Author Topic: SECNAV Braithwaite Calls for Light Carrier, ‘Joint Strike Frigate’ ; Sounds Alarm Over Chinese Naval  (Read 257 times)

rangerrebew

SECNAV Braithwaite Calls for Light Carrier, ‘Joint Strike Frigate’ ; Sounds Alarm Over Chinese Naval Expansion
By: Sam LaGrone
October 28, 2020 7:08 PM

Secretary of the Navy Kenneth Braithwaite speaks with U.S. sailors and Marines while visiting HMS Queen Elizabeth at sea off the coast of Flamborough, United Kingdom on Oct. 1, 2020. UK Royal Navy Photo

Navy Secretary Kenneth Braithwaite made a full-throated call for U.S. naval expansion, citing the growing Chinese Navy as the prime driver of the need for a larger fleet.

He said that while the U.S. was fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, Beijing was focused on quietly building its influence with an emphasis on naval forces.

“We then got caught in a war in the Middle East and that took our attention. We took our eyes off the ball, especially in the Navy,” Braithwaite said, speaking at an event at the U.S. Navy Memorial SITREP speaker series.
“We moved into littoral warfar

https://news.usni.org/2020/10/28/secnav-braithwaite-calls-for-light-carrier-joint-strike-frigate-sounds-alarm-over-chinese-naval-expansion

Offline PeteS in CA

“We moved into littoral warfare looking for a role for the United States Navy and we forgot about our commitments in deep water and so we’re behind and we’ve got to catch up and we’ve got to catch up fast.”

IMO, the push for the LCS after the Gulf War was an effort to reduce US power projection and to burn $$ by building ships of limited capability and no realistic purpose. That was my opinion at the time (the 1990s) and whether I was right or wrong, the LCSs have proved to be the limited-use moneypits I feared.

Beefing up the USCG with modern (and maybe larger) conventional vessels would have been a far more worthwhile investment. The LCSs that were built are poor reliability POSs, and the choice between partially rebuilding them into something useful or scrapping them is a pick-your-ugly choice.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It may be all over in Pac-Rim area if sleepy joe gets his new job and marching orders to help facilitate Chicom expansion. 

It is my wish that we completely reverse course, and greatly militarize Japan.  ASAP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.