Author Topic: Breaking: Rasmussen now has Trump +1 in General Election  (Read 1724 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Breaking: Rasmussen now has Trump +1 in General Election
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2020, 01:52:10 pm »
Since 2000, we have been bombarded with the slogan, "As Ohio goes, so goes the country."  Bush won Ohio in 2000 and 2004.  Obama in 2008 and 2012.  Trump in 2016.  But this year, the press is completely silent about Ohio - a state that Trump leads in the polls.  Go figure.

Biden is in deeper doo doo that the complicit MSM and pollsters are letting on.  That is why Raz is about the only one of these that I feel have any credibility at all.  Watch the bastard media pundit's faces.  It's one of sorrow and fear.  We used to rag on Pravda as the state run media.  It's as bad or worse here now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online rustynail

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2020, 01:54:25 pm »
Heard on local radio the Ohio tyrant Dewine may close the polls as he did for the primary.

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2020, 02:13:36 pm »
It hurts to imagine how the press will deify her.  Big K's picture will be everywhere there

will be no escape from her face and voice.  It will be a hell.

OMG that voice is truly cringeworthy!  I read an article recently remarking on her really happy, giddy demeanor out on the campaign trail; she's having a blast.  The article goes on to say that the empathy and concern for citizens that dems promote themselves to have is trumped (pun intended) by this gal's odd "dancing campaign" in front of very few people....    Weird.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2020, 03:32:11 pm »

That's a tough play to call... Most of the oil industry is in red states, and won't make a difference in the numbers... Similar to rabble rousing in blue cities... It may galvanize those cities, but they were blue anyway from the get-go

I don't believe Texas was ever in jeopardy... So galvanizing the oil vote may bring out more red, but the state was red all along.

PENN, YES.
OHIO, YES.

But otherwise, probably wouldn't matter anyhow.

Even so, your statement has weight. Messin with the numbers in swing states will be what matters.

RCP average has Trump ahead in ohio.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »
Rasumussen must be on daily mode now.....   Today +2 Biden.  MOE-wise,,,  pretty much the same number.

GOTV is at its most criticality at this exact moment.  Slow Joe must not be POTUS for the sake of our future.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2020, 07:38:52 pm »
I'm not quite sure why people in here are even paying attention to the polls -- they haven't been accurate in a very long time and several election cycles.  Not even close.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2020, 07:42:40 pm »
Since 2000, we have been bombarded with the slogan, "As Ohio goes, so goes the country."  Bush won Ohio in 2000 and 2004.  Obama in 2008 and 2012.  Trump in 2016.  But this year, the press is completely silent about Ohio - a state that Trump leads in the polls.  Go figure.

I don't doubt any of that at all.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2020, 07:44:30 pm »
I'm not quite sure why people in here are even paying attention to the polls -- they haven't been accurate in a very long time and several election cycles.  Not even close.

That's right.   pointing-up
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2020, 07:55:33 pm »
RCP average has Trump ahead in ohio.

No doubt he is ahead in a lot of places, to include swing states. We'll get a better feel for it as it comes down to the wire, and pollsters have to reign in the numbers to something approaching reality.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2020, 08:15:57 pm »
No doubt he is ahead in a lot of places, to include swing states. We'll get a better feel for it as it comes down to the wire, and pollsters have to reign in the numbers to something approaching reality.

You've been talking for some time about how we've been rewarding mediocrity in our Republican politicians, so why should we accept it from these biased pollsters?  I'm not going to suddenly start believing their BS because it's close to an election.  And how "close" does that have to be, anyway?  Pollsters were predicting a Clinton win at 9PM on election night, '16.   22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2020, 08:26:13 pm »
You've been talking for some time about how we've been rewarding mediocrity in our Republican politicians, so why should we accept it from these biased pollsters?  I'm not going to suddenly start believing their BS because it's close to an election.  And how "close" does that have to be, anyway?  Pollsters were predicting a Clinton win at 9PM on election night, '16.   22222frying pan

She DID win, according to the popular vote, which is more reflected in the polls. Like I said upthread, it looks like a big miss according to the red/blue board - But a lot of those states on the electoral map were a close call. I readily admit their bias remained, even to the end, calling every lean for Clinton right to the end.

I think at the end, the pollsters were pretty close. But that's my point too - they don't matter at the end. The only poll that matters by then is in November.

What matters is that they're jackin with the numbers along the way, trying to influence the race. THAT is why I pay them no mind.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2020, 08:55:33 pm »
What matters is that they're jackin with the numbers along the way, trying to influence the race. THAT is why I pay them no mind.

THIS!   pointing-up pointing-up pointing-up  This is the point I'm making.  If the only time the numbers are any good is after the polls are closed, then they are worse than worthless all they way up to that point, and that's when they would have mattered.

They don't get credit for being right when they were wrong when it mattered.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2020, 09:04:59 pm »
THIS!   pointing-up pointing-up pointing-up  This is the point I'm making.  If the only time the numbers are any good is after the polls are closed, then they are worse than worthless all they way up to that point, and that's when they would have mattered.

They don't get credit for being right when they were wrong when it mattered.

That's right. And I never have paid em any mind. I am just stating a reality. Polls are always, always beefed to favor Democrats, until they can't be anymore... The last two weeks to a month before the election are where you see that. Invariably, they start jiggerin their jacked up numbers back down to be in line with reality. They can't just change the week before the election... it has to be an easy decline... let the air out slow... That is a well worn pattern.

Anyone who thinks Sleepy Joe was ever really ahead by fifteen points needs their heads examined.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2020, 09:20:50 pm »
Anyone who thinks Sleepy Joe was ever really ahead by fifteen points needs their heads examined.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2020, 09:49:24 pm »

Because they know they have a loser and are propping him up.

They are basically the giant curtain in the Wizard of Oz that we are not to look behind.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2020, 01:48:29 am »
A warning about RCP 'polls':

RCP doesn't do polling.  It's 'poll' number is a reflection of the average results from several very different polls.  Florida number includes results from the St. Pete poll and the Susquehanna poll.  The former polled over six times more people than the latter, but their results were averaged equally.  This simply is not a valid statistical method because the smaller poll group will have a much higher margin of error than the larger.

I don't trust the Susquehanna poll any more than I trust Florida Atlantic or CBS.  Which in turn means that I don't trust RCP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2020, 01:51:19 am »

RCP doesn't do polling.  It's 'poll' number is a reflection of the average results from several very different polls.  Florida number includes results from the St. Pete poll and the Susquehanna poll.  The former polled over six times more people than the latter, but their results were averaged equally.  This simply is not a valid statistical method because the smaller poll group will have a much higher margin of error than the larger.

I don't trust the Susquehanna poll any more than I trust Florida Atlantic or CBS.  Which in turn means that I don't trust RCP.

RCP is a polling aggregator.

RCP polling average is usually fairly accurate, although not in 2016 state polls. Good sign for Trump though.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2020, 02:06:58 am »

Sounds like GIGO to me.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2020, 02:08:35 am »
Sounds like GIGO to me.

Garbage does that every time!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.