Author Topic: Urban Warfare and Military Ethics  (Read 208 times)

rangerrebew

Urban Warfare and Military Ethics
« on: November 02, 2020, 12:39:46 pm »

Urban Warfare and Military Ethics

John Spencer | October 30, 2020

In this episode of MWI’s Urban Warfare Project Podcast, John Spencer is joined by Dr. Deane Baker, an associate professor and co-convener of the Future Operations Research Group in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences in the University of New South Wales, Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy. He specializes in the ethics of armed conflict.

In the conversation, Dr. Baker discusses his research on military ethics and how ethical dilemmas present themselves on the battlefield. In particular, he explains why urban warfare creates a context that generates unique ethical concerns—concerns that remain unresolved and are of interest to both warfighters and ethicists.

You can listen to the full episode below or find it on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, or your favorite podcast app. Be sure to subscribe, and if you’re enjoying the Urban Warfare Project Podcast, please take a minute and leave the podcast a review or give it a rating!

https://mwi.usma.edu/urban-warfare-and-military-ethics/

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Urban Warfare and Military Ethics
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 01:15:53 pm »
Interesting topic considering.....

Ethics?  From what I saw this summer, ISIS and alQaeda is no different than BLM / Antifa.  I hope combatants realize that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.