Author Topic: Watch live: Senate votes to confirm Barrett  (Read 5591 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Watch live: Senate votes to confirm Barrett
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2020, 12:20:27 am »
   Thanks for starting this @bigheadfred   :beer:

Ditto.   :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2020, 12:21:47 am »
Sen Collins is the only Repub *No* vote

Part of me thinks Collins would have helped her reelection effort more if she had voted for Barrett ... especially after yesterday seeing the thousands of folks who showed up with 60 minutes notice that the President was going to make a stop in Levant, Maine.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2020, 12:24:05 am »
   Thanks for starting this @bigheadfred   :beer:

You are welcome.

SCOTUS Lives Matter
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2020, 12:24:56 am »

Make no mistake @DCPatriot I always thought of you as some kind of Prophet.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2020, 12:25:47 am »
Democrats heads are exploding all over Washington tonight.

On November 3rd, I expect they will be exploding all over America.

And I am going to be smiling from ear to ear.

Because I am sick to death of decent people being lectured, insulted and denigrated by collectivists who pretend to be thoughtful, peaceable and kind while practicing hatred, and scheming to "radically transform" the greatest nation in human history. 

And I will gratefully thank the one imperfect person who made the improbable, possible: Donald Trump.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:26:39 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2020, 12:25:58 am »
Quote from: libertybele on April 22, 2016, 09:32:24 AM

Glad you weighed in on this one (I see you as one of the more logical Trump supporters in here).  With all the Trump has recently stated, why don't you see him as a liberal??

Thanks, @libertybele

Was merely reacting to the thread replies as a whole.

I've said many times, that I don't care that Donald Trump is trying to appeal to liberals.   They vote too!

Hillary Clinton should be under arrest...not running for POTUS.  And many Bernie supporters share that POV.

To me, this election isn't about Democrat versus Republican.

It's Capitalism vs. European Socialsm.   It's the threat to the First Amendment (Fairness Doctrine), the Second Amendment (gun registration/taxation/confiscation) and the ideological makeup of the Supreme Court.

We all know what Hillary Clinton would do.   We aren't sure what Trump will do.

It's a no-brainer.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE:  I can do this all day....all week!    :yowsa:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2020, 12:27:12 am »
Part of me thinks Collins would have helped her reelection effort more if she had voted for Barrett ... especially after yesterday seeing the thousands of folks who showed up with 60 minutes notice that the President was going to make a stop in Levant, Maine.

I thought about that too..

It's all about getting re-elected not doing what they think is right or wrong..they have no integrity.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 12:27:15 am »

Make no mistake @DCPatriot I always thought of you as some kind of Prophet.   :beer:

@corbe    :beer:

It feels like Christmas Eve...and I'm ten years old!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 12:27:20 am »
You are welcome.

SCOTUS Lives Matter

Indeed.  Congrats as well to President Trump for nominating THREE justices!!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 12:36:21 am »
CNN is reporting that Roberts is going to swear her in tomorrow???   Thought Clarence Thomas was doing so tonight?  Why the delay??

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/amy-coney-barrett-senate-confirmation-vote

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 12:37:58 am »
@corbe    :beer:

It feels like Christmas Eve...and I'm ten years old!    :laugh:

I never got my Red Rider BB gun.

Just say'n
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2020, 12:38:20 am »

The Boxing Ring
« Message by DCPatriot on February 21, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »
Quote from: Lando Lincoln on February 21, 2016, 10:13:16 AM

Well, if this ultimately ends in a Trump presidency, all I can say is I hope he is everything I fear he isn't and he isn't what I fear he is.

Again, my friend, no matter what happens, it's better than Hillary nominating another 2+ SCOTUS judges.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2020, 12:40:09 am »
I never got my Red Rider BB gun.

Just say'n

Ahh....you would'a shot your eye out, my friend!    :laugh: 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2020, 12:41:07 am »
Ahh....you would'a shot your eye out, my friend!    :laugh:

I have heard that. :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2020, 12:42:31 am »
CNN is reporting that Roberts is going to swear her in tomorrow???   Thought Clarence Thomas was doing so tonight?  Why the delay??

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/amy-coney-barrett-senate-confirmation-vote

Justice Clarence Thomas will swear in Judge Amy Coney Barrett as an associate justice on the Supreme Court on Monday evening following her expected confirmation by the Senate.

“Justice Clarence Thomas will administer the official Constitutional Oath to Judge Amy Coney Barrett at the White House tonight,” a senior White House official said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/522834-clarence-thomas-set-to-swear-in-barrett-at-white-house
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2020, 12:44:01 am »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:55:45 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2020, 12:45:35 am »
DAILY GUIDANCE AND PRESS SCHEDULE FOR
 MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020

UPDATE: The President participates in a swearing-in ceremony of The Honorable Amy Coney Barrett as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States at 9:00PM.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2020, 12:46:00 am »
CNN is lying..swearing in is at 9pm est in the Rose Garden..
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2020, 12:46:19 am »

:yowsa:

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2020, 12:50:14 am »

There's no delay ... Thomas is swearing her in at 9:00 pm tonight.  From that moment on, she's a Justice of the Supreme Court.

There's always a separate ceremony at the Court for new justices and it includes a swearing in by the Chief Justice.

And then the put on their robes for a photo and then presumably get to work.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2020, 12:52:11 am »

:yowsa:

There is the Squad. Then there is The Pod. Feinstein, Pelosy...blue whales...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2020, 12:52:15 am »
Support the USO

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2020, 12:52:41 am »
CNN is lying..swearing in is at 9pm est in the Rose Garden..

They're being deliberately misleading @mystery-ak   --- There is the swearing in tonight which makes her a SC Justice ... and tomorrow there is a ceremony at the court (for all new justices) that includes another swearing in by the Chief Justice with the other Justices in attendance ... and a class photo.

@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:54:09 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2020, 12:56:34 am »

The republican senate has confirmed 220 federal judges nominated by @realDonaldTrump incl 3 Supreme Court justices w 2nite’s confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett This is another PROMISE MADE, PROMISE KEPT by Pres Trump— ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley) October 27, 2020

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2020, 12:56:36 am »
They're being deliberately misleading @mystery-ak   --- There is the swearing in tonight which makes her a SC Justice ... and tomorrow there is a ceremony at the court (for all new justices) that includes another swearing in by the Chief Justice with the other Justices in attendance ... and a class photo.

@mystery-ak

Don't know how much class Roberts brings to a group pic.