Author Topic: We Soon Learn Whether Most Americans Are Any Different From the Masses Who Fell in Line With Hitler  (Read 124 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 We Soon Learn Whether Most Americans Are Any Different From the Masses Who Fell in Line With Hitler and Stalin

Is this the election when we throw 244 years of freedom away?

by Dov Fischer
October 28, 2020, 11:23 PM

Most Americans of all stripes flatter themselves that somehow we Americans are better than others. The sense that we are smarter, more civilized, built a greater country, just have something in us that makes us better because we live here. Even most leftists feel that way, quietly complimenting themselves that somehow they are better for being here in the America they hate.

We soon shall see.

Is there something uniquely corrupt and toxic in the German soul that explains Hitler’s rise? Maybe. But then you have to explain all the non-Jewish Germans like Oskar Schindler who risked and gave their lives to save Jews while some others of non-German heritage in America identified with Hitler and Nazism — as still is true even today. To this day, one of the finest souls I ever have met is a man whose ancestry traces to Germany, who practiced complex massive litigation with me at the world-famous Jones Day law firm, actually was part-mentor and part-colleague in his role as Of Counsel and specializing in the law of government contracts, and who now is a Republican mayor of a city in Missouri. I love the guy to the deepest depths of my heart. When my beloved precious Ellen of blessed memory passed in July, he read my memorial to her in these pages and mailed me a hard copy of a photograph he and his beautiful kind-hearted wife, Debra, had taken of Ellen and me at their wedding nearly two decades ago. That photo now occupies an honored place in my home, resting right at the two candlesticks where she would light the Shabbat candles every Friday night 18 minutes before sunset.

Well, he’s of German descent. No one is going to convince me that his soul is less pure and kind and loving than that of the finest American-born citizen or Mayflower-arrived American in Plymouth Rock.

more
https://spectator.org/americans-election-hitler-stalin/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34