Author Topic: Trump says he now identifies as a non-denominational Christian  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he now identifies as a non-denominational Christian
« on: October 25, 2020, 07:13:57 pm »

By Anugrah Kumar, Christian Post Contributor

President Trump is largely known to be a Presbyterian in terms of his religious identity, but in a media interview, he said he now identifies as a “nondenominational Christian.”

“Though I was confirmed at a Presbyterian church as a child, I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian,” Trump told Religious News Service in a written statement, responding to the question, “Do you consider yourself an evangelical Christian?”

The president also stated, “Melania and I have gotten to visit some amazing churches and meet with great faith leaders from around the world. During the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak, I tuned into several virtual church services and know that millions of Americans did the same.”

On Palm Sunday, Trump was among the 1.3 million who watched California megachurch Pastor Greg Laurie’s Palm Sunday webcast service. He also announced that he watched the Sunday service of Pastor Jentezen Franklin at Free Chapel in Georgia, and Pastor Robert Jeffress of Frist Baptist Dallas, among others, during the lockdowns.

more
https://www.christianpost.com/news/trump-identifies-non-denominational-christian.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Trump says he now identifies as a non-denominational Christian
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 02:37:32 pm »
Greg Laurie is an interesting guy. He pastors a large church in SoCal (in the Calvary Chapel association?). He also does evangelistic crusades. He was with Chuck Smith and Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in the Jesus People days and did artwork such as this album cover:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 02:39:41 pm »

By Anugrah Kumar, Christian Post Contributor

President Trump is largely known to be a Presbyterian in terms of his religious identity, but in a media interview, he said he now identifies as a “nondenominational Christian.”

“Though I was confirmed at a Presbyterian church as a child, I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian,” Trump told Religious News Service in a written statement, responding to the question, “Do you consider yourself an evangelical Christian?”

The president also stated, “Melania and I have gotten to visit some amazing churches and meet with great faith leaders from around the world. During the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak, I tuned into several virtual church services and know that millions of Americans did the same.”

On Palm Sunday, Trump was among the 1.3 million who watched California megachurch Pastor Greg Laurie’s Palm Sunday webcast service. He also announced that he watched the Sunday service of Pastor Jentezen Franklin at Free Chapel in Georgia, and Pastor Robert Jeffress of Frist Baptist Dallas, among others, during the lockdowns.

more
https://www.christianpost.com/news/trump-identifies-non-denominational-christian.html
I've been watching Robert Jeffres of First Baptist Dallas since the lock down.  I've thoroughly enjoyed his sermons.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 11:05:40 am »
With all the infiltration's of leftist leaning pastors into Christian churches, a non-denominational believer might well be the mark of a serious believer.  I'm sick of preachers that say; We need to take politics out of the church when conservative and early Christian views are expressed, but when liberal views and i do mean abominations are introduced into churches many preachers are mute or approving.  As indicated, the wolves in sheep's clothing are amongst the flock.  Way more than most people realize.  Too bad so few read their Bibles and take them seriously.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions