Author Topic: Trump plans to declare victory if he takes Election Night lead: Axios  (Read 4887 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Trump plans to declare victory if he takes Election Night lead: Axios
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2020, 04:19:21 am »
I've had good luck with beef jerky.  We have a nice teriyaki marinade.

Most of my jerky goes to pemmican

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:24 am »
Most of my jerky goes to pemmican

I never was a big fan of dried fruit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2020, 04:32:06 am »
I never was a big fan of dried fruit.

It ain't really... the fruit is ground into dust for most folks... that is how it preserves the best... I like some fruit chunks in mine. mostly blueberry and cranberry. It's mostly a brick of jerky you don't have to chew very much

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2020, 04:38:07 am »
It ain't really... the fruit is ground into dust for most folks... that is how it preserves the best... I like some fruit chunks in mine. mostly blueberry and cranberry. It's mostly a brick of jerky you don't have to chew very much

I have found I prefer the softer jerky lately.  Getting too long in the tooth.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2020, 04:45:37 am »
I have found I prefer the softer jerky lately.  Getting too long in the tooth.

That's why I like pemmican.  :beer: I still love jerky, but I have to suck on it a while.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2020, 06:21:59 am »
I've had good luck with beef jerky.  We have a nice teriyaki marinade.

Yes. I do that too.  I use real lean London broil. Remove all fat.  What meat do you use? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2020, 06:26:55 am »
That's why I like pemmican.  :beer: I still love jerky, but I have to suck on it a while.

I've made pemican.  Mostly tallow, rendered, mixed with dried meat, ( ground into a powder) then some blueberries for preservation I guess.
I still have it.  I made it as some back up food.  Then some hard tack.  Pioneer ways.  lol

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2020, 06:34:54 am »
I've made pemican.  Mostly tallow, rendered, mixed with dried meat, ( ground into a powder) then some blueberries for preservation I guess.
I still have it.  I made it as some back up food.  Then some hard tack.  Pioneer ways.  lol

Mine is mostly beef or bison tallow. The trick is to be pretty stingy with the grease... just enough to get it stuck together and no more. Too many folks try to stretch it with the grease, which sucks.... nobody wants to chew on a brick of tallow very much.

Hard tack is kinda a staple here... Many years in the trail and camp have left me more likely to use hard tack than crackers. Just made about 4 lbs a little while ago. The trick with hard tack is to use a round fluted cutter, and make fairly big holes in em... The fluted edge makes em way easier to bust.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2020, 06:51:00 am »
Mine is mostly beef or bison tallow. The trick is to be pretty stingy with the grease... just enough to get it stuck together and no more. Too many folks try to stretch it with the grease, which sucks.... nobody wants to chew on a brick of tallow very much.

Hard tack is kinda a staple here... Many years in the trail and camp have left me more likely to use hard tack than crackers. Just made about 4 lbs a little while ago. The trick with hard tack is to use a round fluted cutter, and make fairly big holes in em... The fluted edge makes em way easier to bust.

Good to know.  I will remember that.  I only made it once.  I agree. Less grease the better.

I do have a fluted cutter. I made them square. I will try fluted.  I have most everything. lol  Old world raised.  I need to make bigger holes, I think.  Do you dunk them in coffee? Or just break up to chew on?  I read you could add cinnamon, for a little flavor, after you bust them up.  I guess a little sugar?  or not.  They make good doorstops! 

I have poppy seed grinder and a hard wheat grinder.  All Manual.  I figured if I had to grind my own flour, I would not have electricity! 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2020, 07:01:06 am »
Good to know.  I will remember that.  I only made it once.  I agree. Less grease the better.

I do have a fluted cutter. I made them square. I will try fluted.  I have most everything. lol  Old world raised.  I need to make bigger holes, I think.  Do you dunk them in coffee? Or just break up to chew on?  I read you could add cinnamon, for a little flavor, after you bust them up.  I guess a little sugar?  or not.  They make good doorstops! 

I have poppy seed grinder and a hard wheat grinder.  All Manual.  I figured if I had to grind my own flour, I would not have electricity!

I use a chop stick to make the holes... sometimes have to flip them and run the holes in from both ways... big holes help it dry out in the baking, and also make em easier to bust (which you might note is a trend in my comment).

Yes, I have had hard tack and coffee for breakfast... tea works too.  mostly I bust em and float em in stew or soup... leave em in long enough they almost turn into a dumpling. And they are all I have for thickeing on the trail, so they work much like a flour roux... make a soup a stew if you can dissolve them alright (goes back to getting em to bust). Pemmican and hardtack in a cup of water will turn into an alright little bit of stew, less chunks or spice - kinda a bisque...

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2020, 07:12:20 am »
I use a chop stick to make the holes... sometimes have to flip them and run the holes in from both ways... big holes help it dry out in the baking, and also make em easier to bust (which you might note is a trend in my comment).

Yes, I have had hard tack and coffee for breakfast... tea works too.  mostly I bust em and float em in stew or soup... leave em in long enough they almost turn into a dumpling. And they are all I have for thickeing on the trail, so they work much like a flour roux... make a soup a stew if you can dissolve them alright (goes back to getting em to bust). Pemmican and hardtack in a cup of water will turn into an alright little bit of stew, less chunks or spice - kinda a bisque...

:thumbsup:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2020, 10:06:32 am »
WTF??  I wake up after 4-1/2 hours sleep to THIS??

Is this the Members' Lounge or the Elections 2020??

Eff your beef jerky and dried fruit.

@Cyber Liberty   WTF is @MOD8 with his/her tapping fingers?

"Come on, man!" ... Joe Biden
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2020, 11:11:56 am »
I wish there was a cat in the WH.

Socks was a cool cat. Millie Bush was a cool dog.

And Sully Bush, though he never was in the WH broke my heart when he lay down by  his dad’s casket.

As the votes get counted I wonder how the rest of this will now play out. Nail biting
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2020, 11:33:13 am »
Am so disenchanted about what's going on that I can't even find a single Pookie Toon that's the least bit funny this morning.

And there's no interest in turning on the television this morning for local news and weather.

There should be Open Season declared on the corporate media people who sit at the Boardroom tables.  They should know personal fear for their lives and those of their loved ones.  They wanna play?  Let's 'Play'.

Would love to see Jason Stratham, Sylvester Stallone and Mark Wahlberg star in "KILLER ELITE 2", where these mainstream media MFers are dispatched with extreme prejudice.

I'm going back to bed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2020, 02:00:32 pm »
Yes. I do that too.  I use real lean London broil. Remove all fat.  What meat do you use?

The same, London Broil.  Lean, lean, lean!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2020, 02:09:44 pm »
WTF??  I wake up after 4-1/2 hours sleep to THIS??

Is this the Members' Lounge or the Elections 2020??

Eff your beef jerky and dried fruit.

@Cyber Liberty   WTF is @MOD8 with his/her tapping fingers?

"Come on, man!" ... Joe Biden

Pie happens... :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2020, 05:07:42 pm »
Take heart people.  If St. Joseph of Delaware and St. Kamala of California wind up winning there will be no more Covid or cancer. Hurricanes, forest fires, floods and tornadoes will cease to be.  There will be no climate change and it will always be sunny in Philadelphia.  There will be a chicken in every pot and a pot plant for all.  MS 13 will be gone. There will be peace between the Crips and the Bloods and unicorns will fart candy!

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2020, 06:08:15 pm »
I woke up with a hangover (not from drinkin') and turned on the Weather Channel; a break from the news outlets and mayhem.  Can this be over soon??!!   9999hair out0000