Author Topic: HASC Chairman Smith: A Biden Administration Would Revisit Nuclear Posture Review  (Read 140 times)

rangerrebew

HASC Chairman Smith: A Biden Administration Would Revisit Nuclear Posture Review
By: Mallory Shelbourne
October 30, 2020 3:40 PM

An administration under former Vice President Joe Biden would likely reassess the nuclear posture review, according to the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.) said during a virtual event hosted by the Center for a New American Security on Thursday that, should Biden win next week’s presidential election, his administration is expected to take a second look at how the United States approaches nuclear weapons.

“I’m confident that the Biden administration – if it comes – is going to feel this way, that we need to reexamine the nuclear posture review,” Smith said.
“So we’re going to sort of reexamine that issue, and I don’t know where we’re going to come out. But I am quite confident that you’re going to have a new look at the nuclear posture review.”

https://news.usni.org/2020/10/30/hasc-chairman-smith-a-biden-administration-would-revisit-nuclear-posture-review