Author Topic: Escape from Paris: City is gridlocked as tens of thousands flee...  (Read 795 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Escape from Paris: City is gridlocked as tens of thousands flee, stations are packed, violent protests break out and shelves are stripped ahead of month-long lockdown that BANS travel
By JACK WRIGHT FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 20:03 EDT, 29 October 2020 | UPDATED: 06:35 EDT, 30 October 2020

Tens of thousands of Parisians last night caused massive traffic jams in a desperate attempt to flee the French capital ahead of the start of Emmanuel Macron's new national shutdown.

Video posted to Twitter shows huge numbers of Parisians attempting a mass exodus out of the city in a bid to avoid the 9pm curfew and the start of the second lockdown from midnight.

The night air was filled with the sound of blaring car horns while social media users estimated that Parisians had created 'hundreds of miles' of gridlock to escape to their second homes in the country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8895437/Coronavirus-France-Gridlock-thousands-try-flee-Paris-ahead-new-month-long-lockdown.html
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Escape from Paris: City is gridlocked as tens of thousands flee...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 11:53:07 am »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:57:43 am »
Someone said on another thread they had lovely memories of  visiting France.

I have lovely memories of visiting Paris, and was hoping to go back again someday. Probably won’t happen but I have my memories.

J’adore Paris.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 12:03:15 pm »

I have lovely memories of visiting Paris, and was hoping to go back again someday. Probably won’t happen but I have my memories.

J’adore Paris.
I know I mentioned here the other day how much we've enjoyed visiting France. Although we prefer the countryside and small cities, we also loved Paris and have great memories of our trips. We've even driven on that roadway that encircles the city (the périphérique) and it was bad enough with regular traffic! France is destroying itself, between the terrorist "immigrants" and this ridiculous virus policy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 12:20:31 pm »
I know I mentioned here the other day how much we've enjoyed visiting France. Although we prefer the countryside and small cities, we also loved Paris and have great memories of our trips. We've even driven on that roadway that encircles the city (the périphérique) and it was bad enough with regular traffic! France is destroying itself, between the terrorist "immigrants" and this ridiculous virus policy.

I wanted to see more of France. All I saw was Paris and the airport. I’ve been learning French on the Duolingo app since July 2019 in advance of a trip I was planning for the future. I was hoping to see more of France and more of Italy besides Rome.

@mountaineer

(Maybe I can go see the West instead when this is over. )

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 12:45:31 pm »
@Gefn We have enjoyed our driving trips through Normandy, the Alsace and Provence (all on different visits). We had our 12 y/o niece with us in Provence, so we incorporated a lot of educational, historical things like Glanum, the coliseum at Nimes, etc. On the other trips, we've look for WWI and WWII sites. Not far from Verdun, we found the tiny village where my grandfather was mustard-gassed on Nov. 10, 1918. On our last trip to France, we visited the little 13th century churches where some of my ancestors were baptized and also visited a Nazi concentration camp in a scenic mountain setting (who knew?).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 12:51:04 pm »
@Gefn We have enjoyed our driving trips through Normandy, the Alsace and Provence (all on different visits). We had our 12 y/o niece with us in Provence, so we incorporated a lot of educational, historical things like Glanum, the coliseum at Nimes, etc. On the other trips, we've look for WWI and WWII sites. Not far from Verdun, we found the tiny village where my grandfather was mustard-gassed on Nov. 10, 1918. On our last trip to France, we visited the little 13th century churches where some of my ancestors were baptized and also visited a Nazi concentration camp in a scenic mountain setting (who knew?).

I can do all of that but I’d 86 the concentration camp. @mountaineer

I just want the world to go back to some kind of “normalcy” now. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:53:30 pm by Gefn »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 06:00:27 pm »

J’adore Paris.
many other fine and safer places like Vienna, Budapest and many others that have not succumbed to the moslem insanity. I agree though that France has had much to admire. Well maybe they will have virtual reality tours of the Louvre and other sites to rival actually being there, perhaps even with aroma (smell around theater?) to give a realistic experience of a sidewalk cafe. It is very sad what is happening around the world but I am sadder still at what is happening in America with it's own no go zones created by fascists.