Author Topic: Disappointed in Senema's Vote  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Disappointed in Senema's Vote
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2020, 07:23:11 am »
That admits it... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2020, 03:01:43 pm »
That admits it... :shrug:

Back when she was running for the House (my district) she boasted about it on the home page of her campaign website.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2020, 11:25:54 pm »
Back when she was running for the House (my district) she boasted about it on the home page of her campaign website.

So, this raises the question or issue I have when it comes to discussing legislators.

I get that she may have touted this, but I would be curious to know if she has been pushing legislation or supporting it...or fighting opposing..... that is focused on this.

I worry that we don't watchdog these people enough to know what they are doing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2020, 11:40:27 pm »
So, this raises the question or issue I have when it comes to discussing legislators.

I get that she may have touted this, but I would be curious to know if she has been pushing legislation or supporting it...or fighting opposing..... that is focused on this.

I worry that we don't watchdog these people enough to know what they are doing.

At the time of the election, there was no Senatorial record, just what she promised on her campaign page.  You may be asking the impossible.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2020, 12:48:41 am »
At the time of the election, there was no Senatorial record, just what she promised on her campaign page.  You may be asking the impossible.

I realize that.

However, she did serve as a member of the House.

More to the point, the AZ GOP should be highliting their activity with critique (both GOP and Democrat federal legislators).

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2021, 12:03:44 am »
Sinema is making a lot of headlines these days.

Here is David Marcus' take.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrat-kyrsten-sinema-generation-x-david-marcus

One exchange with a reporter on Wednesday certified Sinema’s Gen X bona fides. When a reporter suggested House Democrats didn’t "know where you are" she said, "I’m in the Senate."

The reporter pressed, "There are progressives in the senate that are also frustrated they don’t know where you are." Senator Gen X replied, "I’m clearly right in front of the elevator."

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2021, 12:21:51 pm »
Here is Maureen Dowd whining about Sinema:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/02/opinion/kyrsten-sinema-congress.html

Anyone can get under Dowd's skin.....I am a fan.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2021, 01:20:29 pm »

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2021, 01:43:58 pm »
Sorry, I don't vote for activists nor badge of honor wavers.....
While I respect fellow veterans, that status does not qualify them for a vote of confidence in national decision making.
Same holds true with ANY candidate that waves rainbow/blm/sjw/et al flags... Not buying...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2021, 02:27:59 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2021, 02:29:46 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/02/opinion/kyrsten-sinema-congress.html

Arrgh.  Paywall.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2021, 04:02:37 pm »
Arrgh.  Paywall.

Here is the first part (I must not have used up my freebees....)

WASHINGTON — Just like the original Sphinx, the Phoenix Sphinx is blocking the way until those who would move ahead solve her riddle:

What does Kyrsten Sinema want? And why doesn’t she stick around to explain it?

Somehow, we have gotten ourselves in a perverse situation where Sinema and Joe Manchin rule the world, and it’s confounding that these two people have this much sway. As Hemingway wondered in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro,” what are those leopards doing at this altitude?

Sinema and Manchin are now directing what Joe Biden gets to do and deciding how his presidency will be defined. Some Democrats even worry that the recalcitrant pair could be helping Donald Trump vault back into the White House.

The duo has created such havoc on the Hill — with the fate of the whole country riding on what mood they’re in — that congressional reporters have come up with Bennifer-style nicknames for them, including Manchinema and Sinemanch.

Democrats were irritated at Sinema — again — on Friday. Even as Biden traipsed up to Capitol Hill to try to rescue his F.D.R. dreams, Sinema flew back to Phoenix in the middle of nail-biting negotiations on the scope of Biden’s social policy bill.

I meant to say.....

Anyone WHO can get under Dowd's skin.....I am a fan.

Of course, what you don't hear are conservatives pointing out that this is why the senate exists.....even though this is a prime example.

It was Manchin who pointed out that the senate exists to cool (and slow) down the house from doing something stupid (like spending 3.5 Trillion).

In fact, I don't hear much about the 10th Amendment from anyone.

Like her not....if you want anything close to fiscal sanity.....she is trying to help.

Some may wish that she'd cave so we have bigger bargaining chips.  A bill our grandkids will be paying for decades.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2021, 04:07:45 pm »

When you finally do, it won't be a fire cracker, it will an (__)xit H Bomb
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2021, 04:09:34 pm »

The NYSlimes doesn't do 'freebies'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2021, 04:11:09 pm »

WASHINGTON — Just like the original Sphinx, the Phoenix Sphinx is blocking the way until those who would move ahead solve her riddle:

What does Kyrsten Sinema want? And why doesn’t she stick around to explain it?

Somehow, we have gotten ourselves in a perverse situation where Sinema and Joe Manchin rule the world, and it’s confounding that these two people have this much sway. As Hemingway wondered in “The Snows of Kilimanjaro,” what are those leopards doing at this altitude?

Sinema and Manchin are now directing what Joe Biden gets to do and deciding how his presidency will be defined. Some Democrats even worry that the recalcitrant pair could be helping Donald Trump vault back into the White House.

The duo has created such havoc on the Hill — with the fate of the whole country riding on what mood they’re in — that congressional reporters have come up with Bennifer-style nicknames for them, including Manchinema and Sinemanch.

Democrats were irritated at Sinema — again — on Friday. Even as Biden traipsed up to Capitol Hill to try to rescue his F.D.R. dreams, Sinema flew back to Phoenix in the middle of nail-biting negotiations on the scope of Biden’s social policy bill.

I meant to say.....

Anyone WHO can get under Dowd's skin.....I am a fan.

Of course, what you don't hear are conservatives pointing out that this is why the senate exists.....even though this is a prime example.

It was Manchin who pointed out that the senate exists to cool (and slow) down the house from doing something stupid (like spending 3.5 Trillion).

Like her not....if you want anything close to fiscal sanity.....she is trying to help.

Some may wish that she'd cave so we have bigger bargaining chips.  A bill our grandkids will be paying for decades.

From the Slimes article:

That's pretty catty of the ugly Maureen Dowd.  Sinema's opposition to the bill is because of a "mood swing."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 04:12:04 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2021, 08:03:38 pm »
From the Slimes article:

That's pretty catty of the ugly Maureen Dowd.  Sinema's opposition to the bill is because of a "mood swing."

Yes it was.

But it wouldn't be consistent she didn't say it.

Dowd is an elitist who has no clue about the real world.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2021, 09:23:20 pm »
Yes it was.

But it wouldn't be consistent she didn't say it.

Dowd is an elitist who has no clue about the real world.

She has all the savvy of Anna Quinlan.  :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2021, 09:31:39 pm »

My favorite MoDo story is the time she ate all the Marijuana Edibles and thought she was going to die.  I'd paid money to watch that if it was on film.

Offline DB

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2021, 09:37:09 pm »
The old rule still applies!

Michael Douglas chose wisely...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2021, 09:57:11 pm »

More like Karen Ann Quinlan.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2021, 01:02:31 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2021, 01:05:02 am »
I would have wiped my hands on her shirt before walking out.

It was nice that the women next to her gave a courtesy flush...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2021, 09:32:09 am »
Am I the only one thinking that illegal alien just filmed itself committing a sex crime,and that is grounds for deportation once the jail term is served?

WHY hasn't this happened?

WHERE is the Societ of Women (the SOW Gang) on this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!