Author Topic: Barrett officially becomes Supreme Court justice as John Roberts administers oath in private ceremon  (Read 627 times)

Offline libertybele

So, I didn't realize yesterday that she takes two oaths; a constitutional oath given by Thomas and the judicial oath given by Roberts.  CELEBRATE!!!!!

Barrett officially becomes Supreme Court justice as John Roberts administers oath in private ceremony

Judge Amy Coney Barrett officially became Justice Barrett following a private ceremony in the Supreme Court's East Conference Room Tuesday morning.

Chief Justice John Roberts administered the Judicial Oath to Barrett, officially making her the court's 103rd associate justice.

"Upon administration of that oath, she will be able to begin to participate in the work of the Court," the Supreme Court said in a press release, adding that a "formal investiture ceremony will take place at a special sitting of the Court in the Courtroom at a later date."

Barrett's confirmation process quickly took place following her nomination. After the Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing and voted Thursday to advance her nomination to the Senate floor, Senate Republicans swiftly voted Sunday to limit debate on the matter before holding a confirmation vote Monday evening.........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barrett-supreme-court-justice-oath-john-roberts-private-ceremony
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Ya Hoo!  Celebrate Good Times Come on!!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLIgjB9gGw

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

I sure hope we don't come to regret this nomination like we have so many others.

So far, good job getting it done.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I sure hope we don't come to regret this nomination like we have so many others.

Being an Anthony Scalia favored clerk who was 1st in her class, the chances of that are SLIM & NONE!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

I am truly amazed and thankful that POTUS and the Senate got a justice seated in record time.  I think it helped that Trump had  compiled a list long ago.

There are no guarantees; she clerked under Scalia so I see that as a real positive.

The really important and amazing thing is that ALL the Senators (except for traitor Collins) came together with this President and get her confirmed and sworn in, in record time.  Even Mittens and Murkowski came through.   I am praying that the GOP maintains the Senate and we see them coming together on  lots of important issues in the future in order to make some much needed CONSERVATIVE accomplishments.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
America,and by extension the rest of the world,is a slightly safer place tonight than it was the night before.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!