Author Topic: Watch live: Senate votes to confirm Barrett  (Read 5572 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Watch live: Senate votes to confirm Barrett
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2020, 12:37:23 am »
???  @Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure that @sneakypete was being sarcastic in that post.   :laugh:   He's a genuine MAGA groupie like us.

Thanks ... I did miss the sarcasm @DCPatriot

Sorry @sneakypete   ****cute kitty

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2020, 12:11:12 am »
All that Trump has accomplished gets wiped out if the Democommies win in 2020.  It is literally a life and death situation for this nation.  Biden wins, it brings death to the nation, and if Trump wins, he continues to restore life to this nation, which was proactively destroyed by Obama/Biden for eight years.

@jafo2010

I agree. Which is why I voted at the courthouse the second day they were open and accepting ballots. I figured they would be too busy the first day,and my bad leg keeps me from standing for long or walking far.

Took roughly 20 minutes from walking in the door,voting,and walking back out to my truck/

Now I can sleep peacefully knowing that if I die in my sleep,my vote will still be counted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2020, 12:14:11 am »
I tried, @sneakypete , I really tried to ignore this, but I must rise in opposition to "corrupt".  Donald Trump has been investigated down to his bowel movements.  Had there been corruption, Donald Trump would be in prison.

But you're so damn lovable, I've just got to forgive you.  :bighug:

@Right_in_Virginia

I agree,and all that only makes it sweeter when he wins again.

I can only hope that RINO's all over the nations choke to death on their own bile when he is sworn in for his second term.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2020, 12:15:46 am »
???  @Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure that @sneakypete was being sarcastic in that post.   :laugh:   He's a genuine MAGA groupie like us.

@DCPatriot

You can bet your ass on that one! Already voted in person at the courthouse in case something happens and I die before election day.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2020, 12:44:46 am »
@DCPatriot

You can bet your ass on that one! Already voted in person at the courthouse in case something happens and I die before election day.

Good thinking. Mighr be a good day to die the day after the election.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2020, 02:09:33 am »
Good thinking. Mighr be a good day to die the day after the election.

@bigheadfred

I don't think Trump is going to lose,even with all the Dim ballot box stuffing.

If he loses,look for a LOT of people to die,and most of them will be Dims.

Dims are only good and brave fighters when they are the only ones fighting,and they outnumber any white male opponent by at least 5 to 1.

Even then they wouldn't start anything unless they can sneak up behing you and sucker punch you in the back of the head so they can ratpack you.

My policy is the same as always. When I see them coming,I back up against the nearest wall and ask them to get together and decide who gets to die first,and to then "bring it,punks".

Somehow the 3 or 4 times I have done that,it seemed to make them hear their mamas calling them home for dinner.

Smart move on their part. Anybody that doesn't think I will kill them if they seriously threaten me is a soon to be dead fool.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:10:26 am by sneakypete »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2020, 08:33:54 am »
Polls were open for one and a half weeks, and I drove by at least once a day with the line 40-50 folks long outside, not counting the folks inside.  I just could not stand it any longer.  So, I stopped mid week last week, stood in line 45 minutes to vote.  I felt much better afterwards.  My wife was mad at me that I went and did it without her.  LOL

There were 20 folks on the ballot going after Kellie Loeffler's Senate seat.  I was surprised to see that!  The winner has to get over 50%, or the top two vote getters have a runoff in a special election.

I still believe Trump will carry the dead head Republicans across the finish line.  And once he is installed for the 2nd term, I hope he cleans house, purging 50% of folks in the FBI, DOJ, and about 30 other agencies.  And I think he should freeze hiring, and red shirt all positions.  No position is replaced.  Bush and Obama fattened up government to the point we could go five years without hiring anyone.

And get us the hell out of Afghanistan.  I understand being involved in Iraq still, but end the Afghan debacle. 

And if it hasn't occurred to him, he needs to restructure, CDC, NIH, and half a dozen other agencies whose bureaucracy is many times what it needs to be.  I think the time has come to restrict projects to those that are deemed necessary, and for those that fit in the nice to have but not necessary, jettison them, and the resources doing them, via red shirting.  Four years of frozen hiring will save billions.

And stay the hell away from healthcare until 1.5 years into the 2nd term.  Get some thing done without getting bogged down with that nemesis.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2020, 01:26:02 pm »
Polls were open for one and a half weeks, and I drove by at least once a day with the line 40-50 folks long outside, not counting the folks inside.  I just could not stand it any longer.  So, I stopped mid week last week, stood in line 45 minutes to vote.  I felt much better afterwards.  My wife was mad at me that I went and did it without her.  LOL

There were 20 folks on the ballot going after Kellie Loeffler's Senate seat.  I was surprised to see that!  The winner has to get over 50%, or the top two vote getters have a runoff in a special election.

I still believe Trump will carry the dead head Republicans across the finish line.  And once he is installed for the 2nd term, I hope he cleans house, purging 50% of folks in the FBI, DOJ, and about 30 other agencies.  And I think he should freeze hiring, and red shirt all positions.  No position is replaced.  Bush and Obama fattened up government to the point we could go five years without hiring anyone.

And get us the hell out of Afghanistan.  I understand being involved in Iraq still, but end the Afghan debacle. 

And if it hasn't occurred to him, he needs to restructure, CDC, NIH, and half a dozen other agencies whose bureaucracy is many times what it needs to be.  I think the time has come to restrict projects to those that are deemed necessary, and for those that fit in the nice to have but not necessary, jettison them, and the resources doing them, via red shirting.  Four years of frozen hiring will save billions.

And stay the hell away from healthcare until 1.5 years into the 2nd term.  Get some thing done without getting bogged down with that nemesis.

@jafo2010

Can't find a single thing you wrote to argue with. Especially getting our troops out of the Muddle East. Should have happened years ago. We need to cut off all aid to them,also. How the HELL did we get into the "paying them to promise to be good" business,anyhow? Them them to "be good" because if they irritate or threaten us enough,we will crush them like the bugs they are.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2020, 01:53:26 pm »

I'm pretty certain that President Trump will go much further than that in his second term WRT the size of government.  I predict that he will move to shutter entire agencies if he can (depending on the makeup of congress of course) finally fulfilling promises made by others in the past.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2020, 02:41:02 pm »

The Loeffler race is essentially a GOP primary race between her and Collins.  The higher vote-getter will face (and easily defeat) the Dem in the runoff next month.

The race that upsets me is my 6th District Congressional race.  I dislike both candidates, one of whom lives in Tennessee while the other is both arrogant and lazy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-