Author Topic: Disappointed in Senema's Vote  (Read 4947 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Disappointed in Senema's Vote
« on: October 27, 2020, 10:43:42 pm »
I have been watching Krysten Sinema as much as I can.

She's a democrat.  I get that. 

But it sounded like she was pretty moderate. 

More than that it has sounded like she is independent.

Her statement on voting no:

"It is the duty of all federal judges to consistently apply the Constitution and laws to protect the fundamental rights of all Americans," Sinema said in a statement posted to Twitter on Sunday. "After watching the Senate Judiciary Committee confirmation hearings, reading Judge Barrett's legal opinions and scholarly writings, and speaking with her directly, I am concerned bout Judge Barrett's inconsistent views on legal precedent, and how those inconsistencies impact her obligation to interpret and uphold the rule of law."

was very disappointing.

I would be curious to know how she feel abouts:

Kagan

Sotomeyer

Ginsburg (posthumously)

All three of whom voted in lock step for any ruling that favored left wing policy.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:44:46 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Disappointed in Senema's Vote
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 10:47:06 pm »
Well, to be blunt, unless they break out of their caucus, they are pretty much useless, despite whatever images of moderation they seem to project.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 10:51:23 pm »
As whomever wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes might say - there isn't an honest, independent democrat with integrity in the party, not one.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 10:53:07 pm »
I expected nothing better from "the first openly bi-sexual female member of Congress."  I lifted that from her website when she was a congress-whatever.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 10:55:03 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sen-kyrsten-sinema-to-vote-no-on-judge-amy-coney-barrett-confirmation/ar-BB1anBUw?ocid=hplocalnews

Here, she comes out against court packing.  I appreciated that.

I hope the GOP is working to find a good candidate to run against her (I know it is four years out).

But she is going to be a tough one to beat. 

In the age of extremism, she will be well entrenched if she really does continue to behave like a moderate.  During her time in the house she did show moderation and refused to get involved in causes in a confrontational way. 

She's not rich and does not seem intent on getting rich either.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:07:21 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 11:02:14 pm »
Hiker wrote:
"She's a democrat.  I get that. 
But it sounded like she was pretty moderate."

OK, son, take off the hiking shoes and get yerself educated.
She IS NOT "a democrat".
She IS a "democrat-communist". With all that implies.

They are ALL democrat-communists now.
To vote for a "democrat" is to vote for communism.
DON'T DO IT !!!

OK.
Lesson over.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 11:03:58 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sen-kyrsten-sinema-to-vote-no-on-judge-amy-coney-barrett-confirmation/ar-BB1anBUw?ocid=hplocalnews

Here, she comes out against court packing.  I appreciated that.

I hope the GOP is working to find a good candidate to run against her (I know it is four years out).

But she is going to be a tough one to beat. 

In the age of extremism, she will be well entrenched if she really does behave like a moderate.

She's lying about court packing.  She will do whatever the Rat leadership tells her to do.  Just look back a few hours when she voted against Amy Barrett.  That was very much against what her constituents wanted, yet here we are.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 11:51:53 pm »
I expected nothing better from "the first openly bi-sexual female member of Congress."  I lifted that from her website when she was a congress-whatever.

Do we really need to bring that into the discussion ?

She is a democrat....but appears moderate. 

I would prefer a republican......but I'll take her over a moron like Chuck Schumer.

I hope this does not get me disqualified from the board, but I have often said I would vote for a:

1. Black
2. Mulim
3. Transgdered
4. Female
5. That was homosexual

IF (Big IF) she she truly supported conservative principles. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 11:55:37 pm »

I would prefer a republican......but I'll take her over a moron like Chuck Schumer.

I hope this does not get me disqualified from the board, but I have often said I would vote for a:

1. Black
2. Mulim
3. Transgdered
4. Female
5. That was homosexual

She's been voting in lockstep with Schumer ever since the State Party came one vote short of censuring her for voting with Republicans 10% of the time.  Is that OK to "bring into it?"

For a few terms before he ran for the Senate she was my Congressrat, so I know what I'm talking about.  I've been watching her closely for about 10 years now, since she was a state legislature pup.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 11:56:11 pm »
Hiker wrote:
"She's a democrat.  I get that. 
But it sounded like she was pretty moderate."

OK, son, take off the hiking shoes and get yerself educated.
She IS NOT "a democrat".
She IS a "democrat-communist". With all that implies.

They are ALL democrat-communists now.
To vote for a "democrat" is to vote for communism.
DON'T DO IT !!!

OK.
Lesson over.

My hope is that we can have a discussion.....

I don't deal in absolutes like that.

I am a conservative.

I currently live in a district where we are dealing with a communist in democrats clothing:

https://www.google.com/search?q=torres+small&rlz=1C1GCEB_enCA882CA882&oq=Torres+Small&aqs=chrome.0.0i355i433i457j46i433j0l6.4301j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I am aware that the hard left are not to be trusted.

I don't see Senator Sinema in the same light.  I have not studied her that much.....but right now....I don't see it.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 11:57:55 pm »
She's lying about court packing.  She will do whatever the Rat leadership tells her to do.  Just look back a few hours when she voted against Amy Barrett.  That was very much against what her constituents wanted, yet here we are.

I think that was the point of the OP.

I was disappointed at her vote.

I expected better of her.

I enjoyed the tweet:

Tonight a black man swore in a woman to serve on the Supreme Court.

And the only people complaining about it were democrats.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 12:02:01 am »

1. Black
2. Mulim
3. Transgdered
4. Female
5. That was homosexual

C'mon. We all feel the same way - its not what they are but what they believe thats important.

Personally though I do have a problem with someone who brands themselves anything other than an American equal to me. It usually means they are inclined to fall for the left's pigeon-holing of groups for political effect.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:04:10 am by skeeter »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 12:03:25 am »
She's been voting in lockstep with Schumer ever since the State Party came one vote short of censuring her for voting with Republicans 10% of the time.  Is that OK to "bring into it?"

For a few terms before he ran for the Senate she was my Congressrat, so I know what I'm talking about.  I've been watching her closely for about 10 years now, since she was a state legislature pup.

Yes, that is exactly what we should be discussing.

You know more than me, but I did read that she voted with Trump about 50% of the time.

If that drew the ire of the left wingers (not liberals....huge difference) that is to be expected.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 12:06:06 am »
This was something else I picked up....don't know if she actually did:

As the August primary approaches, Sinema has pointedly demonstrated that independence in the clearest terms of any red-state Democrat this cycle: by announcing that she intends to vote against Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) as the party’minority leader should she be elected.

That quote came from the Daily Beast.....where the headline was:

Democrats’ Top Senate Candidate Kyrsten Sinema Basically Running as ‘Independent’ in Arizona

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 12:06:22 am »
I think that was the point of the OP.

I was disappointed at her vote.

I expected better of her.

I enjoyed the tweet:

Tonight a black man swore in a woman to serve on the Supreme Court.

And the only people complaining about it were democrats.

Well, I never thought for a nanosecond that she would vote for Barrett.  Not even a femtosecond.

As for the complaining...I'm sure there's a resolution being drawn up on the subject at the UN. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 12:09:04 am »
This was something else I picked up....don't know if she actually did:

As the August primary approaches, Sinema has pointedly demonstrated that independence in the clearest terms of any red-state Democrat this cycle: by announcing that she intends to vote against Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) as the party’minority leader should she be elected.

That quote came from the Daily Beast.....where the headline was:

Democrats’ Top Senate Candidate Kyrsten Sinema Basically Running as ‘Independent’ in Arizona

Do you really think that she would do that?  How many Representatives promised to the skies they would never vote for Pelosi for Speaker, and then voted for Pelosi for Speaker?

Nope.  She is not an independent actor as far as I could ever see, so her vote on Barrett is not surprising in the least.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 12:11:07 am »
C'mon. We all feel the same way - its not what they are but what they believe thats important.

Personally though I do have a problem with someone who brands themselves anything other than an American equal to me. It usually means they are inclined to fall for the left's pigeon-holing of groups for political effect.

I am a little unclear on the meaning of your post.

I have seen her as independent.

She was photographed clapping for Trump during a speech.

Look on each side of her...especially on her left (the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  who is running for VP....ugh).

I give her credit for being willing to go out on her own.

If she is being threatened, then maybe the GOP should reach out to her.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2020/02/05/arizona-sen-kyrsten-sinema-donald-trump-state-of-the-union/4665386002/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 12:13:40 am »
I am a little unclear on the meaning of your post.

I have seen her as independent.

She was photographed clapping for Trump during a speech.

Look on each side of her...especially on her left (the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  who is running for VP....ugh).

I give her credit for being willing to go out on her own.

If she is being threatened, then maybe the GOP should reach out to her.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2020/02/05/arizona-sen-kyrsten-sinema-donald-trump-state-of-the-union/4665386002/
I'm referring to your comment about perhaps being tossed off the board for expressing your tolerance. It reeks of the insulting media stereotype of conservatives.

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:14:26 am by skeeter »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 12:15:29 am »
Do you really think that she would do that?  How many Representatives promised to the skies they would never vote for Pelosi for Speaker, and then voted for Pelosi for Speaker?

Nope.  She is not an independent actor as far as I could ever see, so her vote on Barrett is not surprising in the least.  :shrug:

She did not keep her promise...but I am not sure who she would have voted for.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2018/11/14/did-kyrsten-sinema-break-promise-not-support-chuck-schumer-senate-minority-leader/2003049002/

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 12:19:28 am »
I'm referring to your comment about perhaps being tossed off the board for expressing your tolerance. It reeks of the insulting media stereotype of conservatives.

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood.

O.K.

Thanks.

Boards have different "standards". 

You learn as you go. 

Just for the record, I have much much more respect for conservatives as being tolerant.  I have not read of her lately, but Ann Coulter always used to chide the left....because once they talked to conservatives they found them to be real people.  I love a lot of Ann Coulters wit !!!

The left is for sure, tolerant until you disagree with them.  They are the authors of the cancel culture which pisses me off to no end.

The current garbage (and I really want to use other words) being pulled by Twitter and Facebook have me pretty angry.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 12:21:07 am »
Well, I never thought for a nanosecond that she would vote for Barrett.  Not even a femtosecond.

As for the complaining...I'm sure there's a resolution being drawn up on the subject at the UN. 

I just liked the way it pointed out the deep irony of the situation and exposed the incredible hypocricy of the left.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 12:22:52 am »

Just catching up here...

She's demonstrated she's perfectly happy to crawl into the pocket of one militant pressure group, so it makes me wonder just how many pockets are we talking about here?
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 12:23:59 am »
O.K.

Thanks.

Boards have different "standards". 

You learn as you go. 

Just for the record, I have much much more respect for conservatives as being tolerant.  I have not read of her lately, but Ann Coulter always used to chide the left....because once they talked to conservatives they found them to be real people.  I love a lot of Ann Coulters wit !!!

The left is for sure, tolerant until you disagree with them.  They are the authors of the cancel culture which pisses me off to no end.

The current garbage (and I really want to use other words) being pulled by Twitter and Facebook have me pretty angry.
The left's "tolerance" lasts as far as it services their agenda. Given the right circumstances a great many of them are among the most bigoted people you'll ever want to meet.

Thanks for your response.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 12:28:40 am »
Just catching up here...

She's demonstrated she's perfectly happy to crawl into the pocket of one militant pressure group, so it makes me wonder just how many pockets are we talking about here?

I am a dummy.

What pressure group are you talking about ?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 12:29:53 am »
I just liked the way it pointed out the deep irony of the situation and exposed the incredible hypocricy of the left.

Indeed it does!  Hypocrisy on the left is a bit of a target-rich environment....individual perfidies are easy to lose in the fratricide.

To be clear about something...I have no problem with "self descried bi-sexual" Members of Congress.  My problem with that has been her open embrace of one of the most destructive pressure groups in modern history, the LGBT bunch.  (Second only to the abortion industry.)  And to be honest about something else...there is nothing you have written remotely likely to get you concern from our Moderators.  We're not that way on TBR.   happy77
I will NOT comply.