No plan on voting this year
2 (4.7%)
What? There’s an election?
1 (2.3%)
Other
15 (34.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: November 08, 2020, 11:53:41 am

Author Topic: Have you voted already? Or are you waiting til November 3?  (Read 11060 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Have you voted already? Or are you waiting til November 3?
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2020, 03:59:54 am »
Had to vote by mail.  Offshore from before early voting began until after election day.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2020, 04:03:38 am »
Had to vote by mail.  Offshore from before early voting began until after election day.

To me that is expat and acceptable.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2020, 04:37:13 am »
Voted in person early voting last Saturday. 
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Applewood

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2020, 07:59:30 am »
If yu want mailing or early fine. Makeup every excuse

What is a three percent error on a mailed vote? 4 or 5 million votes?

I thought members here valued human life..  I guess not..  Or maybe just the unborn..  The old and sick?  Not so much.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2020, 10:08:54 am »
I thought members here valued human life..  I guess not..  Or maybe just the unborn..  The old and sick?  Not so much.

Wouldn't be his first foot in mouth example.  Normally he means well. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2020, 12:27:29 pm »
I personally believe you should only be allowed to vote in person on election day with exceptions to the military, and expats. And employers should grant paid grace time to vote on that day.

Plan your Flucking life around your vote.

@bigheadfred

Lot of kids in college have to vote that way too because they go to school away from home or out of state. I did when I was in college.

My grandpa lived to be a nonagenarian in a nursing home and he voted by mail too. But that was in the 80s.

You’re totally right about employers making the day off with pay.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:29:04 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2020, 01:43:26 pm »
Did my 'in person' vote this morning.
Another vote for Trump.
And they did require picture ID.
Funny thing is the Uber driver on the way back was going on and on about how horrible Kamala is.
He said he voted for Trump too. So in a way, that's two for Trump.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2020, 01:54:30 pm »

I think there should be a higher standard in certain aspects of our lives and  there are instances where some things are too convenient.

I want every citizen to vote. People in prison should vote. It is a violation of their human right, to stop them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2020, 02:05:22 pm »
I think there should be a higher standard in certain aspects of our lives and  there are instances where some things are too convenient.

I want every citizen to vote. People in prison should vote. It is a violation of their human right, to stop them.
When you are taken out of society you lose that right.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2020, 02:10:58 pm »
Voted by mail the end of September.  Received word the ballot was received and "recorded."  "Recorded" does not mean it has been counted.  Whether it will be counted depends on the outcome of frivolous lawsuits over PA's mail-in voting procedure
@Applewood
@Cyber Liberty

Applewood, this is from Penn. election website:

"Once county officials upload the data that says they have received your ballot, your status in the tracker will change to “vote recorded.”  That does not actually mean your vote has been counted.  It just means your ballot has been officially prepped. Counting of actual votes — which requires opening the internal secrecy envelope — may not begin until 7 a.m. on Election Day, according to current Pennsylvania law."

"Of note: because of that time restriction, and the huge number of mail ballots expected across the state, results for Pa. will not be final on Nov. 3. They won’t be final on Nov. 4 either, or anytime up through and potentially past Nov. 6, which is the last day mail ballots can arrive and still be counted."

That Penn. law is the same as Texas.  Once the ballot has determined to be "legal", the Secrecy envelope containing the ballot, is put in a stack.  At some point, the Board will open the envelopes and, on election day, send the ballots to machines to count.

Your ballot will be counted as it has been determined to be legal.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:13:19 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2020, 02:26:08 pm »
When you are taken out of society you lose that right.

Most people  don't stay in prison. Who and how the government is run and run by determines the fate of prisoners to a degree.

Too many people think if you make a mistake you should and ARE a prisoner for life and that is bullshit.

As at October 2020, it was estimated that 5.1 million voting-age US citizens were disenfranchised for the 2020 presidential election on account of a felony conviction, 1 in 44 citizens.

Most people with felonies don't go to prison.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:27:28 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2020, 03:05:20 pm »
I think there should be a higher standard in certain aspects of our lives and  there are instances where some things are too convenient.  I want every citizen to vote. People in prison should vote. It is a violation of their human right, to stop them.
@bigheadfred
@Cyber Liberty

I have not read your state election laws, but it appears you are saying in your state, people in prison cannot vote.  That is the same as Texas, to wit:

There is a difference in "jail" and "prison".  People in "jail" are normally not yet guilty of a crime.  Since they are not "guilty" yet, they can vote absentee.

Those in prison have been proven guilty of a crime, and cannot vote.  Once they are out, freely out or under probation, they can vote.

Case in point:
We had two bad guys running the Democrat party in our county.  They were not the Dem Chairman of the county, that person was just a place holder for the bad guys.  One year one of the bad Dem guys signed up to run for Republican Chairman and my husband was the Republican Chairman of the county.

Both the bad guys had been convicted of crimes in the past.  I needed to know if the Democrat convicted criminal could run for office against my husband.  I went straight to the Election Division of the Secretary of State's office, to get my answer.  The answer was yes, he could run even though he was still on probation.  His crime was sexually molesting an underage girl.  He got a few votes from Democrats who voted in our Republican Primary.  Oh, yes, when he signed up to run, there was a notice in the weekly paper he was running, and he stated his experience was being a "CHEERLEADER" years ago when in high school.  This bad guy would follow my car when I left my house.  He knew everywhere I went.

A few years later, the other bad guy was under indictment having to do with sexual crimes in two different counties.  In another case, his daughter was put in prison for using a shotgun to kill her husband and his father, while they were sleeping.  After she did that, she went to her father's house and was arrested there.

I no longer live in that county.

I used to say, when living in that county, that people committed crimes elsewhere, then came to that rural county to live since homes were spread out.  That county is also part of the Sam Houston National Forest, and one can hide for a long time without being noticed.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2020, 07:06:06 pm »
@Victoria33

Thank you for the PA voting information. The big problem in PA is all the litigation over the state's mail-in voting system in general.  So far most have failed.  There is a concerted effort to sabotage mail-in voting here under a conspiracy theory that the system is fraught with fraud or will have fraud in this election.  But no one has so far proven past or future fraud. 

The one suit that might be successful has to do with a PA policy of counting mail-in ballots received 3 days after 11/3 so long as they are postmarked by that date.  The case made it to SCOTUS which in a 4-4 vote in effect ruled in favor of PA.  The plaintiffs want the decision reconsidered immediately, but the Court turned them down.  The state directed the counties to set aside any late-arriving ballots, but for now they won't be counted and might end up not being counted at all.

I did mail-in once before in 2008 after I had been hospitalized but still too weak to stand even for a minute, let alone walk to the poll to vote.  Some anonymous nice person applied for the ballot on my behalf 'cuz it wasn't me.  But back then the mail-in system worked because there weren't as many voters going that route and we didn't have anyone trying to sabotage the mail-in system.  I think this year the pandemic has caused too many voters choosing mail-in and the system became overwhelmed.  And this is on top of the deliberate sabotage going on.  Hopefully, the state and counties have derived some lessons from this year's cluster-*beep* and the system will work better next year.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2020, 01:00:34 am »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2020, 01:13:28 am »
Voted this morning in my nearest Fort Bend County, TX early polling place.  Courteous, clear and efficient poll workers, well-managed situation.  Significant activity but no waiting.  First time I've inserted a blank paper ballot into a machine, touch-screened my choices, then had the now-marked paper ballot fed back to me; then I dropped it into a collection box.

Mrs. HoustonSam told me on my way out the door "MAGA!"; she did her part several days ago.  Don't know whether I did that, but I did what I could to make America non-democrat, top to bottom on the ballot.
James 1:20

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2020, 01:32:57 am »
We had the same system in our WV county, @HoustonSam. It was new to me, but quick and easy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2020, 06:14:16 am »
So when they do the count in Pennsylvania on November 3rd, whatever the count is at the end of the evening, if Trump is in the lead, that will tell the Democommies exactly how many EXTRA ballots Biden will need to defeat Trump.  Only one word comes to mind....CORRUPTION!

The pollster from Trafalgar said the other day, Trump needs to get at least 4-5 % more than Biden to overcome the ballot stuffing by the Dems.  He thought the Dems cheating in PA was a certainty.

If I had my way, every judge in PA would be removed from office.  They are all corrupt.  ALL CORRUPT!!!

My wife and I have voted in person, both for Trump, both exclusively Republicans.  Also voted for Doug Collins, who is running against 19 other candidates.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2020, 01:55:36 pm »
@jafo2010

The problem with most of these lawsuits is that the plaintiffs have so far not been able to prove massive fraud will occur.  Unless they have, say, an email discussing plans to add votes to Biden's total, for example, judges have no choice but to toss these cases. 

Some cases have said that there has been voter fraud in the past.  I'm sure there has, but no one has been able to prove massive past fraud either. 

Then there are the allegations that mail-in voting causes or will cause harm to the plaintiffs.  In some cases the plaintiffs are candidates for office, but many of these cases have private citizens not running for office as plaintiffs.  How are these voters harmed by people voting by mail?  No one has put a gun to the heads of these private citizens to force them to vote by mail.  If they choose to vote in person, it's their right to do so.  So how does another person voting by mail cause personal harm to these plaintiffs?

We are in the midst of a pandemic.  You may not think so, but many others do including experts in the field of infectious diseases.  For some of us it is way too risky to vote in person.  My doctor has advised me that with flu season coming along with COVID, it is much too dangerous for me to go anywhere this winter because I'm old and have existing health issues.  Why should I and others like me be disenfranchised and have our mail-in votes not be counted because someone thinks there MIGHT be fraud in the mail-in voting system?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2020, 04:44:34 pm »
I need to change my previous response to 'voted in person with early voting'. 

I took my husband and 2 of my boys to the early voting location on Friday afternoon.  It was REALLY busy, but the line moved quickly.  There were several "First time voter!" call-outs while we were there. 

I don't think it's a stretch to think that turnout is going to blow any previous records out of the water.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2020, 04:54:06 pm »
@jafo2010

The problem with most of these lawsuits is that the plaintiffs have so far not been able to prove massive fraud will occur.  Unless they have, say, an email discussing plans to add votes to Biden's total, for example, judges have no choice but to toss these cases. 

Some cases have said that there has been voter fraud in the past.  I'm sure there has, but no one has been able to prove massive past fraud either. 

Then there are the allegations that mail-in voting causes or will cause harm to the plaintiffs.  In some cases the plaintiffs are candidates for office, but many of these cases have private citizens not running for office as plaintiffs.  How are these voters harmed by people voting by mail?  No one has put a gun to the heads of these private citizens to force them to vote by mail.  If they choose to vote in person, it's their right to do so.  So how does another person voting by mail cause personal harm to these plaintiffs?

We are in the midst of a pandemic.  You may not think so, but many others do including experts in the field of infectious diseases.  For some of us it is way too risky to vote in person.  My doctor has advised me that with flu season coming along with COVID, it is much too dangerous for me to go anywhere this winter because I'm old and have existing health issues.  Why should I and others like me be disenfranchised and have our mail-in votes not be counted because someone thinks there MIGHT be fraud in the mail-in voting system?

You seem to be confused here.... and conflating absentee ballots with "mail-in" ballots that are sent out by Democrats to anyone in a voting district.   There is massive fraud involved with the Democrats' scheme of "vote by mail" this election.... which is why they've been pushing it.   

This is NOT the same thing as voting by absentee ballot...which has been done since the Civil War days... mostly by US military.   You have to request an absentee ballot and you first have to be legally registered to vote in order to receive that ballot.   
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2020, 05:59:39 pm »

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2020, 10:05:22 AM »

Quote from: bigheadfred on October 30, 2020, 09:54:30 AM

-----------------------------------------
BULL. If they were people of good moral fiber, they would NOT be in prison.  Zero common sense.  Part of their punishment is losing their 'rights'.  WHO ARE YOU?   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2020, 05:59:39 pm »

@Applewood

Name ONE poster here that ever even hinted it was somehow wrong for the sick/injured/elderly to vote by mail?

Or anyone whose job or life circumstances have them out of the country or otherwise not able to cast a vote in person?

However,given the "honestly and self-respect" of the Dims,voting in person is ALWAYS the only ASSURED way to make sure your vote is counted correctly.

Not being willing to take a day of vacation time away from work to vote is not a reason. It's a lame-ass excuse.

"Going to wait until tomorrow" is not even an excuse. In most cases it is a lie because whoever says that is almost guaranteed to never get around to voting,and it is not only your RIGHT as a citizen to vote,IT IS YOUR DUTY!

Unless of course you vote Dim or 3rd Party. If that is the case,ignore all of this. Get drunk,beat your wife,or even better,the neighbors wife. Get involved in a high speed chase with the police trying to get away. Those are just a couple of the ways you can make yourself useful.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2020, 06:01:08 pm »
Wouldn't be his first foot in mouth example.  Normally he means well.

@catfish1957  @bigheadfred

I would be willing to bet the farm that is NOT the way Fred meant what he wrote to be taken.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2020, 06:12:27 pm »
@bigheadfred

Lot of kids in college have to vote that way too because they go to school away from home or out of state. I did when I was in college.

My grandpa lived to be a nonagenarian in a nursing home and he voted by mail too. But that was in the 80s.

You’re totally right about employers making the day off with pay.
[/b]

@bigheadfred   @Gefn

I TOTALLY disagree with both of you on the employer being forced to pay their employees to vote by giving them a day off with pay.

They are their EMPLOYERS,not their daddies. WHY the HELL should they be made to suffer financially in order to give all their employees a day off so they might,or might not vote? After all,there is nothing FORCING them to vote on that day,and it could be they had already voted by mail,or never had any intentions or interest in voting to start with.

Not to mention the FACT that mandatory paid day off to vote smacks of "vote buying". If you have to be paid to vote,you shouldn't be allowed to vote!

Now,if you want to make Election Day a National Holiday,I can get behind that one 100 percent.

In fact,it's surprising this wasn't done from the beginning,with an early day or two available to vote for essential employees who for whatever reason are unable to vote on the actual designated election day. They just take that day off to vote instead,and work on election day.

Elections are BIG national events. Why doesn't our state and feral government treat them that way by declaring them to be holidays?

@mystery-ak

Nancy,seems to me THIS would be a very good crusade for TBR to create and push/sponsor some way?

Maybe someone connected to TBR has a close political connection with a congresscritter,and get them to write a bill declaring election day to be a National Holiday.

Or start some sort of on-line petition?

This is a political board,so let's get political!