Author Topic: Watch live: Senate votes to confirm Barrett  (Read 5622 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Watch live: Senate votes to confirm Barrett
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2020, 09:46:48 am »
Sen Susan Collins votes NO for Amy Comey Barrett.  She is no Republican!  Better to have a Democommie in her office than to have a rat.  At least we can run a real Republican in the next election.

Collins must go.

@jafo2010

It was suggested last evening on FOX, that she is in the "fight of her political life", and that since the GOP had the sufficient number of votes to confirm Justice Barrett, that McConnell made a deal with her and let her vote "no".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2020, 01:47:37 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2020, 01:54:13 pm »

If Trump is re-elected he will get to make a fourth SCOTUS appointment.  Thomas will retire.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2020, 02:22:50 pm »
Helaine Olen
@helaineolen

Chris Cuomo just asked if ACB made a mistake allowing herself to become part of a political spectacle of her swearing in, and I am in my chair at home like LOL, you missed the point. She's understands why she received this appointment all too well.

9:26 PM · Oct 26, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/helaineolen/status/1320899529118371840

Zach Parkinson
@AZachParkinson

Yeah, Presidents never hold swearing-in ceremonies for Justices at the White House

9:38 PM · Oct 26, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/AZachParkinson/status/1320902607456641027

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2020, 03:24:50 pm »

@txradioguy

And in MY mind,probably the best part of this is that compared to the rest of them,she is practically a teenybopper. She is still going to be sitting there for years after I am dead and gone,making decisions that keep America,America.

Kinda get the "warm and fuzzies" just thinking about it.

Amazing how such a corrupt and selfish man (Trump) keeps making so many decisions and moves that will protect America and our way of life for decades into the future,ain't it?

Just imagine how effective he could be if he had been a life-long RINO insider professional politician dedicated to kissing ass and NEVER embarrassing his colleagues on the other side of the aisle, instead the rude,mannerless billionaire that he is! </S> (sarcasm,for those who are "reality-impaired")
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:30:16 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2020, 03:33:01 pm »
Sen Susan Collins votes NO for Amy Comey Barrett.  She is no Republican!  Better to have a Democommie in her office than to have a rat.  At least we can run a real Republican in the next election.

Collins must go.

@jafo2010

:yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2020, 03:36:38 pm »

@DCPatriot

Loving the HELL out of that one,as I consider the imploding vacuums of Dim heads all over the nation.

BTW,the photos and stories of the Pro-Trump marches and demonstrations in Beverly Hills have to be some of my all-time favorites.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing the political left get their noses rubbed in "it" in their own backyards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2020, 03:38:53 pm »
If Trump is re-elected he will get to make a fourth SCOTUS appointment.  Thomas will retire.

@Bigun

Let's hope Thomas stays there a few more years,and it is one of the remaining leftists that retires so Trump can replace them with another GREAT Justice pick.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2020, 03:40:40 pm »
@Bigun

Let's hope Thomas stays there a few more years,and it is one of the remaining leftists that retires so Trump can replace them with another GREAT Justice pick.

Thomas has been wanting to retire for some time and will do so when the proper opportunity presents itself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2020, 03:40:59 pm »
She so likable, qualified, smart that the dems really cannot attack her without looking like the pricks they wish they weren't.

Genius move.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2020, 03:48:35 pm »
Schumer is trying to set the table for court packing but is instead making an ass out of himself.

The gop did a better job of messaging this time, but they could do even better if they’d hammer the ‘the rats want an unaccountable super-legislature to mandate their unpopular policies, we want a court that will preserve your constitutional liberties’. Something like that but in soundbite form.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2020, 04:06:04 pm »
You really don't have a second gear, do you?   :laugh:

Obviously you don't either.   :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2020, 04:06:59 pm »
Schumer is trying to set the table for court packing but is instead making an ass out of himself.

The gop did a better job of messaging this time, but they could do even better if they’d hammer the ‘the rats want an unaccountable super-legislature to mandate their unpopular policies, we want a court that will preserve your constitutional liberties’. Something like that but in soundbite form.

Schumer is a complete ass and can't help himself.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2020, 05:07:45 pm »
@txradioguy

And in MY mind,probably the best part of this is that compared to the rest of them,she is practically a teenybopper. She is still going to be sitting there for years after I am dead and gone,making decisions that keep America,America.

Kinda get the "warm and fuzzies" just thinking about it.

Amazing how such a corrupt and selfish man (Trump) keeps making so many decisions and moves that will protect America and our way of life for decades into the future,ain't it?

Just imagine how effective he could be if he had been a life-long RINO insider professional politician dedicated to kissing ass and NEVER embarrassing his colleagues on the other side of the aisle, instead the rude,mannerless billionaire that he is! </S> (sarcasm,for those who are "reality-impaired")

I hope too that she enjoys a long and successful career at the SCOTUS.

However I don't trust the Dems and their militia to let that happen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2020, 06:29:18 pm »
I hope too that she enjoys a long and successful career at the SCOTUS.

However I don't trust the Dems and their militia to let that happen.

Agreed.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:48 pm »
All that Trump has accomplished gets wiped out if the Democommies win in 2020.  It is literally a life and death situation for this nation.  Biden wins, it brings death to the nation, and if Trump wins, he continues to restore life to this nation, which was proactively destroyed by Obama/Biden for eight years.

That lying POS Obama is on speaking right now.  It is good I haven't eaten yet, for he could easily have me tossing my cookies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2020, 06:35:56 pm »
DCPatriot, a question for you.  If you lived in Maine, would you vote for her if she did not vote for Amy Comey Barrett?  I sure as hell wouldn't.  The liberal/left votes she might pick up, she loses conservatives.  And frankly, I do not care for these type of weak politicians.  Just too many stinking RINOs in the Republican Party, and this weakens the party.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2020, 06:40:07 pm »
DCPatriot, a question for you.  If you lived in Maine, would you vote for her if she did not vote for Amy Comey Barrett?  I sure as hell wouldn't.  The liberal/left votes she might pick up, she loses conservatives.  And frankly, I do not care for these type of weak politicians.  Just too many stinking RINOs in the Republican Party, and this weakens the party.

RINO's certainly weaken the party but unfortunately we don't have enough conservatives at present to do battle.  This has become an ongoing problem. That is why I was so elated that the entire Senate (except for Collins of course) stood   together and got Barrett confirmed.   Collins is done and she probably cost the GOP the Senate .... not a good thing.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2020, 08:06:18 pm »

@jafo2010 Good question.

If I lived in Maine, I would continue to vote for her, because with a 51 total vote, the issue passes...whatever it is.

Why would I give the current insane Democrat Party a  leg up....unless it was my leg and I was pissing on them. 

Has she ever voted with the Democrats on important matters?  I'm not up on the specifics of her voting record.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2020, 09:17:34 pm »
On my walk I was thinking today that the nomination of Barrett by Mr. Trump, and the drama and excitement that was capped by her swearing in last night, provide a fitting climax for Mr. Trump's first term. And it proves why he has earned the right to serve another.

For all those who believed that he would never advance traditional-minded principles, for those who proclaimed he would never keep his promises, this refutes such arguments totally.

To the never-trumpers (some of whom inhabit this forum), this serves to repudiate them and reveal them for the "traitors to the cause" whom they are.

OK, then.
Onward to November 3rd and a second term...!

(And also, accolades are due to both Lindsey Graham, who guided the nomination through the committee hearings smoothly, and of course to Mitch McConnell, who delivered the votes in the Senate with a sure hand.)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2020, 11:12:56 pm »
All that Trump has accomplished gets wiped out if the Democommies win in 2020.  It is literally a life and death situation for this nation.  Biden wins, it brings death to the nation, and if Trump wins, he continues to restore life to this nation, which was proactively destroyed by Obama/Biden for eight years.

That lying POS Obama is on speaking right now.  It is good I haven't eaten yet, for he could easily have me tossing my cookies.

I was going to start this thread when Schumer was assificating. I could barely watch and there was no inflicting it on you. 

Mcconell spoke well, IMO.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2020, 11:25:59 pm »
@txradioguy

I tried, @sneakypete , I really tried to ignore this, but I must rise in opposition to "corrupt".  Donald Trump has been investigated down to his bowel movements.  Had there been corruption, Donald Trump would be in prison.

But you're so damn lovable, I've just got to forgive you.  :bighug:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2020, 11:44:20 pm »
I tried, @sneakypete , I really tried to ignore this, but I must rise in opposition to "corrupt".  Donald Trump has been investigated down to his bowel movements.  Had there been corruption, Donald Trump would be in prison.

???  @Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure that @sneakypete was being sarcastic in that post.   :laugh:   He's a genuine MAGA groupie like us.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2020, 11:58:52 pm »
???  @Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure that @sneakypete was being sarcastic in that post.   :laugh:   He's a genuine MAGA groupie like us.

I agree with you on this.  He forgot this:

:sarc:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2020, 12:17:54 am »

I sensed sarcasm in pete's post.