Author Topic: Europe Mocked America’s Coronavirus Response – Now Cases Are Surging There  (Read 211 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Europe Mocked America’s Coronavirus Response – Now Cases Are Surging There

https://bongino.com/europe-mocked-americas-coronavirus-response-now-cases-are-surging-there/

Coronavirus cases are surging in Europe just months after the media pushed the narrative that Europe had the virus under control while America twiddled its thumbs.

European media leans even further left than American media, and greatly amplified the narrative that America’s response to the coronavirus had been an unmitigated failure.

To give just a small sampling of the headlines documenting the opinions of Europeans on America’s coronavirus response:

* Coronavirus: Europe Struggles to Adapt to a Post-American World – The Conversation, May 13
* How Did America Become a Pariah Nation of Super-Spreaders? – The Guardian, June 26
* Europe Experts Are Looking On In Horror At the Botched U.S. Response to the Coronavirus – Business Insider, June 27
* Europe Stunned by American Coronavirus Response as U.S. Approaches Five Million Infections – The Telegraph, August 9
* Europeans Say COVID-19 Revealed America as “Fragile,” Inconsiderate – Newsweek, August 8
* If the U.S. Handled COVID-19 Like Europe Did, 60,000 Americans Would Still be Alive – Fortune, August 5

I get no joy/satisfaction/whatever from the current worsening of things Covid in EuroLand. People are suffering and dying ... what's to like in that?! The US is doing significantly less poorly, at this point. That could get worse, or it could get less bad. Maybe EuroLanders should have been less arrogant in their confidence that they were doing better than the US ... just as US folk should now avoid the same sort of arrogance.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:25:18 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you have a highly transmissable airborn pathogen like coronavirus, at the end of the day herd immunity rules.

You can only lock yourself up for so long. When you come out, you're just going to have to deal with it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When you have a highly transmissable airborn pathogen like coronavirus, at the end of the day herd immunity rules.

You can only lock yourself up for so long. When you come out, you're just going to have to deal with it.
Especially with this virus. We hadn't used these tactics since the Spanish flu, and that virus swept through communities rapidly—yet was gone just as quickly, meaning the lockdowns only had to last a few weeks. Months-long restrictions have never been tested in Western society.

So, if the virus takes too long to eradicate, you end up in mitigation. Mitigation then drags that months-long process into YEARS. Our society is not positioned to run on half-speed, not being able to see people's faces or get even within range to touch them. for years waiting for this virus to burn out.

In the end, there is no fooling Mother Nature. Not even with Chiffon margarine.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So, if the virus takes too long to eradicate, you end up in mitigation. Mitigation then drags that months-long process into YEARS.

And that's where it swerves into whether or not this is being done on purpose as part of a larger political agenda.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

This is an opportunity for Biden to bring his plan for controlling the virus to the Europeans.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy