recent events, but surprisingly I have found the LA Times, for all the loony-leftism on its editorial pages, does a good job of straight news reporting, as does Agence France Press.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 06:38:45 pm »
Added to my bookmark bar. I'll check it out.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 08:59:30 pm »
   Thanks for sharing @Jvanz1983 and Welcome to TBR.

@Jvanz1983, please also join in our discussions!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 09:03:00 pm »
Hopefully, it's okay to post this here. I have created what I believe is the first conservative news feed and search engine. I actually made it for my friends and family. A place to find conservative news without liberal propaganda clogging up the results. I also indexed liberal news separate so you can see how obserd the liberal spin is side by side. Please try it out and let me know what you think www.sunlightsearch.com BTW it's in it's beta form, the results will get better as the algorithm learns what to prioritize. Facebook has completely crushed everything regarding this so please help me share it.

Hi there!  Thanks for the info.  Welcome to the Briefing Room.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 10:51:39 pm »

@Jvanz1983

A problem you may want to take a look at are the results pages?
'Snippets' under the results page are way too much.

An example ...

https://sunlightsearch.com/search/?q=trump&num=15&ex_q=label%3aconservative&sdh=&pn=1
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 10:55:17 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 01:07:30 am »
Needs work.  The top hit on a search for Nice attacks was headlined "Top pro-Trump super PAC takes aim at Biden in $10M final push".
One had to go down to the fifth story listed on the conservative side to find anything relevant, and none of the three liberal side stories listed were relevant.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 04:02:13 am »
Good job.

Jvanz1983,   You are doing...SOMETHING...to help America.  Not just complaining a lot. 

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 08:12:49 pm »
Thank you
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 01:14:34 am »
Hopefully, it's okay to post this here.

You have posted this in other forums on the day you joined and yet .. when people have responded they get no acknowledgements from you?

Should we expect you to return?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 01:32:04 am »
    I agree @mrclose
   We hold a small Briefathon each year to allow Myst to keep the ADS the hell away.

In @Jvanz1983 defense It took me two years of lurching to finally wade into the water here, not only is it cold, it's deep.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 03:08:52 am »
    I agree @mrclose
   We hold a small Briefathon each year to allow Myst to keep the ADS the hell away.

LEGIT. We promote stuff from active members... ACTIVE being the important distinguishing mark.

In @Jvanz1983 defense It took me two years of lurching to finally wade into the water here, not only is it cold, it's deep.

Doesn't matter. Without his active participation this is just spam.

Offline Jvanz1983

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 04:31:41 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Regarding my delayed response, I live in Biloxi and we were hit with a hurricane so power has been out for days. But lots of great suggestions, Im working hard to improve things! It's a massive undertaking for just myself and my one other person.

Offline dancer

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 07:53:24 am »

Welcome aboard!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 08:43:15 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Regarding my delayed response, I live in Biloxi and we were hit with a hurricane so power has been out for days. But lots of great suggestions, Im working hard to improve things! It's a massive undertaking for just myself and my one other person.

Well if it fails, you can always rename it to Biloxi Bomber II... good luck with your project. I will give it a try.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 02:25:52 pm »

Welcome! glad to see you came back around, and I am sorry for your troubles.  :beer:

Offline Jvanz1983

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 04:50:17 pm »
Wow... Such an amazing group. I want to thank everyone again for making me feel so welcome here, my greeting has not been so warm elsewhere lol. I guess anything highly political tends to strikes nerves.

We have made several changes today and will continue to "tune" the search engines for better results, including pulling the Gatewaypundit (I just can't get it to digest and parse correctally).

Anyway, I welcome your feedback. The homepage is down while we address the "old" news problem but we are working hard to get it back up. Any suggestions on great news sites you guys would like to see indexed?

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 05:32:36 pm »
   A great Conservative news aggregate, a little too pro Trump for me but not as bad as Breitbart.

www.whatfinger.com

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2020, 05:37:10 pm »

Some people don't understand, things happen.  lol.  :thumbsup: